eXpanse Hyperwave Synthesizer Community Refill (new version)

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Skullture

14 Nov 2016

Refill is up! 155 patches of pure Expanse Hyperwave glory. Thanks for all the contributors involved for making excellent patches for this refill.

Requirements: Expanse v2.0 (which requires Reason 9.2)

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.reasontalk.com/expanse-hype ... ty-refill/

LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS
- theshoemaker
- riemac
- Noel G. (combinator backdrop)
- Exowildebeest
- Karim Le Mec
- Alex (CVX)
- Skullture
- Pale Male
- Presteign (fieldframe)
- WongoTheSane
Last edited by Skullture on 15 Mar 2017, edited 29 times in total.

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:Hi everyone!

By a popular demand in another topic I started, I'm going to start a topic for everyone wishing to contribute patches for the Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer by Blamsoft. If you don't own this RE yet you can get it here: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

If you've done a couple of patches please upload them in this topic or email them to skullturemusic(at)gmail.com

Requirements: I'd like for your audio outputs to keep out of the red at all times, wheter it's polyphonic or monophonic. When you've finished your batch of patches/combinators, put them in a .zip file. Don't seperate in different folders. The refill will be sorted by patch designer. So make sure to mention your sounddesigner nickname. I will do all normalisation for output volumes at the end of the process if necessary. If you are doing combinators, do not use any devices other than eXpanse and the stock Reason devices.

I will assign a deadline later, depending if enough sounddesigners show up to help out in this project. Until a certain deadline, anyone can sign up, don't be afraid to join. Quality > quantity

Also, if someone like to make a custom icon for the refill let me know. :)
I'm in... need some days to make some noise.. at least one or two [emoji2]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Skullture

17 Nov 2016

lemec wrote: I'm in... need some days to make some noise.. at least one or two [emoji2]

Great! There is really no time pressure right now by the way. Hopefully more people will contribute to this refill :D

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:
lemec wrote: I'm in... need some days to make some noise.. at least one or two [emoji2]

Great! There is really no time pressure right now by the way. Hopefully more people will contribute to this refill :D
I hope too. I'm more a producer than a sound designer .. [emoji2] [emoji11]

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

theshoemaker

18 Nov 2016

I don't own Expanse yet, but have been interested in. Currently I'm working on creating a Parsec ReFill, but could spent some time on exploring Expanse. Do you have a rough estimate of how long you want to run the patch creation?
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Skullture

18 Nov 2016

theshoemaker wrote:I don't own Expanse yet, but have been interested in. Currently I'm working on creating a Parsec ReFill, but could spent some time on exploring Expanse. Do you have a rough estimate of how long you want to run the patch creation?
At this point we have 3 sound designers but I'd like to raise that number. So until we have a decent amount of contributors for a community refill, I'm not going to set a date (just) yet. But please feel free to finish your package :)

theshoemaker

18 Nov 2016

Just downloading eXpanse ... So I'm going to create some patches after figuring I understand how to use it. So 30 days of eXpanse ... won't buy if for sure, because I'm running on a very low budget atm.

theshoemaker

18 Nov 2016

Already love the possibilities of this synth. Can see, why every one is so excited about it. Still some things from the UI I don't like... :P Like selecting the waveforms by dragging around only. Just nitpicking.

plasticfractal

18 Nov 2016

I will definitely be contributing. I have a few drum kits, drum hits, and bass sounds to contribute (and maybe a couple pads).

WongoTheSane

18 Nov 2016

About the "red" part, there is a standard maintained by PH in all their refills and soundbanks (and generally adhered to by other sound designers):

- All mono patches should PEAK at -12dB at full velocity, all ranges
- All poly patches should PEAK at -12dB at full velocity when playing 4 or 5 notes, all ranges.

This is to avoid having to jump on the volume fader when trying several patches, and also, quoting Selig: "While this won't necessarily ensure all patches "sound" the same (loudness), it DOES give a much more consistent level to work with for compressors etc. as well as leaving enough headroom so mixes don't clip. Same goes for audio recording, as per the Reason user guide".

Edit: about the internal folder organization, it could be argued that sorting patches according to their author isn't the most convenient, because when looking for a patch you're not looking for something made by Alice or Bob, you're looking for a pad or a string or a bass. Hence PH's choice to sort according to the type of sound, and append the patchmaker's initials at the end of the patch name, e.g. "80s Double Pad -FP.cmb" (there is systematically a double space before the initials, I don't know if there is a reason for this or not, other than esthetics).

plasticfractal

18 Nov 2016

I'm going to use a naming convention for mine, like "drum-kit-1.redrum", "drum-setup-1.cmb", "drum-hihat-1.repatch", etc.

Skullture

18 Nov 2016

WongoTheSane wrote:- All mono patches should PEAK at -12dB at full velocity, all ranges
- All poly patches should PEAK at -12dB at full velocity when playing 4 or 5 notes, all ranges.
I literally put these instructions in the top post since it's a very accurate requirement.
WongoTheSane wrote:about the internal folder organization, it could be argued that sorting patches according to their author isn't the most convenient, because when looking for a patch you're not looking for something made by Alice or Bob, you're looking for a pad or a string or a bass. Hence PH's choice to sort according to the type of sound, and append the patchmaker's initials at the end of the patch name, e.g. "80s Double Pad -FP.cmb" (there is systematically a double space before the initials, I don't know if there is a reason for this or not, other than esthetics).
I looked through a couple of older community refills and most of the time I came across a sort by author. This is also a good to give credit to the contributers (due the voluntary nature of these refills).

WongoTheSane

18 Nov 2016

Skullture wrote:I looked through a couple of older community refills and most of the time I came across a sort by author. This is also a good to give credit to the contributers (due the voluntary nature of these refills).
Yes, I've seen both too. I like plasticfractal's suggestion as well.

Troyvasanth

20 Nov 2016

Hi,
I just recently made a free refill for Expanse and shared it here with the community.
I would be more than happy to be a part of this.
How do I go about it??

alex

20 Nov 2016

Me too!!! I'll try to collect all my eXpanse patches and make them available for this community refill! :)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

Skullture

20 Nov 2016

Troyvasanth wrote:Hi,
I just recently made a free refill for Expanse and shared it here with the community.
I would be more than happy to be a part of this.
How do I go about it??
Really cool, send your selection to skullturemusic(at)gmail.com :puf_bigsmile:

Skullture

20 Nov 2016

alex wrote:Me too!!! I'll try to collect all my eXpanse patches and make them available for this community refill! :)
Great! ;) finally were getting a squad together

Exowildebeest

20 Nov 2016

I'll contribute too :)

Skullture

20 Nov 2016

If you are making patches, make sure to check the intro post on how to name them. Let's carry on the tradition of the previous community refills by doing it in the same fashion.

@Exowildebeest yes fantastic :)

fieldframe
RE Developer

20 Nov 2016

I'm in. Right now I only have a couple of patches that I think would be worth sharing, but I intend to have more by the time submissions close!

Skullture

22 Nov 2016

I'm hoping to gather around +/- 15 contributors. Once we've reached this number I will put in a deadline for patch development :puf_bigsmile:

CR68

22 Nov 2016

hi!

i have no time am for creating some patches for expanse but i can help with webspace if needed :-)

just let me know.

cheers

Skullture

27 Nov 2016

Bumping this topic for fresh owners of Expanse :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

plasticpulse

01 Dec 2016

I'm putting mine together now.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 Dec 2016

Here is Reasonistas' Combinator Backdrop for Blamsoft eXpanse synth if anyone wants to use if for this community refill.

Download here: https://goo.gl/424Vcc
ImageImageImage

• Information