???? having both VST and RE

Discuss VST stuff here!
Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2017

Is there a way to remove the VSTs I have REs of.
but
NOT remove them from my computer because I still want to use them in other DAWs

tibah

23 Dec 2017

Window -> Manage Plugins

Enable / Disable

Done

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2017

tibah wrote:
23 Dec 2017
Window -> Manage Plugins

Enable / Disable

Done

Too easy!!!
You're Awesome
Thank you

tobypearce

23 Dec 2017

I wish there was a way to do this the other way around.

I doubt Spire RE will get much use for me now that I can use the VST version. I can access soundbanks and it's not such a pig on CPU.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

QVprod

23 Dec 2017

tobypearce wrote:
23 Dec 2017

I doubt Spire RE will get much use for me now that I can use the VST version. I can access soundbanks and it's not such a pig on CPU.
In case you aren't aware, there is. You can remove it from Authorizer. The downside is you can't sync all on REs else it'll redownload.

antic604

29 Dec 2017

QVprod wrote:
23 Dec 2017
tobypearce wrote:
23 Dec 2017

In case you aren't aware, there is. You can remove it from Authorizer. The downside is you can't sync all on REs else it'll redownload.
Can you really? I've tried it several times with free REs and there was always a dialog popping up that the "RE is in use by Reason" even though I was doing it from a clean, empty project. It also didn't worked when Reason was closed and I run Authoriser stand-alone. In the end I had to hunt down the files on the SSD and delete them manually.

QVprod

29 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
29 Dec 2017
QVprod wrote:
23 Dec 2017

Can you really? I've tried it several times with free REs and there was always a dialog popping up that the "RE is in use by Reason" even though I was doing it from a clean, empty project. It also didn't worked when Reason was closed and I run Authoriser stand-alone. In the end I had to hunt down the files on the SSD and delete them manually.
You can't do it with Reason open. If it didn't go through it might have thought that Reason was still open.

• Information