The Black Friday 2016 (Getting Ready Thread)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Libraquaricorn

10 Nov 2016

Yup, it's that crazy time of the year again....

Black Friday falls on the 25th of November this year, so we still have two weeks to save up for it.

Personally, I hope for a modest discount on The Legend and I also hope to finally get my greasy hands on the Softube Valley People Dyna-mite.

And now an unrelated but very funny video while we wait :lol:

Gulale

10 Nov 2016

What are they saying in Spanish by the way? I have watched the same video like this. Any Spanish speakers please?

I will be removing this video I just wanna know what they are saying in spanish. Is it gibberish?
Last edited by Gulale on 11 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Gulale aka Bereket

dvdrtldg

10 Nov 2016

I'd pick up Stringwerk if it was knocked down to a ridiculous price, but apart from that I'm pretty happy with what I've got

Michaellos

11 Nov 2016

I look forward for the discount on Reason 9 upgrade :-)

plasticpulse

11 Nov 2016

I might get that 300 dollar compressor if they cut the price in half or lower.

Michaellos

11 Nov 2016

I might get that 300 dollar compressor if they cut the price in half or lower.
You mean Softube Tube-Tech?

tumar

11 Nov 2016

Gulale wrote:What are they saying in Spanish by the way? I have watched the same video like this. Any Spanish speakers please?

I will be removing this video I just wanna know what they are saying in spanish. Is it gibberish?

Arrant
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2016

I'd probably bite on a good Tube-Tech deal too.

Hope to see decent discounts for the Lectric Panda stuff (Nostromo, Fritz), that would probably be my first priority, along with Zero, Stringwerk and maybe Oberon if they come along on the cheap.

Legend would be nice also, but it's probably a bit too fresh yet.

challism

11 Nov 2016

Michaellos wrote:I look forward for the discount on Reason 9 upgrade :-)
You must have missed it. About a month ago, an Amazon.uk seller was selling the R9 upgrade for $50. Excellent deal.
Arrant wrote:I'd probably bite on a good Tube-Tech deal too.

Hope to see decent discounts for the Lectric Panda stuff (Nostromo, Fritz), that would probably be my first priority, along with Zero, Stringwerk and maybe Oberon if they come along on the cheap.

Legend would be nice also, but it's probably a bit too fresh yet.
If I remember correctly, Rob from Lectric Panda said both Nostromo and Fritz are both too new for a discount. Maybe next summer or next black Friday.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Michaellos

11 Nov 2016

Michaellos wrote:
I look forward for the discount on Reason 9 upgrade :-)

You must have missed it. About a month ago, an Amazon.uk seller was selling the R9 upgrade for $50. Excellent deal.
Haven't seen that :( Well, still hope that R 9 upgrade discount will happen.
I'd probably bite on a good Tube-Tech deal too.
That was a great moment to grab Tube-Tech on May madness sale with 50% discount, and I did )) How pricy it would be in a couple of weeks... no one knows

EdGrip

11 Nov 2016

All the things that I'd like are too new to be discounted and a bit too pricey for me to justify otherwise right now. WE ALL KNOW the REs I'm talking about, riiiiiiiight?

chimp_spanner

12 Nov 2016

The main things I want for my rack right now are;

Viking
Legend
Nostromo

I'd happily take any or all of those. My wallet is ready. Have my monies.

Skullture

12 Nov 2016

Nostromo and Bitspeek in sharp discounts please :D

TheGuyNotNamedBob

12 Nov 2016

Hopefully a great discount on Reason itself. If Rotor and Synchronus drop to 15 again, I'll go for that too.

Kuranes

12 Nov 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:I'd pick up Stringwerk if it was knocked down to a ridiculous price, but apart from that I'm pretty happy with what I've got
I bought Stringwerk for the full price, and I never regret it, because it not only sounds great - the rhythmic patterns you can achieve with the animator sets gave my arrangements an organic drive I couln't achieve before.

I only wish, they'd release something similarly for brasses and woodwinds.
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

Lov2sing

12 Nov 2016

Kuranes wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:I'd pick up Stringwerk if it was knocked down to a ridiculous price, but apart from that I'm pretty happy with what I've got
I bought Stringwerk for the full price, and I never regret it, because it not only sounds great - the rhythmic patterns you can achieve with the animator sets gave my arrangements an organic drive I couln't achieve before.

I am sure that if it is possible they will but being I am a horn player imo it may be harder to create a horn player nuances than a string players. Still I hope they can; however although off subject, I hope Props will create a bass player RE like they have done for guitar.
We make music for a reason

Kuranes

13 Nov 2016

Lov2sing wrote:
Kuranes wrote:

I am sure that if it is possible they will but being I am a horn player imo it may be harder to create a horn player nuances than a string players. Still I hope they can; however although off subject, I hope Props will create a bass player RE like they have done for guitar.
Yes, you are right: when you know how to play an emulated instrument in natura, then you'll even more care for the nuances. I think it's comparable with computer games: The more realistic the characters in the games are modeled, the more one cares for their authenticity, and every little abbreviation is then undermining the authenticity of the performance.
“To be is to do”—Socrates.
“To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
“Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-del-vecchio

dvdrtldg

13 Nov 2016

Lov2sing wrote:I hope Props will create a bass player RE like they have done for guitar.
There's always the Reason Electric Bass refill

chimp_spanner

13 Nov 2016

Haha, just watched the video - pretty funny. Definitely wasn't what anyone was expecting from Korg. Personally, I was hoping for a Volca Mix! A little 5 or 6 input minijack mixer with a two slot digital FX engine and a sync out port with swing for all devices.

But nope. They just took the Minilogue and made it monophonic haha. Oh well. Can't get it right all the time I guess :)

sdst
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2016

First time i'm Waiting for the black friday. :) To buy some RE

MDTerps2015

13 Nov 2016

At good prices, Im in for Nostromo and Expanse. They are pretty much no doubters. Watched video on the tube yesterday and I really like Nostromo but i think Expanse will take some learning to get used too. Laughing my butt off, I just buy these to look at them because I haven't made a song in years in Reason or any other daw. I need to get back at it because I miss it. I was the one who said back in the day I collect RE's and I now have 215 RE's and doing nothing with them. LOL i just love to buy them to say I have them.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Lov2sing

13 Nov 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:
Lov2sing wrote:I hope Props will create a bass player RE like they have done for guitar.
There's always the Reason Electric Bass refill
I have those but I also play bass (46 years to be exact) but I was checking out IK multimedia and they created a similar bass program that reminds me of Props guitar RE's
We make music for a reason

illone

13 Nov 2016

When ever I get back into making music instead of programming music, the 1st thing I'm getting is Fritz; with or without discount. Now if discount comes before then, I'd be obligated...

Fritz and the Parsec upgrade.

Undecided on Nostrom, Legend, & Expanse.

--illone

EdGrip

13 Nov 2016

Fritz is top of my non-synth list too.

The_G

13 Nov 2016

The Legend is top of my list.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

• Information