Lithium WT Synthesizer released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ZakunaProd

28 Apr 2016

I'm happy to announce that the Lithium WT Synthesizer is now on the Propellerhead shop! https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/lithium/
Check out the ZakunaProd Soundcloud page https://soundcloud.com/zakunaprod and TritoneAddiction's awesome track 'Virus' which is made with Lithium https://soundcloud.com/tritoneaddiction ... -demo-song.

To see Lithium in action visit the ZakunaProd YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbPd6X ... Oc_nM9Y7tw

zeebot

28 Apr 2016

Some of those patches are brilliant and at 9 euro that is an absolute steal!! Wavetables! I'm in take my money! :puf_bigsmile:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

boobytrap

28 Apr 2016

Sounds are Really Fat, Warm and Awesome. and just simple to use. Good work ZakunaProd ! absolute reasonable price
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

tibah

28 Apr 2016

I'm all for simple designs and the price is obviously attractive. Curious though - as the developer, what would you say is the difference between Lithium and Thor being used with 2 WT OSCs, beside *custom* wave-tables and a simpler UI? I'm not a big Thor guy btw. I prefer Malström for its simplicity, while still being versatile, so I actually prefer designs like yours. :)

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2016

I'll field this. Not only are the Wavetables different from Thor but Lithium just sounds different.

Here is a demo piece I made

Sounds, as you hear them:

Underwater - Lithium + The Echo + RV7000
Bass 1 - Lithium + The Echo + M-CLass Comp
Dignity - Lithium + CF-101 + Echobode
Kik - Lithium
Snare - Lithium
Hat/Cymbal - Lithium
- Bus : C1 L1 Comp + Synchronus Reverb
Thin String - Lithium + Elements Chorus + Elements Chorus
Arp 1 - Lithium + M-Class Comp + M-Class Maximizer + CF-101 + The Echo + Gain
Pulsex - Lithium Combi (preset)
Choir - Lithium + The Echo + M-Class Comp

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

kuhliloach

28 Apr 2016

Looks like I'll be buying this cool synth sight unseen just because it's $9 and two people said it sounds good.

DiZo

28 Apr 2016

direct buying here :)

JNeffLind

28 Apr 2016

Priced to sell. So... SOLD.

Seriously, cool sounds at a great price. No brainer here.

Rice

28 Apr 2016

I'm really digging this little gem...I've been able to use it in a track already. Surely can find a use for it at this price!

mayzon

28 Apr 2016

Really stunning price for what this thing sounds like. Nice and fat and very easy to program and make noise with it. I'll probably use this beauty for lots of effects and odd ball noises!

Congrats on the release! :D

Faastwalker

28 Apr 2016

Ah, Dang! Another IDT handicapped by lack of CV support in the dev tools.

But hey ho, it's $9 & everyone seems to love it. The GUI is gorgeous so I'll be checking this one out I think.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2016

Done a mapping of this RE for the Nektar.

Can be found here. http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=100

Regards
PoohBear

Dante

28 Apr 2016

Got it !

evolve187

28 Apr 2016

Ya I am digging it. Big sounds that are highly tweakable with 1 or 2 knobs! A great synth that rivals others 5 times the price.

Well done ZakunaProd!!!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

TheGodOfRainbows

28 Apr 2016

Wow. Insta-buy at that price. Do you guys think this is the future of Re's? More LESS-expensive Re's, like as in 'app' price ranges.

If Thor is $15 on the iPad, then I feel like that's how much they should cost in the Re Shop.

I really like the idea of having LESS full-featured juggernaut synths at $100, and MORE simple, but clever and most importantly good sounding synths priced around $10 to $20, especially considering that Reason is where everything is supposed to be modular, I would definitely rather supply my own reverb if it saves me $20 or $xx amount of dollars. Not to say that an awesome synth like Zero shouldn't cost less. I think the price is right for how robust of a synth it is.

