Korg M1 Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MiguelCortesano

23 Oct 2016

Hi all. I think that Korg M1 (as a Rack Extension) would be great. Who would wish this legendary synth in Reason? ;)
Ghost Producer
:reason: 10

dioxide

23 Oct 2016

Me. Was one of the first things I wanted in RE format.

Data_Shrine

23 Oct 2016

That would be great. I have the 3DS version, and I love it (even if it's very limited).

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2016

It's a no brainer, as are so many that haven't been created.

dioxide

23 Oct 2016

I seem to remember Korg saying that they had big plans for Rack Extensions in 2015. Maybe those plans got tidied up and put in the wrong drawer somewhere?

pjeudy

23 Oct 2016

Not until Propellerhead update it's SDK ...on the KORG M1 software there are a few panels that you have to switch to navigate. Even if it where possible to create a static UI for the M1 ...the Browsing function would make it an EPIC pain in the butt as a RACK EXTENSION!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

kuhliloach

23 Oct 2016

Am I the only one here who thinks the next Korg RE should be the MS-20?

lakinlakin

23 Oct 2016

kuhliloach wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks the next Korg RE should be the MS-20?
No your not. It would be an instant buy for me.

K.Markov

23 Oct 2016

kuhliloach wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks the next Korg RE should be the MS-20?
yeah, or wavestation rather than M1

Zac

23 Oct 2016

Anything more from Korg would be nice, I get a lot of use out of their REs, they sound great.

Resonator

23 Oct 2016

Clickbait

kuhliloach

23 Oct 2016

It is worth mentioning just how easy it is to pick up a basic iPad and run the amazing M1 for iOS for ~$30. There are many ways to get the signal out, such as an analog connection to the legendary "headphone jack" on the iPad, or an internal digital scenario. I'm unclear, though, whether or not the iM1 has Ableton Link.

Zac

23 Oct 2016

Resonator wrote:Clickbait
It really wasn't. I just wanted to do the little I can to maybe get another RE out of Korg.

as for my music I've come to terms with its lack of interest, even for free, for whatever reasons (I used to post some obnoxious stuff on here when I was drinking.) but thanks for the excuse to say that ;)

altron

24 Oct 2016

I'd rather like to see an exclusive RE of the Roland MKS-70. Owning the hardware myself but I'd just like the Reason-hating VST crowd looking at it in envy! >;)

... and because the MKS-70 is such an enormously beautiful and underrated synth. Every joe knows the Wavestation or MS-20 and they've been used plenty of times but the MKS is a bit of an unknown treasure.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Creativemind

24 Oct 2016

pjeudy wrote:Not until Propellerhead update it's SDK ...on the KORG M1 software there are a few panels that you have to switch to navigate. Even if it where possible to create a static UI for the M1 ...the Browsing function would make it an EPIC pain in the butt as a RACK EXTENSION!
Was gonna ask if there were any SDK limitations for it's lack of appearance already.

I personally love this synth / vst and the M1 piano or Piano16 are amazing.

It's about time the SDK was updated to SDK III in my opinion. I have a feeling it may be just around the corner but you never know.

If they did some things with the SDK in an update (stated on another thread which I think I may haver started actually) to which there was about 6 or 7 things people stated which would dramatically improve the SDK format, we'd see more Re's like the Korg M1, MS-20, Wavestation, Sylenth etc.

Even if we don't get stuff like Massive or Sylenth ported to the new Re format if it was updated, we'd get synths / effects equally as good made by different companies that would equal if not better the vst world and make Reason more attractive to people who couldn't get those plug-ins in the vst world. The tables would turn at some point and instead of people asking for a certain vst to be ported to Re, you'd get people asking for Re's to be made as vst's ;-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Kronos

24 Oct 2016

I think it is mainly the potential return on investment that VST plugin developers base their decisions on. Customisation effort vs projected sales volume. Probably doesn't help that the Propellerheads take a significant share of the price through their online shop fee.

adfielding

24 Oct 2016

dioxide wrote:I seem to remember Korg saying that they had big plans for Rack Extensions in 2015. Maybe those plans got tidied up and put in the wrong drawer somewhere?
Yeah, I remember that, too. I'd love to see more Korg REs!

Gorgon

24 Oct 2016

The whole Korg legacy collection as RE's would be great.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

groggy1

26 Oct 2016

I totally agree with the OP, would love Korg M1.

When I first got into synths, I owned a physical (real) Korg M1. Don't know why, but I just love the piano sounds on it. In-general, every time I play the M1 I feel like I'm writing an Enya song. Is that a good thing? I don't know. But all the tension in my body leaves, and I feel totally relaxed.

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Oct 2016

pjeudy wrote:Not until Propellerhead update it's SDK ...on the KORG M1 software there are a few panels that you have to switch to navigate. Even if it where possible to create a static UI for the M1 ...the Browsing function would make it an EPIC pain in the butt as a RACK EXTENSION!
There are indeed a number of things Propellerhead needs to improve with the SDK, but I don't think the SDK is an obstacle to an M1 RE. It would just require a different way of paginating the envelopes and filter graphs, probably something similar to how Expanse handles multiple graphical envelopes. A lot of the things iM1 paginates could easily fit next to each other at the scale of a RE. All the combi stuff can obviously be omitted since Reason has its own ways to handle splits, layers, and so on.

For browsing, why not simply offload all the cards into folders full of .repatch files?

Yonatan

26 Oct 2016

Yes yes yes for Korg M1!

And so many other ones...

Where have Korg gone since first 2 RE:s ?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2016

Gorgon wrote:The whole Korg legacy collection as RE's would be great.
that would be really GREAT...

Silly thing was I bought the M1 Legacy for my PC the other day as it was on sale, was tempted to buy the whole collection..
(Mainly bought it to break down some of the sounds and try and make some patches in Reason)

Why silly, as I have Korg T1 sitting up stairs, which I have not really played it for years... :(

Ostermilk

26 Oct 2016

Resonator wrote:Clickbait
Well, it reeled me in.

It must have caught me at vulnerable moment as I half expected to see a link to it in the shop.

XysteR

02 Nov 2016

Sold mine for £60 - It was clutter and for me the most boring sounding, uninspiring piece of pap I ever owned. I do not miss it. Good riddance!

Bloma

03 Nov 2016

Data_Shrine wrote:That would be great. I have the 3DS version, and I love it (even if it's very limited).
Do you use Rytmik for DS? I've actually made a shitload of music on that when I was backpacking.

• Information