StringWERK new RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

26 May 2016

PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:
decibel wrote:
PurpleMonkeyDishes wrote:It's ok, and nice to see a company that has worked in Kontakt for so long in the rack.. but honestly there is refills that are better & bigger than this.. and less than half the price, I suppose there is people who really want everything to be RE now and kill off refills, so this is right up their street. And that is good for them, but me personally I look at the bigger picture over impulse and convenience. And to have choice for needs, is what is best of all.
any recommendations mate ? im still happy to use refills if they do a better job ;)
Nothing that people don't already use I suppose.

Euphonic Strings
A Reason For Strings Chambre
Miroslav

I use them all the time as my main work is scoring, After trialing the RE today I cant hear anything that I don't get with any of these refills. ? And it's much more limited.
But that is just my opinion. Don't eat me :shock:
I too have Miroslav and Euphonic so this might not be for me right now. It sounds great so far and I might consider it when on sale.
But for the interface, sound quality, and what seems to be impeccable scripting (no artifacts or looping issues) I think it's 5 stars.
I am having a problem however with the legato not playing well. It's very abrupt on my end. Not sure if something else is at play...

PurpleMonkeyDishes

26 May 2016

I don't disagree with you esselfortium, but honestly i get by just fine with the refills. Chambre and Eurphonic can be manipulated, the samples can be used individually too, I know a lot of people dont bother with that, but you can't extract the samples from a rompler.

horses for courses I suppose. When Im making music I like to be able to see what is inside my box of tricks and not just twiddle the shining knobs on the outside. Refills vs Re's is always going to bring this argument. With Re's they can give you much less content but they put a shinning interface that dazzles you into spending twice or three times as much as the alternative.

LOOK AT THE KNOBS ON THAT! :lol:
shell-shocked.jpg
shell-shocked.jpg (23.04 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

Heater

26 May 2016

I swore never to buy another RE because you can't sell them on but this is sorely tempting me. It sounds awesome.

QVprod

26 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
QVprod wrote: This is essentially a port of Session Strings Pro, with a better UI. It wasn't built for solo instrument use. Nonetheless its great for what it is.
This has got to be Session Strings as Session Strings Pro is 48GB. Nonetheless it's fantastically great for what it is ;)
Fair point on the sample size. Though the animator and other features seem to be from Pro. Lets call it Pro lite :puf_wink:

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

26 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
Ridiculing people who make productive use of rack Extensions, .. failing to see how that is productive in this conversation?!

Oh come on and get a sense of humor ffs... And besides, if one side of a conversation does not suit you, why does that mean it is not productive?

Productive conversations dig holes, find common ground, share opposing opinion and have a laugh.

We are all human, we are all different. I live in a democratic country ....wait actually you are in North Korea?.........ooopppss
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

mcatalao
Competition Winner

26 May 2016

These strings are really great, the animator patches are really great and editable.

It's a pitty you're still limited to the IDT Limitations. I would also like to see this expanded with solo sections but for the moment that didn't seem to be the objective of the Devs. But believe me, this is an amazing device, with great sound!

BTW, as it is now, be advised that if you need a couple of devices for different stuff, you will be loading a lot of ram! So, if you're on 4 gb ram box, forget it, as probably it will not be enough.

Softphonics

26 May 2016

avasopht wrote:
Ridiculing people who make productive use of rack Extensions, .. failing to see how that is productive in this conversation?!

Technically speaking, yes, you can manually punch in specific samples to sound authentic and replicate the functionality exhibited by the scripting capabilities but let's not pretend that refills are as capable as the scripts - feel free to demonstrate a combinator patch with intelligent context based sample selection ...

Just my two cents avasopht if it's ok..
I don't see this a ridiculing? It a bit of light hearted humor from my perspective.

Chill
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

Dante

26 May 2016

Still no solo Violin (ProjectSAM missing this....) ?

avasopht
Competition Winner

26 May 2016

---
Last edited by avasopht on 29 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

gak

26 May 2016

Alkua wrote:Another Kontakt Dev on board. Base on the video, this RE is excellent. I won't try now because I can't buy it this month because R9.
I've set a Sept 1st deadline for buying anything (with the possible exception of reason 9 upgrade) so I hear ya.

