Polyphonic Bitspeek Vocoder

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

25 Aug 2016

I really enjoy the sound of Bitspeek as a vocoder with it's internal synth. It can be very crisp and clear. I wanted to have polyphony, so I added a Distributor :puf_smile: I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, but thought I'd share this patch. You will need Bitspeek of course and Distributor for this patch.

It consists of 4 Bitspeeks.

The 'Vary Rate' button makes it so each Bitspeek is set to a different sample rate.

The 'Unison' button places Distributor in Unison mode and spreads the Bitspeeks across the Left and Right channels (particularly cool when you also vary the rates).

The 'Hold' button turns KBD Mode off for all Bitspeeks, but they will still receive notes from Distributor (so that you can select notes/chords and then just continue talking).

But mostly I enjoy playing it as-is. Enjoy! :D

[EDIT] Updated file
PolyBitSpeek (Distributor).cmb.zip
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

marcuswitt

28 Aug 2016

Great sounding Combinator! Many thanks Joey!!!

challism

28 Aug 2016

Thanks, Joey!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Skullture

28 Aug 2016

I want to own Bitspeek but it's so expensive :(

joeyluck

28 Aug 2016

Skullture wrote:I want to own Bitspeek but it's so expensive :(
Expensive? But $49 is the sweet spot!

For all the things it can do from sounding convincingly like speaking toys, to being a very intelligible vocoder, tempo sync'd formant freezing, audio to cv for controlling synths with your voice, to an awesome GUI with a fun easter egg on the back, and being very CPU efficient... I'd say it's well worth the money. It's such a fun and unique device.

Skullture

28 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:

For all the things it can do from sounding convincingly like speaking toys, to being a very intelligible vocoder, tempo sync'd formant freezing, audio to cv for controlling synths with your voice, to an awesome GUI with a fun easter egg on the back, and being very CPU efficient... I'd say it's well worth the money. It's such a fun and unique device.
VST format is cheaper https://soniccharge.com/bitspeek
I'd like to purchase it at the same price, I know the effort in coding is different, but essentially it's the same product, so I prefer a unified price.

joeyluck

28 Aug 2016

Skullture wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

I'd like to purchase it at the same price, I know the effort in coding is different, but essentially it's the same product, so I prefer a unified price.
Here was their response to that:

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/234 ... itspeek-re

FWIW, our Echobode which has slightly fewer features than the VST for the time being is cheaper than the VST...

Skullture

28 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Skullture wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

Here was there response to that:

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/234 ... itspeek-re

FWIW, our Echobode which has slightly fewer features than the VST for the time being is cheaper than the VST...
Alright, didn't know that, thx for the heads up!

• Information