What is the closest RE to Serum?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Zac

22 Sep 2017

I'm guessing it's Expanse?

Also, I know it probably can't be answered officially until R10 is released, but will the new included synths cover this territory?

miscend

22 Sep 2017

Expanse.

And the new Wavtable synth in Reason 10.

And also plenty of VST's. Respire and Spire have wavetables. I think Dune 2 can import wave tables.

scratchnsnifff

24 Sep 2017

miscend wrote:
22 Sep 2017
Expanse.

And the new Wavtable synth in Reason 10.

And also plenty of VST's. Respire and Spire have wavetables. I think Dune 2 can import wave tables.
Yea expanse is the only RE that truely tackles the vst type of design with the modifiers multiple oscillator audio import and so on, the new R10 synth Europa sounds like it will be of the same sort of concept the commercial points out wavetables and on the UI it looks as though there are 2 modifiers on each of the 3 oscillators but the filter is what appears to make Europa unique and apart from serum or expanse, the filter can be drawn. Europa really does look promising for a stock synth :D I'm hoping I can get in on the beta, I didn't on 9 or 9.5 but I'd like to with 10
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2017

What makes Serum so good is not just the wavetables and ability to import them. It's the FM capabilities between the two oscillators, the filter section, and FX section with the additional filter. On top of all that it has the cleanest oscillators out of any synth on the market currently. Which really makes the most audible difference when doing FM stuff.

As stated above, Expanse is the closest thing to it. Although, Serum is still pretty much unmatched.

Oquasec

25 Sep 2017

Table osc
Expanse
Thor
One of those, europa.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2017

I don't know how this works but.... I think you just import serum patches into expanse? ...Somehow

theshoemaker

26 Sep 2017

Advanced Suite wrote:
26 Sep 2017
I don't know how this works but.... I think you just import serum patches into expanse? ...Somehow
You can import Serum wavetables, not patches. More details and a howto can be found here:

http://blamsoft.com/tutorials/expanse-c ... avetables/

With this you can pretty much sample the character of every other OSCs by modulating them while recording in reason. Details are explained in the linked article from Blamsoft.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Loque

26 Sep 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
26 Sep 2017
Advanced Suite wrote:
26 Sep 2017
You can import Serum wavetables, not patches. More details and a howto can be found here:

http://blamsoft.com/tutorials/expanse-c ... avetables/

With this you can pretty much sample the character of every other OSCs by modulating them while recording in reason. Details are explained in the linked article from Blamsoft.
Yea, nice feature. I did that a few days ago with Snakebite and it gets really close. Now i can use Snakebites waves with FM and all the other modifiers in realtime :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

• Information