(Hiphop) Emil Brikha - Life Cypher (8cros remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
8cros

28 Sep 2016

Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Pete B

30 Sep 2016

Sounds professional. Nice intro. I like the gentle background sounds contrasting with the rapping.
I think the rap could be edited to fit better with the music though. There are lots of cases in the song where the rap is struggling to fit too many words into each line. He manages it well, and that kind of tightly packed line is alright occasionally, but it can get in the way of the music and the story if it's overdone. Just really simple editing would reduce the clutter: E.g. "Walking around most of the year wearing nothing but T-shirts" would be much less of a struggle if "wearing" was changed to "in", and "around" to "round". Or "A couple of shots of tequila to set the evening off right" - you could drop "to"; "30 years old but it was time to let off some steam" - you don't need "but" or "some". I know those are just a few tiny examples but if you went through the whole song taking out all the unnecessary words I don't think you'd miss them and it would give the rapper and the music a chance to breathe.

Pete

• Information