[electronic] Rising Night Wave - Come On! [finished]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

31 May 2023

my new song.

two days of work. quite some struggling with mixing and mastering.
debile me forgot about fact that some songs sound better on my monitors than on my headphones. and vice versa.
so i was struggling to do it on headhones firstly. then i lost my nerves. again. hehe. and then remembered that it would be better to do it on headphones. hehe. idiot me.

okey. so mixing and mastering is done.

song is quite raw and filthy. perhaps you will say again that low end is muddy. i was thinking about that. but it does not bother me. perhaps i like it this way. as my music expresses filthiness of world. in a really raw way and manner. my music is not commercial neither clean and polished. it should not be like that. since i am talking about filthy world full of negativiness.

okey. here is the song:

again. the cover image was done by me using artificial intelligence software called Stable Diffusion. this app is amazing. just a proper promt has to be. and the magic comes true. hehe.

ps: aha. only one thing is. the mastering is perhaps too tweaked. too much loudness. so drum kick and low tom kick is a bit distorted on some parts. please tell me how do you hear this. i think it is like this. atm am very tired and exhausted. too much of coffee through day. not that much of sleeping from yesterday. and this struggling with mixing and mastering. and it rings in my ears. hehe. because of using headphones. and also because of monitors.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

01 Jun 2023

huh! could mods/admins correct the thread name, please.
it says Come On! but the song's name is "Raid On!".
i made a mistake. sorry.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

well, okey. i slept over this song. i just woke up. and checked this song.
i found 3 to 4 to 5 things to be corrected:

- drums: too much of reverb
- vocals: too much of reverb
- highs: too loud
- raid siren: too quitet
- overall mastering: some "squealing" especially at the end

i will repair this asap.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Rising Night Wave

01 Jun 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
31 May 2023

so i was struggling to do it on headhones firstly. then i lost my nerves. again. hehe. and then remembered that it would be better to do it on headphones. hehe. idiot me.

:lol:

sorry for that. i meant to write on my monitors.
damn. as said i was really tired and exhausted.
i made a mistake.

as Lich King says in HearthStone: make no mistakes! :thumbup:

JC1

01 Jun 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote:
31 May 2023

:lol:

sorry for that. i meant to write on my monitors.
damn. as said i was really tired and exhausted.
i made a mistake.

as Lich King says in HearthStone: make no mistakes! :thumbup:
Haha that's ok! Nothing's ever done until it's done, and then maybe needs doing again lol.

You gotta get it right for yourself at the end of the day, and you gotta be happy with it.
I do the same thing as well. I've got multiple versions of the same song I'm working on atm and it's annoying to think you pretty much have it, and then drop it out and sit on it for a little and then realise you don't have it....😡

But each time we do this, we get better and refine our process and as long as you're able to honestly self assess it yourself, it goes a long way in this game.
That's just what I think though.

But nice track anyway, there are some interesting things going on in there such as the high crystally synth line arrangement and the general flow of it was good too. Can't really hear the low end on my phone, but from what I can tell it was a bit more absent from what I would expect but as long as you're happy, I'm happy too! I just love Low end that's all lol 😁✌️👍
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

Rising Night Wave

01 Jun 2023

well cool JC1. i am glad you found this song cool and interesting.
i like it a lot.

drums are rock/metal. bass guitar/synth is disco. hehe. other are techy/housy. lets' say it like that.

am, well, about the process of work. i almost evry time found that my first version is best.
i also have plenty of versions of each song. depends on work itself. and song itself.
but as said i almost every time find out that the very first version is best.
in general this concerns to mixing. my mastering is still poor and bad. so it does not count.

so, when i am remixing my previous version of song and making new version...
... later let's say next day when i compare these two songs i always find that he first version if always best.

interesting about that is: i also found a lot of times this pattern (similar pattern) in metal music.
simple as that: demos, 1st EPs and first to second albums are always best!
usually remixed versions are not good as first version.
and if you compare demo versions of songs they are better than album versions.
just simply better. it reflects the fact that the youngness is better that oldness.
in life it is like that. when you are young you are better person than when you are old.
they know to say: the world stands on the youth.

okey. again a bit too much of text. damn i am unable to say/write things simply.
i tends to talk/write too much. pardon about this. my bad.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

hm. interesting thing. now when i am writing this text i am in my fathers work room. he has his computer here.
so i am on his laptop right now. and am listening to this song Raid On! on my mobile JBL BoomBox v2.
hm, it sounds so cool. really. afterall not bad at all. but okey. this is not to be taken seriously since this mobile speker is... well how to say it? not referal.
i will correct those things i wrote before through the day. reverbs and loudness.

Rising Night Wave

01 Jun 2023

hi moderators and admins. can you, please, change the text in the title for this thread from "Come On!" to "Raid On!" since i made a mistake.
thank you.

Rising Night Wave

01 Jun 2023

okey. i made some changes in song and uploaded a new version of file.

here are the changes:

- drum kick - lovered the amount of reverb
- drum kick - added additional lane (additional kick) for drum kick to colorize the sound of a kick
- vocasl - lovered the reverb amount
- master section - lovered the loudnes for highs in MClass EQ
- raid siren - raised a bit loudness
- tractor pad - added additional Matrix Sequencer to colorize the sound of it
- impact WAV sample - raised loudness a bit
- cymbal - lovered the loudness a bit

thats it.

• Information