The RE2A IS in the giveaway!! (ENDED)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bonkhead

21 Oct 2016

My small 1st world problem:

Tried to register my propellerhead user email for the Cakewalk account.
Did not receive a confirmation email (checked spam folders and filters).
Tried another gmail account, which worked fine.
Created a Cakewalk account, entered Reason as my DAW and got a (vst ?) license via the cakewalk command centre.
Emailed Cakewalk support with my story.
Waiting like the rest.

Edit: answer from Cakewalk support, they only need the emailadress from the form which I use for my pheads account, so I might be ok afterall :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up:

decibel

21 Oct 2016

even though i initially stated i was a logic user to get the vst giveaway, i emailed Cakewalk support and asked them to change my preference details to reason user and they have now added my reason user details to their RE-2A giveaway list

CharlyCharlzz

21 Oct 2016

ok so I instaled the cake walk thingy and sayed I used Reason , now what ...?
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

XysteR

21 Oct 2016

CharlyCharlzz wrote:ok so I instaled the cake walk thingy and sayed I used Reason , now what ...?
If you wanted RE2A for Reason, then all you needed to do is register with the email you use for your Propellerheads account, and select 'Reason' as your DAW. That's all you needed to do - No need to install anything (that software is for the VST versions etc). Then it's just a case of waiting, we've been told it could be added to our Prop account before the end of the month.

My guess is that they'll wait until they have a big bunch of email addresses, then submit them to props to activate the RE2A on our accounts so could be a while yet.

CharlyCharlzz

21 Oct 2016

XysteR wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:ok so I instaled the cake walk thingy and sayed I used Reason , now what ...?
If you wanted RE2A for Reason, then all you needed to do is register with the email you use for your Propellerheads account, and select 'Reason' as your DAW. That's all you needed to do - No need to install anything (that software is for the VST versions etc). Then it's just a case of waiting, we've been told it could be added to our Prop account before the end of the month.

My guess is that they'll wait until they have a big bunch of email addresses, then submit them to props to activate the RE2A on our accounts so could be a while yet.
thanks a lot for the infos
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Catblack

22 Oct 2016

This is absolutely amazing, thank you!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Sprockhead

22 Oct 2016

Really amazing, I was hoping to see RE2A in the next Black Friday Sale and now it's free! Really nice of Cakewalk.

kitekrazy

23 Oct 2016

Bump. This freebie needs attention to the top.

ezelkow1

24 Oct 2016

Just to verify, they are more than willing to add your info to their list even if you've already registered. My acct already had another DAW listed as primary, so I contacted support and they had no problem add me to the list to get the RE version as well. They just ask to verify your full name and prop's email address

Trefor

24 Oct 2016

ezelkow1 wrote:Just to verify, they are more than willing to add your info to their list even if you've already registered. My acct already had another DAW listed as primary, so I contacted support and they had no problem add me to the list to get the RE version as well. They just ask to verify your full name and prop's email address
Just had the same experience. I originally registered with a different email address to my Props account and downloaded the VST, but sent an email to pre sales support and got a response back today telling me that they have added my information to the RE-2A Rack Extension Request and that 'you should receive this product within a few days in your Propellerhead account'. Very efficient service.

shredmiyagi

26 Oct 2016

Say did anybody get the RE2A in their Reason account yet?

XysteR

26 Oct 2016

shredmiyagi wrote:Say did anybody get the RE2A in their Reason account yet?
I don't think anyone has for Re just yet. We're nearing the end of the month, so I'm sure it won't be long now. They said end of the month or potentially earlier.

ClassickHitz

26 Oct 2016

XysteR wrote:
shredmiyagi wrote:Say did anybody get the RE2A in their Reason account yet?
I don't think anyone has for Re just yet. We're nearing the end of the month, so I'm sure it won't be long now. They said end of the month or potentially earlier.
None here either, still patiently awaiting.

tattootroy

26 Oct 2016

If they don't remember that user pass that means they might have 7 million Euros in that PH account from past sales which has not being withdrawn over the years, Cakewalk giving this plug away may have given them a jackpot just need to find the key. Just adding to the theory.

Ottostrom

26 Oct 2016

tattootroy wrote:If they don't remember that user pass that means they might have 7 million Euros in that PH account from past sales which has not being withdrawn over the years, Cakewalk giving this plug away may have given them a jackpot just need to find the key. Just adding to the theory.
I do think this theory might be plausible since they very well could have sold about 87500 RE2A units. And they can safely give it away for free since almost every Reason user already own it, shown by that figure. Nice catch!

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Oct 2016

tattootroy wrote:If they don't remember that user pass that means they might have 7 million Euros in that PH account from past sales which has not being withdrawn over the years, Cakewalk giving this plug away may have given them a jackpot just need to find the key. Just adding to the theory.
I think my original theory has been disproven at this point, as we now know why the Cakewalk social media rep described being "in discussion" with Propellerhead: They weren't in discussion to change the price (which a vendor can do without PH's help at any time); they were in discussion to do this special arrangement where you sign up at the Cakewalk site and then get the rack extension delivered to your Propellerhead account.

In other words, the reason they were unsure if they would be able to add RE-2A to the promotion was that they were unsure if Propellerhead would be willing and able to accommodate their signup process. And fortunately, they did. :)

ljekio

27 Oct 2016

Reason users brought them too much hassle.
Indeed propshop have a possibility to enter the promotional code or change price for sale actions for all.
And they would not have to bother with a email client base.

sdst
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2016

tattootroy wrote:If they don't remember that user pass
That was a theory (a very serious theory)

we need to wait the end of the month

Djstarski

28 Oct 2016

EdGrip wrote:Hello!
I'd love RE2A - is this available to anyone, or only Sonar owners?
What's the lowdown?

Its available to anyone , no matter what format . Just head over to the cakewalk site and fill in the form and if you want the RE2A rack extension just choose Reason as you DAW .

Loque

30 Oct 2016

nooomy wrote:Anyone got it yet?
No... Sigh... Still waiting
Reason12, Win10

MiguelCortesano

30 Oct 2016

Nothing yet. I'm still waiting :)
Ghost Producer
:reason: 10

Ottostrom

30 Oct 2016

They weren't kidding when they said "by the end of the month".

Creativemind

30 Oct 2016

Djstarski wrote:
EdGrip wrote:Hello!
I'd love RE2A - is this available to anyone, or only Sonar owners?
What's the lowdown?

Its available to anyone , no matter what format . Just head over to the cakewalk site and fill in the form and if you want the RE2A rack extension just choose Reason as you DAW .
I chose Reason as my daw so what happens next?

I receive an e-mail from either Propellerhead or Cakewalk?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information