Chord Sequencer Idea

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Creativemind

23 Apr 2023

Hi All!

Just thought of a good addition (you might say essential) to the Chord Sequencer Player. The ability to add a human element (in terms of time and velocity) to the chords.

My idea would be to layer out your chords in the player and then somehow assign each chord to a separate midi controller key (or is this already do-able?) and then click record in the sequencer and you could hit one key say starting with chord 1 on C1 and then chord 2 on C2 for instance but then the chords wouid play in with as much feeling as liked.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

crimsonwarlock

23 Apr 2023

Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2023
My idea would be to layer out your chords in the player and then somehow assign each chord to a separate midi controller key (or is this already do-able?) and then click record in the sequencer and you could hit one key say starting with chord 1 on C1 and then chord 2 on C2 for instance but then the chords wouid play in with as much feeling as liked.
You can already play the chords and record that in the main sequencer. You don't need to use the chord track inside the player.

You can also put Enlightenspeed's Note Alter player after Cord Sequencer to humanize individual notes, or simply write the chords to the main sequencer and use the humanize functions in the main sequencer.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Creativemind

23 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2023
You can already play the chords and record that in the main sequencer. You don't need to use the chord track inside the player.

You can also put Enlightenspeed's Note Alter player after Cord Sequencer to humanize individual notes, or simply write the chords to the main sequencer and use the humanize functions in the main sequencer.
So you're saying using Chord Sequencer Player, you can already play say 4 chords you've previously selected into the sequencer in real time using your midi controller on 1 individual key each?

huggermugger

23 Apr 2023

Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Hi All!

Thanks!
Already doable. You can trigger the chords from a MIDI keyboard and create any pattern you like with all the loose timing you want, and of course you can record this into Reason. I haven't used the built in sequencer in CS even once since I bought it. MIDI keyboard control is so much more flexible and easier. Another advantage is gate times and velocities are controlled by you in realtime.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 12.11.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 12.11.10 PM.png (226.08 KiB) Viewed 7559 times

Creativemind

23 Apr 2023

huggermugger wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Hi All!

Thanks!
Already doable. You can trigger the chords from a MIDI keyboard and create any pattern you like with all the loose timing you want, and of course you can record this into Reason. I haven't used the built in sequencer in CS even once since I bought it. MIDI keyboard control is so much more flexible and easier. Another advantage is gate times and velocities are controlled by you in realtime.
Ahh brilliant. Very tempted buy it.

Can anyone confirm that that works in the RRP too?

huggermugger

23 Apr 2023

Works beautifully with the RRP in Logic.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 1.55.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 1.55.40 PM.png (454.31 KiB) Viewed 7523 times

crimsonwarlock

23 Apr 2023

Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2023
So you're saying using Chord Sequencer Player, you can already play say 4 chords you've previously selected into the sequencer in real time using your midi controller on 1 individual key each?
That was indeed what I said :thumbup:

Basically, almost every chord oriented player will map incoming MIDI-keys to the selected/created chords.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Creativemind

24 Apr 2023

huggermugger wrote:
23 Apr 2023
No I know the Player works in the RRP but does the playing different chords on one key aspect like huggermugger's pic shown above depicts?

Creativemind

24 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
23 Apr 2023
Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2023
That was indeed what I said :thumbup:

Basically, almost every chord oriented player will map incoming MIDI-keys to the selected/created chords.
:thumbs_up:

huggermugger

24 Apr 2023

Creativemind wrote:
24 Apr 2023
huggermugger wrote:
23 Apr 2023
No I know the Player works in the RRP but does the playing different chords on one key aspect like huggermugger's pic shown above depicts?
Yes, each note you see in the clip triggers a different chord. It behaves the same as it would in Reason. (i am Huggermugger)

Creativemind

15 Jun 2023

huggermugger wrote:
24 Apr 2023
Creativemind wrote:
24 Apr 2023

Yes, each note you see in the clip triggers a different chord. It behaves the same as it would in Reason. (i am Huggermugger)
Fantastic. Definitely gonna buy Chord Sequencer if there's a sale on at some point. I do have Scaler 2 though which can also do all of the above.

dvdrtldg

16 Jun 2023

Creativemind wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Fantastic. Definitely gonna buy Chord Sequencer if there's a sale on at some point. I do have Scaler 2 though which can also do all of the above.
You probably know (but just in case you don't) that Chord Sequencer is currently part of a bundle deal with Drum Sequencer and Bassline Generator. I already have Drum Sequencer but I'm considering it anyway because the price is still good, it ends June 19 https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... rs-bundle/

I also have Scaler 2 and in most respects it blows CS out of the water, but the major downside is that it doesn't work seamlessly in the Reason environment like CS does. I can't quite decide whether to spend the $$$ or not

• Information