Violet Dread - Crying (dance metal)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

03 May 2024

Hey all,

This is probably my favourite song off an album I made with a friend. It started off as a more punk track but then I remixed into a more techno beat and completely rewrote the song. Used Roland TR-8 for drums, STL Tones Emissary and NadIR for guitars, Roland System-1 for synth, lots of Reason FX, Softube FET compressor, always Synapse GQ and Reverb.

Let me know what you think.

AfterAudio

04 May 2024

I like the mix of heavy guitars with electronic drums.

What is your process and gear for tracking the guitars?

Bloma

04 May 2024

Thanks After Audio.

I'm just DIing into my interface (Apollo Twin MkII), using the UA 610-B preamp and a tiny bit of compression (Teletronix LA-2A and P Channel Strip), this is all on the way in.

Then I've got 5 different takes of the same thing, using 3 of STL Tones Emissary and NadIR with slightly different settings and mic positions, and 2 of Kuassa Creme, panned around a bit.

I'm cutting some low end and some 5.3khz, and boosting some high end.

------

The amount of takes is overkill and on our newer tracks I've simplified a lot, using a Boss CE-3 to split into 2 signals and just using one take per riff, and it sounds sick.

• Information