Kilohearts Toolbox in da house

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
plasticpulse

26 Oct 2016

:puf_bigsmile:
geronimo wrote:With the TRANCE GATE module without synchronisation ! :oops:
Whoa really? That's a substantial oversight if that is the case. That effect would basically not be usable. Hopefully there is some way to sync it.

Loque

26 Oct 2016

Thx Kilohearts for the new REs and for the free gifts!
Reason12, Win10

Skullture

26 Oct 2016

plasticpulse wrote::puf_bigsmile:
Whoa really? That's a substantial oversight if that is the case. That effect would basically not be usable. Hopefully there is some way to sync it.
I have no idea what you are talking about. It syncs just fine.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

stratatonic

26 Oct 2016

A Big thank you to KiloHearts for the freebies. Free is always a good thing and fosters goodwill and awareness for future purchases, which judging how the chorus sounds on my guitar, may very well happen...

However, I put a Selig Gain after the Kilohearts Limiter and I am seeing peaks over 0dB. I had to drop the Output gain of the Limiter by almost 6dB to get the Selig Gain to register 0dB.

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT:The (limited amount of) limiters I've used had their Output as the ceiling. I had the Threshold cranked and Output at just under 0dB. User error here... :redface: Carry on.
Last edited by stratatonic on 27 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

26 Oct 2016

I did not had time to test all that stuff, so i just had a quick look on the backside. Very nice that nearly everything is controllable through CV. Nice!

But i miss a few things:
* breakout in Delay
* Gain reduction out for Compressor and maybe Gate
* Lookahead for Compressor
* Note support in Filter (keyboard follow, note and gate in). Maybe it could be interesting for the Frequency and Pitch Shifter aswell
* maybe a Curve signal output from the Tape Stop

Just to be clear, that is not a must for a decision to buy, but would thinks make even more interesting and are often missed features in other REs.
Reason12, Win10

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Oct 2016

Rather impressed with the free ones - The delay hits a nice middle ground when you need more control than a DDL-1 but an Echo would be overkill, and the chorus sounds lovely. Haven't done too much with the limiter yet, but it does what it says on the tin. :)

Haven't tried any of the regular ones yet, but anyone who owns Polar try the pitch shifter yet?

QVprod

26 Oct 2016

stratatonic wrote:A Big thank you to KiloHearts for the freebies. Free is always a good thing and fosters goodwill and awareness for future purchases, which judging how the chorus sounds on my guitar, may very well happen...

However, I put a Selig Gain after the Kilohearts Limiter and I am seeing peaks over 0dB. I had to drop the Output gain of the Limiter by almost 6dB to get the Selig Gain to register 0dB.

Can anyone confirm this?
Sounds like you're looking at peak metering which is different than vu metering (provided that your threshold is set to 0db or lower). If the output was over 0dB vu you would see clipping on Reason's outputs and possibly on Selig Gain as well.

Just tested it with the mclass maximizer as well as the big meter. It works as it should. Peaks can go up to -6dB but the VU never goes past 0dB
Last edited by QVprod on 26 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

ljekio

26 Oct 2016

Wow, finally I can see compressor what I want all of that years.
Fair plugins and nice prices.

geronimo

26 Oct 2016

Sorry for my mistake; the TRANCE GATE is synchronized by default ?

selig
RE Developer

26 Oct 2016

QVprod wrote:
stratatonic wrote:A Big thank you to KiloHearts for the freebies. Free is always a good thing and fosters goodwill and awareness for future purchases, which judging how the chorus sounds on my guitar, may very well happen...

Can anyone confirm this?
Sounds like you're looking at peak metering which is different than vu metering (provided that your threshold is set to 0db or lower). If the output was over 0dB vu you would see clipping on Reason's outputs and possibly on Selig Gain as well.

Just tested it with the mclass maximizer as well as the big meter. It works as it should. Peaks can go up to -6dB but the VU never goes past 0dB
Are you sure about that? Peaks should ALWAYS be higher than VU (average) levels. I've not checked any of these out yet, I'm just asking about the comment concerning peak levels BELOW VU levels.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Djstarski

26 Oct 2016

Thanks guys for the free gifts . This is what i like , simple but effective . No fancy colours or unnecessary controls .

thanks once again

Ps love the price

QVprod

26 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
QVprod wrote:

Can anyone confirm this?

