Maymadness & RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ulpu

22 Apr 2020

Do I remember correctly that Maymadness was Propellerheads’s thing? Did the Maymadness offer RE on sale or Reason upgrades or on what it was mostly focused? ...if there ever even was Maymadness :roll:

challism

22 Apr 2020

Yeah, May Madness has been a Prop (now RS) thing for many years. I remember last year's deals being somewhat underwhelming, especially from Props. Seems like much better deals were offered in years past. I'm curious to see what will be on offer this year.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

FLVZ

22 Apr 2020

With BF & MM both in the same year each year I imagine it is more difficult to sell REs at full price for most Devs particularly those who've been in the shop a while as their original pricing strategy would not have been set up with these kinds of routine mass price slashings in mind? I find that generally most devices in the shop would probably cost more if they were VSTs anyway but because we're in a closed system they kind of need to conform to the spending power of the closed market.

Ulpu

27 Apr 2020

Soon we will find out if there will be MayMadness this year & what they will offer.

I think it would be very nice since many of us are more or less isolated at our homes. So there are time to play with instruments:)

Ulpu

01 May 2020

No signs of MM yet...
Maybe later this month :shifty: :shifty:

antic604

01 May 2020

Ulpu wrote:
01 May 2020
No signs of MM yet...
Selig would disagree: -50% until 31st May

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... oloringeq/
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

antic604 wrote:
01 May 2020
Ulpu wrote:
01 May 2020
No signs of MM yet...

Ahead of his time.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

01 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2020
antic604 wrote:
01 May 2020

Ahead of his time.
Agree. Also in terms of sales :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

motuscott

01 May 2020

May Onaise.

Also Selig rocks. But you knew that.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Yonatan

01 May 2020

Maybe the official May Madness launches 5/11, with the R11 point update with support for AAX. Wondering if there will be any additional adds except a few bug fixes...

Abstrax

01 May 2020

the only thing i'd snatch up is a deal on the reason 11 suite upgrade, but i doubt that would ever happen. i'm not sure they have ever had discounted upgrade prices

phobic

01 May 2020

Abstrax wrote:
01 May 2020
the only thing i'd snatch up is a deal on the reason 11 suite upgrade, but i doubt that would ever happen. i'm not sure they have ever had discounted upgrade prices
Not on Reason Suite as it has not been out long enough in the sale cycle, but the Reason upgrade has been reduced to $99 a number of times in the past as have the Rigs. So if 'May Madness' does happen then you never know...

Abstrax

01 May 2020

phobic wrote:
01 May 2020
Abstrax wrote:
01 May 2020
Not on Reason Suite as it has not been out long enough in the sale cycle, but the Reason upgrade has been reduced to $99 a number of times in the past as have the Rigs. So if 'May Madness' does happen then you never know...
fingers crossed. hoping for the best.

i should probably be saving my money for food and rent anyway lol

sdst
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

I don't really need more plugin, but I was waiting for the Maymadness to see if something surprised me

madmacman

02 May 2020

I must confess: Even though I'm on Studio One, I bought Selig's DeEsser yesterday. :lol:

I was mixing a Podcast Jingle with some Voiceover. But unfortunately this time not recorded with a decent Mic, but with a Smartphone (Corona and whatnot) and sent as compressed lossy audio. I spent hours with a dynamic EQ, but I haven't been able to get it into an acceptable form, and I didn't want to spend lots of $$$ for a dedicated VST. So I remembered there was "DeEsser" for Reason. Trialled it, worked wonders within minutes. Some additional GQ7 - job done. And with 50% sale it was a no-brainer to buy as a "Thank You", even if I don't use it on a regular basis. :thumbs_up:

selig
RE Developer

02 May 2020

antic604 wrote:
01 May 2020
Ulpu wrote:
01 May 2020
No signs of MM yet...

I decided to live up to the name of "MAY" madness and have the Selig Audio sale run for the entire month this time around so no one missed out on the sale that was interested in it. I've fallen behind in getting the word out 9May 1st snuck up on me!) as well as putting together a short tutorial video for ColoringEQ because I'm in the middle of prepping for the big move from NYC to the hills of Connecticut (where I'll finally be able to set up a decent studio I've been dreaming about since leaving Utah a few years back).
Happy May Madness!!! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ulpu

02 May 2020

Yonatan wrote:
01 May 2020
Maybe the official May Madness launches 5/11, with the R11 point update with support for AAX. Wondering if there will be any additional adds except a few bug fixes...
According to the answer here on reasontalk, there will be only the AAX in that update. But maybe the official May Madness will start then anyway :D

Ulpu

02 May 2020

selig wrote:
02 May 2020
antic604 wrote:
01 May 2020

I decided to live up to the name of "MAY" madness and have the Selig Audio sale run for the entire month this time around so no one missed out on the sale that was interested in it. I've fallen behind in getting the word out 9May 1st snuck up on me!) as well as putting together a short tutorial video for ColoringEQ because I'm in the middle of prepping for the big move from NYC to the hills of Connecticut (where I'll finally be able to set up a decent studio I've been dreaming about since leaving Utah a few years back).
Great! That is a real May Madness spirit :mrgreen:

Is your stuff already packed for the move? We moved to our new home in end of last year - and the distance was only couple of kilometers it was STILL stressful :D

selig
RE Developer

02 May 2020

Ulpu wrote:
02 May 2020
selig wrote:
02 May 2020

Great! That is a real May Madness spirit :mrgreen:

Is your stuff already packed for the move? We moved to our new home in end of last year - and the distance was only couple of kilometers it was STILL stressful :D
Starting to pack today but the big move isn't for another week. Will pack up instruments etc this week but leave the computer as long as possible. Then I have another 30-60 days before the studio build will be complete, so I'll probably be setup in the new house's dining room area for a while…
Selig Audio, LLC

Ulpu

02 May 2020

selig wrote:
02 May 2020
Ulpu wrote:
02 May 2020
Starting to pack today but the big move isn't for another week. Will pack up instruments etc this week but leave the computer as long as possible. Then I have another 30-60 days before the studio build will be complete, so I'll probably be setup in the new house's dining room area for a while…
Yeah, computer is always the last one standing :D
Good luck with the move (moving truck emoji here)!

• Information