(Trip hop) Shanghai Delta - Careers in Science

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
killhamster

23 Jun 2021

Apologies in advance for the spotify link. I can probably dig up an Apple Music or some other stream if it's really an issue ;)

When I lived in Shanghai I fell in with a kind of collective of expat musicians and did a lot of stuff with them over the course of a year. Right before I moved back to the US, we had a weekend of jam sessions and came away with enough good takes and parts to work out a couple of solid tracks. I got hold of all the original recordings and did all the arrangement, production, mixing, and mastering in Reason.

It was very different from what I usually do alone, one guy has an apartment full of exotic instruments along with computers and synths, so we got to play around with some weird stuff. This one ended up having an Appalachian dulcimer, OP-1, a Gibson electric bass, a bunch of R11 suite instruments, and some loops from the old Planet of the Breaks refill.

Shanghai Delta (feat. arthur, Mahoney, RBM, Yukes玉刻, and 白梦微/Bai) - Careers in Science

• Information