E-MU Refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
yeahright31

16 May 2016

A couple of years ago I bought this massive 6 Gig E-MU refill off Ebay and it basically some guy had multi-sampled every EMU Rack he owed and he had it all aye. The refill it's got so many sounds. I remember a mate owned a E-MU Command station back in the day and I was strongly considering buying one, another buddy tried to sell me a EMU emu Proteus 2000 Rack back when I was broke and he showed me what it was capable of, the thing was I know he is a top keyboard player and I was telling myself I'd probably not give the rack the love it deserved even if I could buy it.

I checked out this refill again late last night and watched some E-MU Mophat videos to hype myself up and see what my refill is capable of and man when I get some more free time this weekend I know for sure it's time to explore this refill.

Rene Disco

17 May 2016

Show us some of those sounds. I'm sure there's a lot of cool 80s and 90s house sounds.

yeahright31

17 May 2016

There is some real retro 90's techno sounds, some organs, some hip-hop sounds, loads of one shot drums.
Some ethnic & oriental instruments.

mreese80

17 May 2016

I have a few E-MU refills. I also took the samples from my kontakt E_MU Proteus Pack and made a refill.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Dante

17 May 2016

You can get em all here (original waveforms - not resampled) :

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/rea ... l_products

yeahright31

18 May 2016

Dante wrote:You can get em all here (original waveforms - not resampled) :

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/rea ... l_products

Thanks for that link buddy - I'm sure what I bought now is the proteus pack for $60 off ebay about 2 years ago.

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/e-mu-proteus-pack

yeahright31

18 May 2016

I wanna buy the Ensoniq samples in Soundfont format now, they sound fabulous.

https://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/ensoniq-asr

Stranger.

18 May 2016

ΣΣΣ
Last edited by Stranger. on 03 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

dustmoses

31 May 2016

I got digital sound factory mo phatt on sale, great refill

yeahright31

01 Jun 2016

dustmoses wrote:I got digital sound factory mo phatt on sale, great refill

I've started checking out the Mo Phat refill last night, great drums in this refill
made a few drum beats out of the kits & looking forward to putting them to good use.
loving the drum hits and listened to a few sounds although there's more fun to be had with more free time.

Lizard

02 Jun 2016

I would love to see Digital Sound Factory take those samples and soundfonts and make an Re or IDT Re out of them. I am sure they could get very close to the functionality of the original units. I own them all myself. I absolutely love the Planet Earth module. It is one of the best collection of ethnic instruments I've used.

decibel

02 Jun 2016

Lizard wrote:I would love to see Digital Sound Factory take those samples and soundfonts and make an Re or IDT Re out of them.
my exact thoughts when watching the demo vid ;)

yeahright31

02 Jun 2016

The thing is I would rather they be a refills, reason been that refills and soundfonts offer more sounds -the RE
format can be taxing on the DSP.

Plus I find you can tweak and tailor the sound with them more in NNXT when they are a refill.
I don't hate RE Format, there are times I regret that I didn't build the super powerful PC.
Oh well with the way tings are going I probably will end up going down this road in 1 or 2 years, well maybe.
I've set myself up in a way I sorta have to stick with Mac.

harris.lee7777

19 Jun 2016

I use to have that same complete E-MU sound module collection as a refill. I paid 20.00 on Ebay for it. Anyway, I recently erased it by mistake when I was updating my computer. Now I cannot find this refill on the internet anywhere. So I was wondering if I could PLEASE buy a copy from you. PLEASE email me at harris.lee7777@gmail.com........Thanks!

Theo.M

19 Jun 2016

digital sound factory still sell them all to this day, and bought the rights to all the ones that also used to be on sale at emu.com.

I lost mine too, and he gave me new links when i provided my email and rough purchase date.

www.digitalsoundfactory.com

Cheers

• Information