My latest work. Feedback appreciated (house/techno)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2023

Well no change here, always looking to up my game.

The community here are such a helpful bunch be rude not to get opinions from people more skilled than i and who genuinely want to help others.

I am very drunk but it's when you speak the truth hey :thumbup:

Quarmat
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2023

What can I say? You are now a master in your craft. The track sounds perfect: kick and bass thunder from the bottom the synths are crisp as a slap and the whole thing holds together cohesively and effectively.

If only I could focus on a genre or two maybe in 10 years of study I could catch up with you Popey :)

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2023

Quarmat wrote:
12 Oct 2023
What can I say? You are now a master in your craft. The track sounds perfect: kick and bass thunder from the bottom the synths are crisp as a slap and the whole thing holds together cohesively and effectively.

If only I could focus on a genre or two maybe in 10 years of study I could catch up with you Popey :)
Thanks Quarmat :thumbup:

Mattvank

12 Oct 2023

The crisp of the sounds is remarkable. I could imagine the track turns into something more melodic after the break but it could be a too trancy mood.
And yes, more of that crispy tunes!

selig
RE Developer

12 Oct 2023

You got a solid mix going on, nice. At first I wondered if the breakdown around 2:30 dropped the energy level down too much, but now I'm not so sure. The break section sounded better when I listed back at "full throttle"! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Superology

12 Oct 2023

Overall I liked the track, but arpeggio sequence really sucks, it's annoying. And the sound of it is guitar? Not my cup of tea. The most details that are made here good I can't notice, cause I am not that professional.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2023

Nice job. Every element sounds good to me. I enjoy the overall soundscape and the mood of the track. I think that’s the songs biggest strength. Production is on point. To me there aren’t any clear instruments or hooks taking the lead declaring itself the most important part of the song. Imo because of that it works more as a really great mood setter than a highly memorable track. Depending on what you’re after that could be a good thing or a not so good thing. I do like the randomized nature of the background arpeggio. But the fact that its played in such a varied manner also contributes to the song being less memorable.
So I guess it’s all about your intent with the track.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2023

Mattvank wrote:
12 Oct 2023
The crisp of the sounds is remarkable. I could imagine the track turns into something more melodic after the break but it could be a too trancy mood.
And yes, more of that crispy tunes!
Thanks Mattvank, i must admit i put techno but i am not really sure where my stuff fits. so many influences kinda makes it a melting pot.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2023

selig wrote:
12 Oct 2023
You got a solid mix going on, nice. At first I wondered if the breakdown around 2:30 dropped the energy level down too much, but now I'm not so sure. The break section sounded better when I listed back at "full throttle"! ;)
Thanks Selig, I see a lot of progression in my mixes and nowadays get quite a few positive comments but still got a lot to learn (constantly putting out material has helped with this) . I personally see song structure and melodic elements my challenge now.

That said it is just a hobby and my favourite relaxation so the more i do (and the more i help i get from others like here) really keeps that passion alive. Appreciate the feedback about the break, when listening on lower volume the impact is lessened than when loud.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2023

Superology wrote:
12 Oct 2023
Overall I liked the track, but arpeggio sequence really sucks, it's annoying. And the sound of it is guitar? Not my cup of tea. The most details that are made here good I can't notice, cause I am not that professional.
No worries, i like arps but if it is not your thing i understand. It is not a guitar though ( it is a pluck) and there are 3 arps all created in synths.

Popey
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Oct 2023
Nice job. Every element sounds good to me. I enjoy the overall soundscape and the mood of the track. I think that’s the songs biggest strength. Production is on point. To me there aren’t any clear instruments or hooks taking the lead declaring itself the most important part of the song. Imo because of that it works more as a really great mood setter than a highly memorable track. Depending on what you’re after that could be a good thing or a not so good thing. I do like the randomized nature of the background arpeggio. But the fact that its played in such a varied manner also contributes to the song being less memorable.
So I guess it’s all about your intent with the track.
Thanks Tritone Addiction. I agree about the hook/memorable melody, it is a weak spot of mine so something to focus on :thumbs_up:

RTFX

15 Oct 2023

Oops, almost late to the popeyparty.
All your latest tracks are more if theyre the listeners cupotea, than if theyre mixed and mastered very well.
For the latter youve developed good ears and skills mate👍🏼👍🏼.
I remember one o your tracks being played in a rsdioshow and one released by a label.
Whats the status? Have djs played your tracks at parties? Cause they should
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2023

RTFX wrote:
15 Oct 2023
Oops, almost late to the popeyparty.
All your latest tracks are more if theyre the listeners cupotea, than if theyre mixed and mastered very well.
For the latter youve developed good ears and skills mate👍🏼👍🏼.
I remember one o your tracks being played in a rsdioshow and one released by a label.
Whats the status? Have djs played your tracks at parties? Cause they should
Hi RTFX thanks for the comments mate. I haven't had any stuff released on labels but I know we spoke before and I was going to send a track to a couple of labels (which I still haven't done). Have had some plays on techno radioshows and also had a track spotlighted on a techno podcast but that is about it at the moment.

After chatting to a few people I am just putting stuff on spotify now to get stuff out there. Not looking to earn money from it but as per most people I get a buzz if people like my music.

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2023

Massively reworked this

Quarmat
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2023

Low end separation is so good. I'd love to steal your secret.

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2023

Quarmat wrote:
29 Oct 2023
Low end separation is so good. I'd love to steal your secret.
Thanks Quarmat.

No secret really just usually have a sub layer and a top bass with volume shaping with shaperbox 3 to sit them both nicely ducked to the kick. Then usually just eq and compression.

• Information