(Post-rock/Instrumental) Gremlin

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
ionly

04 Jun 2017

Composed in Reason 8, mastered in Studio One 2.

Cheers

EDIT: REVISED VERSION AS PER ADVICE BELOW...

Last edited by ionly on 15 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

PSoames

09 Jun 2017

Being a fan of Alex Cox's 1984 cult masterpiece Repoman, I got the tingles listening to this.

Some of the guitar string screech is a little over done and some of the high frequencies (Hi-hat or tambourine) need taming but generally the drums are excellent and the whole thing comes alive at about 3.00 when the "Spooky Tooth/Electronic Mass" wail makes it's unholy presence felt.

Blamo! Eye's melt, skin explodes, everybody dead!

ionly

10 Jun 2017

Hey PSoames, thanks for the ears/advice mate - I'll be making those adjustments later today.

"Spooky Tooth/Electronic Mass" :puf_bigsmile:

Ever been to Utah? Ra-di-a-tion. Yes, indeed. You hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-box do-gooders telling everybody it's bad for you. Pernicious nonsense. Everybody could stand a hundred chest X-rays a year. They ought to have them, too

Cheers

strangers
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2017

The song progresses really nicely and is very cohesive. Really liking the creepy vibe of the song, as well.

The guitars are a little too bright for my taste, but they do fit the song nicely. I agree with PSoames, the string noise is too present and the hats are on the ice pick side. If you could tame those a bit, it'd make the song even more enjoyable.

ionly

15 Jun 2017

Hi.
Revised version as advised - please let me know what you think.
Thanks again

• Information