All these refills

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
yeahright31

11 Feb 2016

I have been a fan of Reason since version 4, now run Reason 8.3 and over the years I have bought a load of Refills
I'm not sure why I even bothered getting excited over RE Format. Most of them are rather small in size and while they are cool I have a question to ask-

If you had all these refills, would you be sad that your RE don't work, because you upgraded to El Capitan on your Mac and haven't found a solution to get the RE to work?

Before you start tripping, I'm a long term Reason user and have produced 4 Albums, working on the 5th Album.
Work hard in a fulltime 9-5 I - buy my Software and Refills and I won't quit been a Reason user ever. Haha
Also made bit of money and had my latest tunes played on Radio.

Refills here goes :

Soundcells – GreenHouse
Sound Cells – Digital Genome
Pink Noise Studios –Lemon
Pink Noise Studios –Orange
Filter Research 1-4
Tom Pitchard Thor Kit 1/ Thor kit 2
New Atlantis Audio – Glas
Forest Frame Drums
New Atlantis Audio -Grainframe 2
New Atlantis Audio –Floe
Jiggery Pokery Elements 2
New Atlantis Audio –Polar Elements
Nucleus Soundlab -Pantheon 2
Nucleus Soundlab -Guitar Scapes
Nucleus Soundlab -Recombination
Nucleus Soundlab -Nano Sequences
Nucleus Soundlab - Olympus Soundiron
New Atlantis Audio- Project Echo
New Atlantis Audio – Physical Therapy 1 /2
New Atlantis Audio – Krush
New Atlantis Audio – Lost & Found New York City Nightscapes
Pink Noise Studios –Analogue Monsters V3
Pink Noise Studios- Revolver
Pink Noise Studios-Matrix
Bitley- Fairlight Refill
Korg Triton Refill
Roland Fantom Refill
Korg Trinity Refill
Access Virus TI refill
Novation MiniNova Refill

tronam

11 Feb 2016

yeahright31 wrote:I have been a fan of Reason since version 4, now run Reason 8.3 and over the years I have bought a load of Refills
I'm not sure why I even bothered getting excited over RE Format. Most of them are rather small in size and while they are cool I have a question to ask-

If you had all these refills, would you be sad that your RE don't work, because you upgraded to El Capitan on your Mac and haven't found a solution to get the RE to work?

Before you start tripping, I'm a long term Reason user and have produced 4 Albums, working on the 5th Album.
Work hard in a fulltime 9-5 I - buy my Software and Refills and I won't quit been a Reason user ever. Haha
Also made bit of money and had my latest tunes played on Radio.

Refills here goes :

Soundcells – GreenHouse
Sound Cells – Digital Genome
Pink Noise Studios –Lemon
Pink Noise Studios –Orange
Filter Research 1-4
Tom Pitchard Thor Kit 1/ Thor kit 2
New Atlantis Audio – Glas
Forest Frame Drums
New Atlantis Audio -Grainframe 2
New Atlantis Audio –Floe
Jiggery Pokery Elements 2
New Atlantis Audio –Polar Elements
Nucleus Soundlab -Pantheon 2
Nucleus Soundlab -Guitar Scapes
Nucleus Soundlab -Recombination
Nucleus Soundlab -Nano Sequences
Nucleus Soundlab - Olympus Soundiron
New Atlantis Audio- Project Echo
New Atlantis Audio – Physical Therapy 1 /2
New Atlantis Audio – Krush
New Atlantis Audio – Lost & Found New York City Nightscapes
Pink Noise Studios-Matrix
Bitley- Fairlight Refill
Korg Triton Refill
Roland Fantom Refill
Korg Trinity Refill
Access Virus TI refill
Novation MiniNova Refill
For sound sources, no, I probably wouldn't be too sad. Between Thor, Malstrom, Subtractor and Refills the potential is pretty boundless (although I would miss Antidote). It's really the effects I've invested in the most when it comes to rack extensions and I love the huge variety of compressors, reverbs, EQs and modulation/distortion/bitcrushing/pitch shifting/insert-various-other-random-effects-or-utility available to us now. I'd miss those the most. I'm running El Capitan as well. Surely a solution can be found to get your REs working again. It's likely an Authorizer issue. What's been tried so far?
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

The_G

11 Feb 2016

Are you sure it's a compatibility with El Capitan issue?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

mguh22

11 Feb 2016

Never heard of Rack Extensions not working because of El Capitan! Have you spoken to Props support? They've always been super helpful with me in the past...

