(Orchestral strings/piano trance) Prove

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
hu-ryu

30 Jun 2017

Ahhhhhhh tell me what you think. Still open to suggestions. Thanks.

Wickline

30 Jun 2017

Just listened to it on my phone so I can't really give any audio feedback.
I really like the track though. Lots of movement and solid transitions from what I could hear.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

Daniel36

30 Jun 2017

Live feedback time!!

Cool intro!! Nice how it suddenly goes into melody mode from static. I like!!
Reminds me of RPG music, specifically Terranigma and Illusion of Time. It makes me happy!!

After the break the melody goes a bit odd. I think it would be better to keep it simple and to use a synthetic sound instead of the string sound there.

The kick kicks haaaard! I like! I think the hats and snare could be brought up a bit though. But the build-up of elements is really nice! The string works here again. The part after, I am guessing around 2:30 or something, sounds a bit empty. Could use a warm pad to fill out the low/mid.

The break is quite nice! Takes me back into the SNES feels!

The breakdown is good, easy to mix into a new song, so that's done well!

I will say this though. There are a loooot of different parts, and while they all sound really nice in their own way, the idea of trance, at least in my mind, is to literally get you into a trance, and that is through subtle build-ups and slightly more dreamy atmospheres. Some parts are dreamy, but some parts are a bit... frantic for a lack of a better word. Maybe try and tie it all a bit more into each other for your next track.

Still, I like it a lot! In fact, it made me feel like putting up one of my fave trance mixes and chill out on that for a bit! Nostalgic times!! :)

hu-ryu

02 Jul 2017

Thanks for the kind comments guys. WIll definitely look into the tips suggested, especially how they can still apply to future songs. I haven't listened to this song since posting! It's done my head in and I've already started on a new one.

Again, cheers for the feel goods.

Lowas

03 Jul 2017

Nice, I like the intro the most.

• Information