Blamsoft's Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2016

loving how fantastic all these tracks are so far!!! not a one that doesn't deserve a win, so far...... great work everybody!

bsp

17 Sep 2016

+1

I've never seen music as a competition and I only posted my track (see end of last page) because I love music and I want you to hear it.

This RE was an insta-buy for me. It's very inspiring and has an excellent UI and sound.
Last edited by bsp on 17 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

stratatonic

17 Sep 2016

raymondh wrote:Gosh folks, the quality of the entries to this challenge is excellent.
I do believe you mean eXcellent... :)

VNUprod

18 Sep 2016

Hey Folks,

Here ist my Entry. Thanks for this competition. :)

Teaflax

18 Sep 2016

I seriously doubt I stand a chance, having listened to some truly excellent entries above. And because of the style of my piece; but you have to go where the muse takes you, and this time it was synthwave.

Anyway, here's my entry.

https://allihoopa.com/s/ZHYxAsxy

The_G

20 Sep 2016

Some really nice submissions so far. Good stuff, everyone!
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

dumaz

20 Sep 2016

Hello.
I even not expecting to win but never less here is my new "masterpiece" inspired to finish by this competition ;)
Good luck for everyone

exxx

20 Sep 2016

2nd entry

expanse / redrum / sample & effect in reason 9
Last edited by exxx on 24 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

raymondh

21 Sep 2016

I've updated "The Digital Age" so it now includes a very cool vocal hook by Carl (so it's now a Pacific Deep song) :)

Carl is just finishing another entry soon, so we'll have two Pacific Deep entries.

Like everyone here, we're very inspired by eXpanse!

The Real Deanc2000

21 Sep 2016

My entry. Hopefully this will be the last version.

teddymcw

21 Sep 2016

First track with eXpanse and entry for contest! Big up to the devs, host Noel, and everyone contributing to a badass playlist thus far.

Mostly composed with tweaked presets tbh, also loved using the audio in to process some percussion and as a complete pedal for guitar :)

Some Desperate Glory

21 Sep 2016

Here is another track made with eXpanse for the contest. The music is 95% Raymond and I did the lyrics and vocals and worked on the arrangement so it is a legit Pacific Deep song. I must say, this contest is costing me some cash. I thought I had all the Rack Extensions I would ever need but this synthesizer just sounds so nice.... I'll be buying it. It is loads of fun to program (even if none of the patches I made ended up in this song).

Last edited by Some Desperate Glory on 21 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Loque

21 Sep 2016

Some Desperate Glory wrote:Here is another track made with eXpanse for the contest. The music is 95% Raymond and I did the lyrics and vocals and worked on the arrangement so it is a Pacific Deep song. I must say, this contest is costing me some cash. I thought I had all the Rack Extensions I would ever need but this synthesizer just sounds so nice.... I'll be buying it. It is loads of fun to program (even if none of the patches I made ended up in this song).

Nice song and cool avatar picture.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

21 Sep 2016

Ok, here's my entry. Seems like this synth can do alot. :cool:
Good luck me and the others!

scratchnsnifff

21 Sep 2016

Really hope to win this awesome synth, wouldn't mind having the polymodular setup as well :D
heres my entry

*FINGERS CROSSED*
Please Email me for the .RNS i don't know how to attach the darn file, i tried and it won't let me plus my lady is rushing me to have dinner
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2016

scratchnsnifff wrote:Please Email me for the .RNS i don't know how to attach the darn file, i tried and it won't let me plus my lady is rushing me to have dinner
You don't need to send in the RNS unless you are selected as a winner.

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2016

Just noticed this in the rules: "you MAY use . . . Any drums from the FSB or sample libraries, but not from external plug-ins". Surely RE's that only do drums are allowed as in other song challenges, correct?!?

raelic

21 Sep 2016

Here is my entry, I hope you all like it :

- Matt Dillon

My Music

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2016

Hi All

I wasn't going to enter but oddly enough, playing with The Legend got me to re-try eXpanse and it just happened to sound perfect for what I was working on. This is an excerpt from one of the pieces I am writing at the moment. They are all 20 mins long so I figured no one wanted to hear all of that. This is fairly progressive Space Music so probably not to the taste of many but hey, I am having fun and liking the synth a lot.

Everything you hear is eXpanse - incl Drums.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Reasonistas
RE Developer

22 Sep 2016

Despondo wrote:Just noticed this in the rules: "you MAY use . . . Any drums from the FSB or sample libraries, but not from external plug-ins". Surely RE's that only do drums are allowed as in other song challenges, correct?!?
Noel G. wrote: Regarding drum synth, only sample based drums can be used. These rules fit the spirit of the competition which is to showcase Expanse synthesizer.
ImageImageImage

sdst
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2016

great entries everybody. :)

Here is my second for this great Synth

plasticpulse

22 Sep 2016

I have two songs to submit. All sounds in these songs are 100% Expanse Hyperwave (including drums).

Track 1: winding rewinding

Track 2: natural cover

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2016

Will this become a new record in the number of entries for a song challenge?
I'm thinking yes.
There's still almost a week left and there's over 50 entries already.

Andrew, eXode and Noel are in for some serious judging :)

fieldframe
RE Developer

23 Sep 2016

Yeah, at this point I think there are too many good entries already for my piece to stand a chance. :) I'll submit it all the same!

• Information