Phaser-DDL Rack Extension released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
veezay
RE Developer

22 Nov 2023

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... haser-ddl/

Phaser-DDL is finally available as a Rack Extension! The world's first accurate software emulation of the classic and unique sounding Ensoniq DP/4 phaser that has always been an indispensable part of that delicious French house vibe.

21 EUR / 19 USD / 19 GBP / 26 CAD

Phaser-DDL_front_1508x276.png
Phaser-DDL_front_1508x276.png (424.63 KiB) Viewed 11872 times
Phaser-DDL_rear_1508x276.png
Phaser-DDL_rear_1508x276.png (365.25 KiB) Viewed 11872 times

dioxide

22 Nov 2023

Blimey. Nice work. Will demo now.

dioxide

22 Nov 2023

Bought.

veezay
RE Developer

22 Nov 2023

dioxide wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Bought.
Awesome, thanks! That didn't take long.

Loque

22 Nov 2023

Looks nice. Always interested in Phasers and similar stuff. Hopefully it has a LFO rate starting from 0Hz 😏

I am not sure there are many Phasers with syncable LFOs. No idea why...

Holy sh!t... Guess this is one of the rare devices I don't ask for more CV control... Maybe just for the phase offset 😀
Reason12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

22 Nov 2023

Good device!) Always dream to try hardware DP4, but cant find where to touch it up to this days.

Loque, yes this is strange from one side (phasers not include LFO sync), and this is why years ago, before Reason Sweeper, we create our PHASE28 for Syncable Rate, that was really must have for phasers in studio.

Historically, most known and used up to those days is MXR Phase and EHX Small Stone pedals. This is just a pedals, without syncable control, because this is just a live guitar gear.

For studio work, Rate sync is what needed, because non-stable start-point of LFO is a problem (each time new position for start at project with the actual tempo). For studio needs, usually using syncable LFO phasers. Just reopen project, press start stop, and have stable final result of phaser sweeps.
Good that RS present later Sweeper with this possibilities. This is crazy thing to make digital phaser today without sync for DAW.

challism

23 Nov 2023

Congrats on the release. This is an amazing sounding phaser. So nice to have it in my rack. Everybody should give it a try at the very least. I have a feeling that most of you will like this device.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

23 Nov 2023

Yay!! Happy to finally see this in the rack! I can't believe it's been a year since the VST was released. Time is flying by.

The VST was well received in other forums when compared to the original hardware. It definitely sounds great. Gotta make some Daft Punk sounding tracks now :)

dioxide

23 Nov 2023

veezay wrote:
22 Nov 2023
dioxide wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Bought.
Awesome, thanks! That didn't take long.
I have just the track that needs this and it sounds much, much better than what I was using before. Plus it's always good to see high quality emulations in RE format. The cycle accurate thing is a big plus as opposed to the many 'inspired by' style VSTs and REs that are out there.

luckygreen

23 Nov 2023

I had an Ensoniq DP/4 back in the days. Sold it for cheap. Congrats on the release of Phaser-DDL. It even is 2U as a DP/4 and has those cheesy attachments on the left and right. (What's the word?)
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

veezay
RE Developer

23 Nov 2023

Thanks everyone!
joeyluck wrote:
23 Nov 2023
Gotta make some Daft Punk sounding tracks now :)
You better! :thumbup:
dioxide wrote:
23 Nov 2023
I have just the track that needs this and it sounds much, much better than what I was using before.
Excellent, would love to hear it once it's finished.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2023

Congrats on the release. I’m not looking to buy anything new at the moment, but I’ll put this one in my ”stuff to check out later” list.
The demos sounded good.

geronimo

23 Nov 2023

Couldn't we have individual Bypass switches dedicated to each effect (Phaser & Delay) ?

PhillipOrdonez

23 Nov 2023

This was made for Quarmat.

veezay
RE Developer

13 Dec 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Nov 2023
Congrats on the release. I’m not looking to buy anything new at the moment, but I’ll put this one in my ”stuff to check out later” list.
The demos sounded good.
Thanks!
geronimo wrote:
23 Nov 2023
Couldn't we have individual Bypass switches dedicated to each effect (Phaser & Delay) ?
It's tricky to separate the two effects to be controlled with individual bypass toggles since the device runs an emulation of the original effect algorithm code, but you can basically disable the phaser if you set Width, Feedback and Notch Depth to 0.

• Information