(Experimental/Breakbeat) Superology - 1

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Superology

11 Oct 2023

Hello, reason users! After I made the Prodigy covers I have an imagination of how it looks like in the arrangement. As I can see, there is no chance to make masterpieces before making ~1000 crapy tracks. So this is my first (not really of course) track.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2023

There are good ideas in here, although after a minute and a half they are all over and we need a change. You've made it quite clear to us that you're a big Prodigy fan and somehow want to emulate or otherwise draw strong inspiration from their sound. I think you need to study how they use harmonic changes (all quite simple, really) to introduce power or breathy sections. Rhythm section-wise, I think you're pretty much there, but the track is a bit frayed and really needs a chorus section. But I'm glad to finally hear something of your own and not a cover. Good work.

Superology

12 Oct 2023

Quarmat wrote:
12 Oct 2023
There are good ideas in here, although after a minute and a half they are all over and we need a change. You've made it quite clear to us that you're a big Prodigy fan and somehow want to emulate or otherwise draw strong inspiration from their sound. I think you need to study how they use harmonic changes (all quite simple, really) to introduce power or breathy sections. Rhythm section-wise, I think you're pretty much there, but the track is a bit frayed and really needs a chorus section. But I'm glad to finally hear something of your own and not a cover. Good work.
Thank you! I am very glad you responded. Before posting I was thinking to leave it to the morning to fix all the mistakes, but it doesn't work like this. Tracks are not treasures unless they're ~1000th.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2023

Nice to see you're doing your own material. I prefer this over the covers personally.

Superology

27 Oct 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Oct 2023
Nice to see you're doing your own material. I prefer this over the covers personally.
Thanks.

• Information