The RE2A IS in the giveaway!! (ENDED)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EdGrip

20 Oct 2016

I've just been to the Cakewalk.com website and clicked on the "Get it free" button for C1-2A. We'll see what happens!

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

EdGrip wrote:Hello!
I'd love RE2A - is this available to anyone, or only Sonar owners?
What's the lowdown?
This offer is available to ANYONE :mrgreen:
Just go to their website and fill out a form!

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2016

Update time! Just found this post from Cakewalk on FB: "Fill out the form and make sure you choose Reason as your DAW, and that the email you provide is the same as the one you use for your Propellerheads account. Then, you'll receive the RE-2A in your Propellerheads account within a couple of weeks, possibly even sooner". So make sure you fill it out again if you used another email the first time.
Last edited by Ottostrom on 20 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

EdGrip

20 Oct 2016

Thanks Otto!
I did indeed use a different email address - sorted!

Abstrax

20 Oct 2016

Just filled it out and wishing for the best. I've had RE-2A bookmarked for a year or so...

decibel

20 Oct 2016

uurrghh, i ended up just grabbing a vst version for logic when the give away was announced a week back and now it seems i cant re enter & change daw preferences to reason ? anybody else having the same issue ?

tiker01

20 Oct 2016

Cakewalk Software wrote:

Fill out the form and make sure you choose Reason as your DAW, and that the email you provide is the same as the one you use for your Propellerheads account. Then, you'll receive the RE-2A in your Propellerheads account within a couple of weeks, possibly even sooner :)

@Selig Perhaps due to the high demand PH will help out and add the licences via finding the username in their database based on the email addresses?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

16BitBear

20 Oct 2016

fieldframe wrote:Direct link to the signup form: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/CA-2A/Free

I wonder if you have to sign up using the same email address as your Propellerhead account for them to be able to add it automatically.
It looks like you can't redeem a RE version if you already redeemed the VST. I got it a few days ago, and when I click that link(signed in), it says, you have already received it. Then it just provides installation instructions and the direct download of the Mac and PC VST again.

Bummer! Had I know it was one or the other, I would have chose the RE version as I own several other excellent VST compressors and the RE has been on my Props wishlist for some time. :thumbs_down:

XysteR

20 Oct 2016

Seems like a long-winded way of doing it. It'd be much easier for them to just log in and set its price to free. But hey ho, I just filled out the form with my props email and selected Reason as my DAW. I just ignored the 'Instructions' page that comes up after that. Time to wait and see :D

XysteR

20 Oct 2016

DJBuddhaBear wrote:
fieldframe wrote:Direct link to the signup form: https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/CA-2A/Free

I wonder if you have to sign up using the same email address as your Propellerhead account for them to be able to add it automatically.
It looks like you can't redeem a RE version if you already redeemed the VST. I got it a few days ago, and when I click that link(signed in), it says, you have already received it. Then it just provides installation instructions and the direct download of the Mac and PC VST again.

Bummer! Had I know it was one or the other, I would have chose the RE version as I own several other excellent VST compressors and the RE has been on my Props wishlist for some time. :thumbs_down:
Can you not just change your props email temporarily, then register for the Re version with the new email. Then after they add it to your props account, just change your email back to your old one?

challism

20 Oct 2016

Wow, what an amazing gift to the community. Thank you so much Cakewalk. I already bought this, but it's very lucky for those of you who don't yet have it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

eusti

20 Oct 2016

challism wrote:Wow, what an amazing gift to the community. Thank you so much Cakewalk. I already bought this, but it's very lucky for those of you who don't yet have it.
I agree. Somewhat begrudgingly... ;)

D.

16BitBear

21 Oct 2016

XysteR wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:

Can you not just change your props email temporarily, then register for the Re version with the new email. Then after they add it to your props account, just change your email back to your old one?
It is not my Props account. I already have several VST's from Cakewalk and have an account there. I registered and installed it via the service center.

ljekio

21 Oct 2016

I do not remember that had left in the choice of the DAW, but it seems it was Reason.
But now I have copy of CA-2A and dont see where change it.
My email on registration of the cakewalk site is equal of my email for PH account.

Creativemind

21 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
Ottostrom wrote:
selig wrote:
Ottostrom wrote:Holy shit he is not lying! Had to look through the source code to see what image he was trying to post and it was a screenshot from Cakewalks website that said "The RE-2A will officially be part of this promo. As long as you chose "Reason" for your primary DAW, the RE-2A will be delivered to your Propellerheads account, most likely by or before the end of October !"
Curious how they can deliver it to my account if they don't ask for my account name?
Has anyone followed through on this? Do they ask for your account name in a separate email, or what?
:)
Yeah this was my question as well. But hopefully we can get some more info by email.
Looks like Facebook, not the Cakewalk site, right?
Well spotted Selig ;-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

21 Oct 2016

ljekio wrote:I do not remember that had left in the choice of the DAW, but it seems it was Reason.
But now I have copy of CA-2A and dont see where change it.
My email on registration of the cakewalk site is equal of my email for PH account.
Same for me. I now have the CA-2A but was wondering what I put as my DAW. Presumably Reason ('cause I do use a couple of other vst compatible daw's so I might have inadvertently chosen one of them as it was a vst I was getting but I think I put Reason) and now wonder how to change it as I would love this gem.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ljekio

21 Oct 2016

Yes, Im use Reaper for midi-brass and Toontrack drums only, without any using vst effects (except Line6 PodFarm2 now, :( ) and that compressor much better to be looked at a rack of my Reason. :)

sonicbyte

21 Oct 2016

Awesome, one question ? Do I need to install the Cakewalk Command Center if they will "manage" to send the RE to our propellerheads account ?

Ottostrom

21 Oct 2016

sonicbyte wrote:Awesome, one question ? Do I need to install the Cakewalk Command Center if they will "manage" to send the RE to our propellerheads account ?
No, that should not be necessary.

FLVZ

21 Oct 2016

I'm wondering if they'll dish out for the people that already signed up and downloaded the VST version before they announced they will send a copy to the Props accounts linked to our email! I selected Reason as my Daw but downloaded the vst version through fear of missing out completely.
The wait is killing me...

adamf

21 Oct 2016

Im in the mix too. just waiting to find out where to redeem it from.

Skullture

21 Oct 2016

Props announced it on Facebook so its official now :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

FLVZ

21 Oct 2016

Ah, its seems next week is when the ball gets rolling!

Loque

21 Oct 2016

Thx for hunting, guys...
Reason12, Win10

• Information