Loque

11 Feb 2016

I had some weird issues with encryption or user rights for some refills. Especially when copied on external drives and upgraded OS. But this was on Windows. Maybe Apple has some similar problems.
Reason12, Win10

yeahright31

18 Feb 2016

I've spoken with support and while they have always been helpful, 8 emails later i'm unsure they can even help anymore.

What's been tried so far:

* I've even deleted the Authorizer key app and installed the latest Authorizer,
* Tried the un-installing codemeter and downloaded the latest codemeter and ran that.
* Deleted Reason 8 and downloaded and installed it again, deleted all RE and re-downloaded them all.

I know my computer and keys are authorized, what support sees, is not what I see on my side.

When I log onto my Propellaheads Profile

I go to Products - computer and keys are authorized
However - The Ignition key not found.

Whenever I start Reason 8- There is no log in screen- a box appears and says Rack Extensions are missing.
I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile just buying a new Ignition key usb and giving that a go.

yeahright31

18 Feb 2016

Another thing to mention if go to Products -Rack Extensions tap - then press that SYNC ALL ) The following happens
It's like it half refreshes the webpage and then nothing happens. But I know - The Ignition key not found may very well be a reason why. Yet support are not seeing this The Ignition key not found message, i'm clueless what to do.

snowcattt

18 Feb 2016

Go to this thread and see if the issue helps you......with my LIMITED knowledge, and this thread's help, I got mine working (no involvement with El Capitan or Mac)

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... ls#p245442

especially:
Re: Reason fails loading Rack Extensions
Postby MassiveSoundStudios » 08 Feb 2016
I'm not sure if this will solve your issue or not, but I had a similar issue after deleting some cache files. Now, I'm using a Mac, but the following might work for you too.

Please use this method at your own risk!

In your rack extension folder on your system, you should see 2 .cache files that end in a license code (alpha numeric). Try temporarily moving these 2 files to your desktop (just incase this doesn't work and you need to move them back).

If you have deleted your REs from your RE folder, redownload them. If you still have all your REs in your RE folder, then try skiping the redownload step and then go to your RE account on the Props site, and click on 'Manage License' at the top right of your RE list. This should initiate the launch of the authorizer app and start to write your master license to either your CPU/usb key/balance. Once the license writing had been complete (100% at the bottom of the auth app), you can then check your RE folder and 2 new .cache files should have been created. Hopefully these 2 new .cache files will fix the broken RE issues.

If this works, you can then temporarily move the old .cache files to your trash. Launch Reason again. Does all still work as expected? If yes, then you can empty your trash.

From my experience, the issue was not with the REs, it was with the .cache license files.

I really hope this helps.
Invent the life you want to live.

bitley

18 Feb 2016

Welcome updating your Fairlight refill. Still only available from my site. :-)

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net

yeahright31

18 Feb 2016

Thanks everyone, I'll have to try that suggestion you offered Snowcattt, with the 2 cache files. Got the weekend almost here, so I'm going to persist at trying to solve this still. However I been having a break from Reason, after all the frustration, i've powered up my hardware and running through a loop machine and even video recording my jams. I've kept away from my home computer this week, so far and I've made more music video recording my jams.

Having said all this, there's nothing wrong with using Refills at all, in fact not been able to open my RE yet, has made me enjoy my hardware and refills more then ever. Got enough hardware and many refills to keep me happy and get my music done.

yeahright31

18 Feb 2016

Loque- Yes I have experience troubles only with Nucleus Soundlab -Guitar Scapes refill- at times It says to insert the cd rom, however I brought this as a download on the Nucleus Soundlab website. Sometimes this refill works other times it don't wanna.

yeahright31

09 Mar 2016

Now have Rack extensions working again.

It was never clear instruction as to what to do to fix the issue, a few files to download and confusing instructions offered.
Anyway I got there in the end, feel like I should of had a champagne shower after working it out, you know like those ones the winner of the race cars comps get. Haha

yeahright31

06 May 2016

Favorite 2 refills lately

Nucleus Soundlab -Guitar Scapes - ( This refill I bought on a Christmas special and used it once and then never fired it up again until 2 years later
Now my mind is blown at how awesome this refill is.

New Atlantis Audio -Grainframe 2 - Interesting to get textures happening (created a few beats with it lately)

From time to time I forget that I have- (Then I get excited) Haha

Bitley- Fairlight Refill

• Information