Reason Drum Kits panning question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Pete B

21 Apr 2023

In the Reason Drum Kits rack extension, using "The Blue Note" patch, I find that when I solo "room", the snare is on the left, but when I solo "overhead", the snare is in the centre. The only way I can see to get the room snare to the centre is to change its width setting to mono, though I had wanted to automate the width setting to increase it on choruses.

I've noticed this anomaly in other patches, too. Any ideas how to fix it?

By the way, on the main mixer I have the drums width automated to increase in sync with the width settings on the RDK rack extension and panned to the centre.

Thank you,

Pete

crimsonwarlock

21 Apr 2023

I'm currently working on a track that uses Reason Drum Kits. I'm running into all kinds of mixing issues because of the limited routing possibilities. I've already been considering building my own acoustic kits with Kong because I do have several good sample sets, but that is a serious project on its own.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Pete B

22 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
21 Apr 2023
I'm currently working on a track that uses Reason Drum Kits. I'm running into all kinds of mixing issues because of the limited routing possibilities. I've already been considering building my own acoustic kits with Kong because I do have several good sample sets, but that is a serious project on its own.
Yeah, that 'serious project' is what I was hopeful of avoiding when I first got RDK. Good luck with your building!

pushedbutton

22 Apr 2023

I have Reason Drum Kit from when it was combinators and it does seem a lot more flexible once you get under the hood.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information