Oberon Update Error !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Majestik Monkey

24 Jun 2019

Oberon Update has a Repeating problem ! New Patches :!: :!: :!: :!:
Attachments
Oberon New Patch CCPoly.png
Oberon New Patch CCPoly.png (269.99 KiB) Viewed 2406 times

Majestik Monkey

24 Jun 2019

Ps ' Video can be supplied if required / Zvork !?

Loque

24 Jun 2019

Which Reason version do you have? It works fine here.
Reason12, Win10

Majestik Monkey

24 Jun 2019

Loque ..... I am on Windows 7 Pro / Reason 9.5

Loque

24 Jun 2019

Majestik Monkey wrote:
24 Jun 2019
Reason 9.5 might be the problem. Maybe some other guys can confirm this. It works fine on Reason 10.
Reason12, Win10

retreed
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
24 Jun 2019
Majestik Monkey wrote:
24 Jun 2019
Reason 9.5 might be the problem. Maybe some other guys can confirm this. It works fine on Reason 10.

There appears to be a bug related to sample rates as mentioned by zvork in the Oberon thread, so maybe the source of the problem is the same:
viewtopic.php?p=452472#p452472

(or this is another issue)

zvork

25 Jun 2019

retreed wrote:
24 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
24 Jun 2019

There appears to be a bug related to sample rates as mentioned by zvork in the Oberon thread, so maybe the source of the problem is the same:

This is another issue unfortunately... based on the fact that the Reason Factory Sound Bank has changed between Reason 9.5 and Reason 10 with probably new samples. Will have to fix this but it is indeed interesting to know if this happens only on Reason 9.5.
As for the sample rate bug, it is really an issue if you change your sampling rate settings after creating the rack extension. A fix is on the way.

zvork

25 Jun 2019

Majestik Monkey wrote:
24 Jun 2019
By repeating problem, do you mean this happens on all the new patches or only on this particular CCPoly patch?

Auryn

25 Jun 2019

seems like a missing file problem, so it's unlikely to affect the other patches (unless you used the same samples). Works fine here too (reason 10), might be that you used samples that are new to reason 10?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

zvork

25 Jun 2019

Auryn wrote:
25 Jun 2019
seems like a missing file problem, so it's unlikely to affect the other patches (unless you used the same samples). Works fine here too (reason 10), might be that you used samples that are new to reason 10?
Yes indeed. There is a new "Wavetable" folder in the Reason 10 soundbank that isn't in the Reason 9 one and that this patch is using. The next update will have the patch renamed to "CCPoly (Reason 10)".

scratchnsnifff

25 Jun 2019

zvork wrote:
25 Jun 2019
retreed wrote:
24 Jun 2019

This is another issue unfortunately... based on the fact that the Reason Factory Sound Bank has changed between Reason 9.5 and Reason 10 with probably new samples. Will have to fix this but it is indeed interesting to know if this happens only on Reason 9.5.
As for the sample rate bug, it is really an issue if you change your sampling rate settings after creating the rack extension. A fix is on the way.
Am I the only one who thinks it’s bad practice to delete previously owned factory soundbank samples?

Why would one do this without at least a link to some cloud of sorts. I feel like Reason should give you a pop up message with a direct link or something. I believe it does this with Rex files. But factory samples is a little bit different because you might have to launch an older version of Reason

Previous stuff should have a window somewhere where you can download single samples for patches, you would think as a developer of a rack extension you could count on the samples staying there lol

That struck me as a weird thing when I thought about it
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

25 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Jun 2019
Am I the only one who thinks it’s bad practice to delete previously owned factory soundbank samples?
Who said, they removed old samples?
Reason12, Win10

theshoemaker

25 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Jun 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Jun 2019
Who said, they removed old samples?
Like Loque already said ...

and
zvork wrote: There is a new "Wavetable" folder in the Reason 10 soundbank
it is the other way round as you described. Reason 10 has additional content, that was created as part of the Reason 10 release. Oberon uses an SDK that is compatible with Reason 9.5 Otherwise you couldn't use it ;)

in this new update of Oberon zvork created a new patch which uses samples, NEW in Reason 10. And because you are lucky and don't have to update to reason 10 you can also use Oberon on Reason 9.5.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Majestik Monkey

26 Jun 2019

zvork wrote:
25 Jun 2019
Majestik Monkey wrote:
24 Jun 2019
By repeating problem, do you mean this happens on all the new patches or only on this particular CCPoly patch?
Yes it only happens with the Patch CCPoly ................ i did test the rest of the new patches & they were fine ! ;)

zvork

27 Jun 2019

Version 2.0.5 of Oberon is now available for download, free for current users which fixes the sampling rate change bug and has changed the name of the CCPoly patch to "CCPoly (Reason 10)" for less confusion :-) Along with the improvements introduced with version 2.0.3, of course.
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/

Majestik Monkey

27 Jun 2019

zvork wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Version 2.0.5 of Oberon is now available for download, free for current users which fixes the sampling rate change bug and has changed the name of the CCPoly patch to "CCPoly (Reason 10)" for less confusion :-) Along with the improvements introduced with version 2.0.3, of course.
Thanks for the newer Update Zvork , i noticed the new name/ CCPoly R10 ;)

Later i am releasing a Video of how i use Oberon ' or at least the sounds that i create with [Oberon] , Expect Some Nice Dubstep Growls :mrgreen:

zvork

27 Jun 2019

Majestik Monkey wrote:
27 Jun 2019
zvork wrote:
27 Jun 2019
Thanks for the newer Update Zvork , i noticed the new name/ CCPoly R10 ;)

Later i am releasing a Video of how i use Oberon ' or at least the sounds that i create with [Oberon] , Expect Some Nice Dubstep Growls :mrgreen:
Don't hesitate to share the link here so we can share it on our social media.

• Information