So, how many RE's do you actually have?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gak

17 Sep 2015

I have 34. Softube amps were included. Also when I got mine rotor, synchronous, PX7 and radical keys were included for promotional.

So in about 8+ months I've acquired about 3ish RE's per month. I guess that's not so bad. Most of mine were sales with extended trials before pulling the plug.

dhruan

17 Sep 2015

49 + three incoming (Zero, Combo 310 and PMS-20) from the start of it all. Really interesting to see where the RE ecosystem goes... Would love if someone ported or made an RE version of Ohmicide for example.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

chimp_spanner

17 Sep 2015

Erm. I kinda lost count but around 75, a handful of which were free. When I was doing my accounts for last year I figured out how much I'd spent on Rack Extensions and it was...sobering. But, I'm finally starting to use it for work which will (hopefully) offset the cost very soon. So I guess it was a worthwhile investment. It just didn't feel like it at the time haha.

aallvor

17 Sep 2015

9 Re's here, including the Softtube Amps, ART and two free ones (Little Lfo and the CV switch thing from Robotic Bean). I've recently moved to Reason from Vst land, and have made a very conscious decision about not going crazy in the Prop shop.

Dante

17 Sep 2015

67 Rack Extensions here - and 18 refills ! Oh and 2 custom refills I built myself.

dvdrtldg

17 Sep 2015

Over 150

Tax deductible, so that takes some of the edge off

Despondo
Competition Winner

17 Sep 2015

210...YIKES!!!

Shokstar

17 Sep 2015

I have now over 170 or more RE´s I can´t count them anymore :) but I must say I´m using only a handful of them :)

chimp_spanner

17 Sep 2015

Suddenly I don't feel so bad. Thanks guys!

InavigableHeart

17 Sep 2015

I've got around 70, and although it adds up to quite a lot of money... I've REALLY enjoyed them! Very few regretful purchases. I'm going to buy more too, Propulsion being next on my hitlist.

I used to buy hardware but I've started selling it now as I get more joy out of REs... and the quality is so good, I prefer the sound of Antidote, Tres, Abl3, over many hardware synths I've owned. The Softube Fet and Tsar reverb still blow me away too, and I love all the whacky creative stuff that gets released, it's meant I've never needed to venture down the rabbit warren of Eurorack - that would surely have been an even heavier drain on my funds!

Overall I'm an unashamed RE whore, and all the happier for it!!! :wink:

Bonkhead

17 Sep 2015

About 90 (incl. the free ones), I thought it was more :redface:

gak

17 Sep 2015

aallvor wrote:9 Re's here, including the Softtube Amps, ART and two free ones (Little Lfo and the CV switch thing from Robotic Bean). I've recently moved to Reason from Vst land, and have made a very conscious decision about not going crazy in the Prop shop.
This is an excellent idea. Take your time, keep your eyes open for sales and concentrate on what you really want need but learn reason inside/out before worrying about it.

gak

17 Sep 2015

Dante wrote:and 18 refills
I've got about that. Many of them were loop loft sales (and quite good) a couple of turkeys, and mostly drums! I also beta test for biome (some very nice stuff indeed!)

I have reason drums (about 50 bucks) all the bfd (150, ouch) and just bought one of the alt drums (50) and that is where I feel my weakness is highest.

At least I'm using it all :)

JNeffLind

17 Sep 2015

Too many. Don't want to count. Way more than I use. Feeling the bloat...

Jagwah

17 Sep 2015

I am feeling the bloat too. I grabbed some creative FX in the last sale. I have been waiting for the Black Friday sale but I believe I have everything I need and more now.

I would love to see a new stutter effect device, other than that there shouldn't be anything I need / want. I'm very glad I have Blamsoft's Zero.

Rice

17 Sep 2015

I have 75, and thought that was a-lot, but heck, there are many here that has me beat! So now I don't feel as bad, LOL!

Rice

17 Sep 2015

Rice wrote:I have 75, and thought that was a-lot, but heck, there are many here that has me beat! So now I don't feel as bad, LOL!

In my defense...the majority of the ones i bought were on sale at ridiculous prices, so it didn't hurt too much to buy them...there were very few that I paid full-price for.

challism

17 Sep 2015

I have 96, including all the free ones in the shop. REs are tax deductible for me, so they are a good purchase. Would I rather the gov't have the money, or I have some more REs in my rack? I choose the latter. Even without the tax benefits, I would have very few regrets. I usually only buy them when there is a sale or a great bundle deal (which is one reason I still don't own some that I really want). I try to use my REs as much as possible, but some do get more love and attention than others. REs bring me a lot of joy. Getting new REs is kind of like getting a new updated version of Reason.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

decibel

17 Sep 2015

lets just say more then i would use in a single track lol, will most likely buy more later in the year if the local economy improves and i can afford it , the gear aquirement syndrome is a batch yeah :)

MirEko

17 Sep 2015

90 or so.
On my hitlist:
Pms20, zero, propulsion

I am using hardware a lot more these days and geist.

Geist has an update incoming and so does Reaktor..

I don't think I've bought a rack extension since last Black Friday sale.. I really have everything I need, I want that filter though, and zero is pretty incredible and would sit nicely along side my favourite synths (antidote/parsec/polysix).

If korg ever do a sale on monopoly I'll grab that for sure.
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

txh003

18 Sep 2015

Last time I counted, it was about 90 paid REs.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

electrochoc (PRX-A)

18 Sep 2015

73 here... and I don't even have access to SDK 2 REs (forcing me to be more reasonable: I've only bought 3 or 4 since the beginning of the year...).
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

satyr32

18 Sep 2015

I have 149 including the free ones. That is a lot considering in the beginning I swore to myself to not buy a single REs. Then I started to buy one or two CV devices. Then I bought ALL the CV devices. I swore to myself that I will not buy synth devices. Same story. First one or two then more and more. But now I swear to myself I will not buy anymore REs.... :lol:
No seriously with Zero Hybrid, PX7 and Antidote I have no need for more synths for a long time, but if there are new CV devices that can do new things that cannot be done yet I will get them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

dvdrtldg

18 Sep 2015

I keep thinking I'm done with synths, and then something like Zero hits the shop

boobytrap

18 Sep 2015

Reason 8.3 factory devices +

13 instruments.
9 Effects.
3 Utilities.

without free Re.. (6 free)
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

• Information