I've seen this topic discussed before, so I've seen how this can be good or bad for the Re market, depending on various factors.

Anyway, more inexpensive Re's, please.

Loque

29 Apr 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Wow. Insta-buy at that price. Do you guys think this is the future of Re's? More LESS-expensive Re's, like as in 'app' price ranges.

If Thor is $15 on the iPad, then I feel like that's how much they should cost in the Re Shop.

I really like the idea of having LESS full-featured juggernaut synths at $100, and MORE simple, but clever and most importantly good sounding synths priced around $10 to $20, especially considering that Reason is where everything is supposed to be modular, I would definitely rather supply my own reverb if it saves me $20 or $xx amount of dollars. Not to say that an awesome synth like Zero shouldn't cost less. I think the price is right for how robust of a synth it is.

I've seen this topic discussed before, so I've seen how this can be good or bad for the Re market, depending on various factors.

Anyway, more inexpensive Re's, please.
I hope synths like that are not the future. It sounds like the price is: cheap. Its crackling, inharmonic on chords, thin... But hey, thats my opinion. For 9 it might be ok. But compared to real synths like Zero i prefere Zero.
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

29 Apr 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Wow. Insta-buy at that price. Do you guys think this is the future of Re's? More LESS-expensive Re's, like as in 'app' price ranges. If Thor is $15 on the iPad, then I feel like that's how much they should cost in the Re Shop.
If Thor was an RE, as opposed to already being part of Reason, it would probably cost around $100 in the shop. It's a totally different market, which obviously has a lot to do with the price. There are some amazing Apps out there that are extremely capable & cost peanuts. But imagine the size of the iOS market compared to Reason. Big difference.

With this in mind I think it's nice to get some 'App priced' devices in the shop. I don't have a problem with that. But currently these are somewhat limited by the capabilities of the development tools. No CV routing is a big problem for me as I love to utilize this aspect of Reason. Without this these things always feel a bit half baked to me. Like they are not really Reason devices! The implementation is about what you would get if VST's worked in Reason.

But again, at the price it's hard to complain if you like how they sound & can use them. I've not bought any IDT's so far but I'll check this one as I liked some of the demos quite a lot.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 29 Apr 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Skullture

29 Apr 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Ah, Dang! Another IDT handicapped by lack of CV support in the dev tools.
Was thinking the same here. :puf_unhappy:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2016

Skullture wrote:
Faastwalker wrote:Ah, Dang! Another IDT handicapped by lack of CV support in the dev tools.
Was thinking the same here. :puf_unhappy:
As a workaround bang it into a combinator, 4 CV in's + 4 Rotary in's ?

max|waves

29 Apr 2016

Insta-buy.
Great job!

Noplan
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2016

Looks promising. I love its' simplicity. Seems like i want to buy it just by looking at it. :D
But compared to real synths like Zero i prefere Zero.
Thats because you can't compare it to Zero. Apples and oranges. ;)

TheGodOfRainbows

29 Apr 2016

I just realized what I said about "wanting less full featured $100 synths". I take that back completely. Not sure why I said that.

I should have just said "I want more simple $10 dollar synths".

And I agree completely about the lack of CV routing. That is the most disappointing thing about many of the latest Re's

Dance FX 21

29 Apr 2016

Thinking of buying it - like the design - would like to see breakouts on each oscillator though - however, multiples of this device could be stacked in a Combinator as a workaround.

Loque

29 Apr 2016

Noplan wrote:Looks promising. I love its' simplicity. Seems like i want to buy it just by looking at it. :D
But compared to real synths like Zero i prefere Zero.
Thats because you can't compare it to Zero. Apples and oranges. ;)
I can and i did.
Reason12, Win10

ZakunaProd

29 Apr 2016

A lot of support from you guys!
It feels good when you've put a lot of work in making it. :)
My philosophy is simple; Build something you love and would like to use yourself.

• Information