Are you sure about that? Peaks should ALWAYS be higher than VU (average) levels. I've not checked any of these out yet, I'm just asking about the comment concerning peak levels BELOW VU levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I knew you would respond to this Selig :D lol. I got a little lazy with my terms. By VU I really meant dBfs. Sorry for the confusion

Edit: note that the audio used for the image/test is a mastered song.
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 2.45.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 2.45.42 PM.png (660.38 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Last edited by QVprod on 26 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

superpop

26 Oct 2016

ljekio wrote:Wow, finally I can see compressor what I want all of that years.
Fair plugins and nice prices.
Why exactly this one?

dvdrtldg

26 Oct 2016

To be honest, for me there's not much here that I don't already have well covered

But I did pick up the Resonator. And I like it a lot

ravisoni

26 Oct 2016

I looked at all the free ones - stereo widener, chorus, gain and limiter. I feel almost everything in here (i.e. the free ones) is possible via the standard stock devices. Is there any behind the scenes, coloring or something happening that is not that apparent? Just curious, got excited but then saw most of it is already there in reason.
Last edited by ravisoni on 26 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

ljekio

26 Oct 2016

superpop wrote: Why exactly this one?
Check it for drum loops, as example.
With very agressive settings.

dvdrtldg wrote: But I did pick up the Resonator. And I like it a lot
Yeah, with cv-note control, sweet :)

Marco Raaphorst

26 Oct 2016

I notice a small delay on the Pitch Shifter even when it's on Bypass.

O1B

26 Oct 2016

KiloHearts has definitely bogarted it's way on the Shop RE Page. Wow.

Very nice. …WHere i am waiting patiently for OTO's Bim, Bam, and Buiscit to be re--released and:
Bim-Bam! K-Hearts ...

QVprod

26 Oct 2016

ravisoni wrote:I looked at all the free ones - stereo widener, chorus, gain and limiter. I feel almost everything in here (i.e. the free ones) is possible via the standard stock devices. Is there any behind the scenes, coloring or something happening that is not that apparent? Just curious, got excited but then saw most of it is already there in reason.
Aside from the fact that processors can sound and respond different even if they are of the same type, Reason does not have a dedicated gain device nor a specific brickwall limiter (though the maximizer can be used for similar results).

Try the devices out and see if they work for you. You got nothing to lose since they're free.

Marco Raaphorst

26 Oct 2016

Can anyone confirm this?
yes no brickwall/clipping

QVprod

26 Oct 2016

Marco Raaphorst wrote:

Can anyone confirm this?
yes no brickwall/clipping
Are you saying that you're getting clipping? If so that's odd, my results are the complete opposite. Works exactly as a brickwall.

jonheal

26 Oct 2016

I get brickwall limiting, too, unless I move the Threshold or Output Gain knobs. I notice that in comparison to the the MClass Maximizer set to brickwall (4 ms Look Ahead ON ... I think that's all you have to do ...), the MClass Maximizer cuts the overall level about 2 dB more that the Kilohearts Limiter. So maybe a bit more dynamic range for the Limiter?

They both shave the high end a little, but I guess that is limiter behavior. I'm not an expert in that area.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2016

Hi All

I like the Resonator. Here is a quick demo of a sound I made using 4 Resonators to spice up a typically flat Thor piano synth.

Before & After:

I paid virtually no attention to tunings of the resonators as I have no real idea how a good soundboard or cabinet should affect an instrument but you will hear how the sound becomes more alive and 'real'.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

eusti

26 Oct 2016

Benedict wrote:Hi All

I like the Resonator. Here is a quick demo of a sound I made using 4 Resonators to spice up a typically flat Thor piano synth.

Before & After:

I paid virtually no attention to tunings of the resonators as I have no real idea how a good soundboard or cabinet should affect an instrument but you will hear how the sound becomes more alive and 'real'.

Nice one, Benedict!

D.

Faastwalker

26 Oct 2016

I just love the little cassette tape on the Tape Stop :) Buying that one for sure. Doubt I'll buy the bundle as I have a lot of this stuff covered with other devices. On the other hand these are very simple, direct & to the point. Very nice when you want to chain a bunch of them. Well done KiloHearts & thanks so much for the freebies. Some fantastic devices for freebies ;)

• Information