Sonic Reality Refills for $5

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
kitekrazy

05 May 2016

https://www.esoundz.com/landingpages/reasonrefills.php

Anyone have any of them? Which ones are good?

tibah

05 May 2016

I don't know why, but I have this fuzzy feeling that $5 is exactly the price these ReFills are worth nowadays.

Yonatan

05 May 2016

What about Alan Parsons Imperial Grand? What level is that?

https://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=5248

WongoTheSane

05 May 2016

I have them all (bought them in a mega-bundle thing), and I love them (except the hip-hop ones because I'm not into that, so I can't comment). Tibah is right in that you won't find "modern" sounds, but there are lots and lots of very usable general use patches, like pads, atmosphere, leads, etc. Then there is the Miroslav bundle, which is absolutely brillant if you're into classical/soundtrack, both for strings and brass (two orders of magnitude above Orkester IMHO, and at least as good as Zampled Euphonics Strings; I haven't tried Embouchure nor Chambre though so I can't compare). I'd say about 1/4th of my Favorites patches come from those SR refills.

Be aware though that you can probably have them for cheaper if you wait, I bought the whole collection (Miroslav + Ultra Refill Gold + SR 4 Gold (vol 1-20)) for 177$ (59$ per bundle).

kitekrazy

05 May 2016

I was only interested in hearing about the Sonic Reality refills. I have Miroslav, Euphoric, Chambre, ect.

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 May 2016

Well given there are 20 volumes to the Sonic Reality series, that means $100 for the set.

The value this offers all depends on what you are able to make of it. It might offer nothing to one and everything to another. Sure does help to have options though.

One thought that comes to mind though, everyone is looking for gold but if you learn to refine coal you'll run rings around the gold mines!

Spryx

05 May 2016

The Sonic Reality refills I have are outstanding....probably some of the best samples I have ever heard. I think it is worth it...but YMMV of course.

I use the "Instruments of 60s, 70s..." refill a lot.
latest:

yeahright31

05 May 2016

I had a mate who copied me some free refills on to my usb and he accidentally gave me his Sonic Reality Gold Refill.
Back then I was using Reason 4 and I remember giving it a go and I didn't like it. But I was a a complete Noob and very narrow minded and even up myself thinking I was going to be famous and shit after 2 years. Haha. I was out of touch with reality and been around some of my great mates who do Go hard in Reason they made it look easy and they helped me so much I even took them for granted.

While i'm a bit more humble & older now, I feel I just wanna collaborate more and that's why I upgraded to Reason 8, but then I download some shizzle and I'm think I'm not at that level where i'm comfortable in doing this yet.

joeyluck

05 May 2016

I only own Miroslav and the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand and they are top notch must-haves. Very well done ReFills.
I haven't explored the $5 bin...

Mauricio Duarte

06 May 2016

Thanks for the advice

kitekrazy

06 May 2016

Spryx wrote:The Sonic Reality refills I have are outstanding....probably some of the best samples I have ever heard. I think it is worth it...but YMMV of course.

I bought that one. Once I get more familiar with combinators I'm going to start making my own.

kitekrazy

07 May 2016

Spryx wrote:The Sonic Reality refills I have are outstanding....probably some of the best samples I have ever heard. I think it is worth it...but YMMV of course.

This one is very good. Thanks for the recommendation.

moneykube

08 May 2016

yeahright31 wrote:I had a mate who copied me some free refills on to my usb and he accidentally gave me his Sonic Reality Gold Refill.
Back then I was using Reason 4 and I remember giving it a go and I didn't like it. But I was a a complete Noob and very narrow minded and even up myself thinking I was going to be famous and shit after 2 years. Haha. I was out of touch with reality and been around some of my great mates who do Go hard in Reason they made it look easy and they helped me so much I even took them for granted.

While i'm a bit more humble & older now, I feel I just wanna collaborate more and that's why I upgraded to Reason 8, but then I download some shizzle and I'm think I'm not at that level where i'm comfortable in doing this yet.
you are always at a level where collaboration can be a good thing :thumbup:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information