(Berlin School) On The Road

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
K.Markov

11 Nov 2016

New album out, On The Road.
100% Reason :puf_smile:

enjoy

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2016

Hi

I paused my Larry Fast record to hear this...

Ok so you really do need to take some time as this isn't exactly a pop song. But you very accurately described yourself as Berlin School so anything under 22:30 is admitting you are a wimp LOL

It seems pretty quiet but there may be a more rousing section later. Also most modern mixes (possibly including my own) tend to be too loud. Maybe your mix is a little limited in freq range but that isn't a killer at all as it makes it seem more "period". The mix is lacking some sense of shine or gloss but is definitely nice in character. I notice you only let people hear a mono version of your tracks, maybe that explains.

Ok we have some melodic activity at 8:55 and it is really lovely. I skipped to 13 mins and now we have the obligatory Berlin School riff. Nice.

I'm off to Bandcamp to check out more of your work.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

K.Markov

12 Nov 2016

thanks :puf_smile: yes, preview are 22 khz 8 bit mono :puf_smile:

Benedict
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2016

Any reason you would undersell your work? If it is the stealing thing, I say think again as there are two types of people listening to music online. Streamers (and thieves) and people who buy. Very little crossover so court the ones you want and ignore the others as they are non-customers.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

K.Markov

12 Nov 2016

I was thinking about that. There are some artists on bc who put 2-3 minute samples. I decided to put whole tracks, and mono is to be fair for my supporters who pay for my music, and I don't want make it easy for thieves :puf_smile:

Benedict
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2016

I see that but what I am saying is the thieves will NEVER buy your music so whether they steal your music or not is irrelevant. No sale is lost if there is no opportunity to sell in the first place (despite some of their circular arguments). The other people are the new breed who only stream music on-demand. Some buy so treat them like customers, the others are more like thieves so of no consequence.

However you want to appeal to the real music fans who want to own the music. To make it a true part of their lives. Court them and be sure not to do anything that creates a stumbling block to helping them get it in their collection no matter how there may seem to be arguments otherwise.

Let's say that you were a Garth Brooks (swap the name to TD if Garth offends you) fan and he released a new record. You want to have a listen, be captivated and then pull it into your life. The money is relatively incidental once you want it in your life (so long as the price isn't too out of line). What if you then find it really hard to find the new songs on YouTube and even worse the only way to get the record is to live in America so you can buy off Amazon.USA? Would you feel embraced by Garth or that he was holding you at arm's length? I'm a fan and I feel the latter. Now Garth can kinda make these mistakes but unknown musicians who have a window of only a few seconds to get attention and buy in before the click away and forget you...

Benedict Roff-Marsh

K.Markov

12 Nov 2016

I understand you. But it works ok so far as it is. And for unknown musicians, there's always a beginning :puf_smile:

Noplan
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2016

Here is a picture in reduced quality that I have painted. You can buy it if you like it.

K.Markov

12 Nov 2016

:puf_bigsmile:

here's a sample of my whole pic, you can buy it if you like it :puf_smile:
Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (37.15 KiB) Viewed 1606 times

K.Markov

22 Nov 2016

ok, now stereo (normal) preview :puf_smile:

Benedict
Competition Winner