(Video Gamey) - 500

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2021

Wrote this one fairly quickly. I drew a lot of inspiration from old Amiga 500 games, which I played a lot of as a kid.
I finally got some use of one of my Layers synths. I've always disliked them before, but with this track the sample based, somewhat cheap sounding character fit perfectly. Also used some Noise engineering stuff, Psychedelic Haas Sample Slice Unit ( for the scratching parts), FM4.

Might change the title later on.

MannequinRaces

06 Feb 2021

Awesome! Always great to hear new music from you, no matter what the genre is. Really like it. Love the lead melody.

Billy+

06 Feb 2021

Cool track, it reminds me of something but I just can't put my finger on it.....

Is the Atari Dreams patch stock or one you stacked up your self?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Awesome! Always great to hear new music from you, no matter what the genre is. Really like it. Love the lead melody.
Thanks for the nice words. :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Cool track, it reminds me of something but I just can't put my finger on it.....

Is the Atari Dreams patch stock or one you stacked up your self?
Thanks.
Not sure what you mean with "the Atari Dreams patch".

Billy+

06 Feb 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Thanks.
It's the patch name on the album art, just assumed that it was one you used in the track....

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
06 Feb 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Thanks.
It's the patch name on the album art, just assumed that it was one you used in the track....
Oh I see. No I just took the Layers Wave synth pic from RS. I just wanted some picture to add to the song. And Layers was used in two instances, so I thought why not.
Most of the sounds in the track are presets from the synths used. Maybe I tweaked some of them, can't remember. It's a simple tune, not much sound design going on in this one.

Billy+

06 Feb 2021

Ah well either way it's a cool one

drk73

06 Feb 2021

Very GOOO vibe! 👍

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2021

drk73 wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Very GOOO vibe! 👍

RTFX

08 Feb 2021

Well done TTA! I like it a lot. I dig that kick layred with that noise sound. Creates extra impact for the kick.
Did you play the lead live or did you draw it on the sequencer?
Its a kinda Prodigy-light track. Some distorted guitar riffs and voila.
Deserves to be longer than 2:25
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2021

RTFX wrote:
08 Feb 2021
Well done TTA! I like it a lot. I dig that kick layred with that noise sound. Creates extra impact for the kick.
Did you play the lead live or did you draw it on the sequencer?
Its a kinda Prodigy-light track. Some distorted guitar riffs and voila.
Deserves to be longer than 2:25
Thanks. Everything is drawn in the sequencer. I pretty much only play while coming up with new ideas. But since I'm not a very good keyboard player I get the results I want faster by just drawing directly in the sequencer.
I do tend to write pretty short songs. I think it's often because my music is pretty packed with melodies/riffs. There's hardly any breathing room. The intro is 16 seconds and after that it's off to the main theme. I do like that things kick off pretty fast and gets to the point, but sometimes I wish I was better at dragging things out a bit. But it seems that's not really one of my strenghts in music making. :-)

• Information