(Drum and Bass) Ice Track Remix

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2023

This is a remix of Tritone Addictions Ice track.

When i heard his version for the first time it gave me so many ideas and i thought it would translate perfectly to dnb with the bouncy rolling bass and spooky child vocals.

Thank you to Tritone for allowing me to make my remix/interpretation.

Any comments appreciated :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2023

Nice to see you managed to do something with it Popey. And it's nice to see an actual finished version of it too.
Your DNB interpretation definitely works. It became a track of its own. :thumbs_up:

If anyone's curios about hearing the original, which I never got to finish, here it is. I'll keep it up for a little while longer before I remove it from my Soundcloud.

RTFX

28 Jun 2023

Its very nice indeed popey!
You think u will make more tracks in this style?
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Jun 2023
Nice to see you managed to do something with it Popey. And it's nice to see an actual finished version of it too.
Your DNB interpretation definitely works. It became a track of its own. :thumbs_up:

If anyone's curios about hearing the original, which I never got to finish, here it is. I'll keep it up for a little while longer before I remove it from my Soundcloud.
I know i have said it in a pm but really thanks to you for allowing me to work with this.

As i said above I loved your original piece and usually i just listen to peoples reason tunes and enjoy them but on this occasion i just found myself wanting to work with it and had a head full of dnb inspired ideas. When you said you were not going to work on it I thought it was too good to go to waste. :thumbs_up:

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2023

RTFX wrote:
28 Jun 2023
Its very nice indeed popey!
You think u will make more tracks in this style?
Thanks RTFX.

Am i likely to make more DNB then the answer is yes, however i have two projects on the go at the moment and one is breakbeat (with a house/techno influence) and the other is straight house/melodic techno so it might not be for a while.

TheGodOfRainbows

05 Jul 2023

Wow what a crazy frantic sounding track! The dnb really does work with this. The energy makes me want to bounce around the room and start throwing chairs - IN A GOOD WAY, if that makes sense. Good stuff Popey and Tritone.

If I may ask Tritone, why do you want to remove it from soundcloud?! It's good stuff. I can't believe the good tracks some people take down - Aeox is one person that comes to mind. TeflonTomb also. Don't you want the world to hear it? What good would it be doing sitting on your hard drive?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2023

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
05 Jul 2023
If I may ask Tritone, why do you want to remove it from soundcloud?! It's good stuff. I can't believe the good tracks some people take down - Aeox is one person that comes to mind. TeflonTomb also. Don't you want the world to hear it? What good would it be doing sitting on your hard drive?
It’s for the simple reason that the track is not finished. I only want finished material on my soundcloud. It’s not unusual that I post temporary material on there, test tunes, work in progress stuff or weird bits like the current ’Making screams with synths”. But I know they will either be updated and finished or removed. For example the Squashed track will be updated and finished, while the Scream bit will be removed as it only was made to respond to a RT thread.

But I know the feeling as a listener when someone removes something I like. But as an artist we tend want have some control over what we want to present.

I think for the most part if someone asked for a removed track, I’d be willing to send them a wav file for private use, but I wouldn’t put it back on soundcloud.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2023

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
05 Jul 2023
Wow what a crazy frantic sounding track! The dnb really does work with this. The energy makes me want to bounce around the room and start throwing chairs - IN A GOOD WAY, if that makes sense. Good stuff Popey and Tritone.

Thanks I really enjoyed working with TritoneAddiction's track and it gave me so many ideas. It is pretty dark and crazy and I wanted to maintain the essence of his original.

• Information