VHS

26 May 2016

This sounds fantastic and is much more feature rich than I would have expected. If it weren't for reason 9 coming soon I would probably pick this up today. Any chance for a song contest?

Faastwalker

26 May 2016

Fantastic. I've been eyeing some string Refills. Think this will be the go now though. Sounds great, has some nice features & a gorgeous GUI. Looks excellent in the rack. Sold to me. Can't wait to get this & use it with the new Players.

16BitBear

26 May 2016

Damn, this does look and sound great. I know I just can't swing getting it right now, but it has moved way up on my wishlist for a Black Friday sale. Great job! Thanks e-instruments lab! :D

Rice

26 May 2016

Hey guys...did any of you have trouble with the download, I've been trying to download it for a couple of hours and it keeps stopping at 44.5mb...any suggestions?

Zerosity

26 May 2016

Rice wrote:Hey guys...did any of you have trouble with the download, I've been trying to download it for a couple of hours and it keeps stopping at 44.5mb...any suggestions?
Make sure you've got the latest version of Authorizer. Try turning off any anti-virus and potentially any firewalls on the computer while you download. These are usually the fixes for stopped downloads. Good luck.

esselfortium

26 May 2016

After getting to play with this for a few hours tonight, I will most definitely be buying this. It sounds fantastic and is really, really fun to use. Here's a half-minute of music I threw together with it.

And Joeyluck, the legato generally sounds quite subtle but you definitely notice the lack of it when it's not there! (You use it like legato in other instruments, where you have the notes overlap into one another.)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 May 2016

Oof, all these new IDT romplers are really not the best fit with SSDs. I'd love to give StringWerk a try, but I'm starting to think I should just hold off on new sample-based instruments until I have a bigger primary drive.

One good thing about Refills (or Kontakt libraries, for that matter) is that they can always be loaded from an external volume. It would be nice if the same could be done with REs.

Lizard

27 May 2016

I've added remote support for the Nektar Panorama for this Re as well as another 5 or 6 others. If you are a Panorama user you can find them here :

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466

joeyluck

27 May 2016

esselfortium wrote:After getting to play with this for a few hours tonight, I will most definitely be buying this. It sounds fantastic and is really, really fun to use. Here's a half-minute of music I threw together with it.

And Joeyluck, the legato generally sounds quite subtle but you definitely notice the lack of it when it's not there! (You use it like legato in other instruments, where you have the notes overlap into one another.)
Yeah I'm not quite sure what it is. With greater and varying velocities it's most obvious. But even when I play at a fixed velocity it still has that unnatural sound where it just sounds like each sample is cutting the other off. It's more prominent in the lower register.

In any case, I'm not as likely to use legato for these string ensembles anyways. But I will still contact them about this and see what they say.

joeyluck

27 May 2016

fieldframe wrote:Oof, all these new IDT romplers are really not the best fit with SSDs. I'd love to give StringWerk a try, but I'm starting to think I should just hold off on new sample-based instruments until I have a bigger primary drive.

One good thing about Refills (or Kontakt libraries, for that matter) is that they can always be loaded from an external volume. It would be nice if the same could be done with REs.
When I purchase my next MacBook Pro soon, I'm going with the 1TB PCIe flash-based storage. The theatres in which I work have the newer Macs and it's remarkable how much faster the PCIe storage is than my SSD. Night and day. Not sure I would want anything on an external drive as I would want to take advantage of that internal storage speed.

boobytrap

27 May 2016

Complicated Re but realistic sounds. Too bad my nidi keyboard is ruin already. Now the problem is mod wheel
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Makis

27 May 2016

Quality sounds.......excellent......more please!!! :thumbs_up:

Yonatan

27 May 2016

I love my 88 keyboard but sadly it aint got a mod wheel, only pitch...

• Information