ABL3 in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
WhiteShark

12 May 2015

reckon I'll just skip 'Try' and go straight to 'Buy' on this one :D

chimp_spanner

12 May 2015

Ugh. So much for saving money this month.

*Edit: tried it, love it. Step recording is a fantastic feature, and this thing sounds amazing when distorted. Would've been nice to have distortion on the unit but it's nothing to chuck an effect in the chain. Very, very cool. And warm! Wait; that's a weird sentence.

tiker01

12 May 2015

They just said on Facebook they have some plans with the sticker. Probably it is a placeholder for a knob. Who knows.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Olivier

12 May 2015

Shop Link : https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -bassline/

Good sound. the tweakability of the emulation is great !
I sure hope they will make more of the controls remotable though. I would've loved to be able to map the sequencer and the available knobs to my launchpad.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

WhiteShark

12 May 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Ugh. So much for saving money this month.

*Edit: tried it, love it. Step recording is a fantastic feature, and this thing sounds amazing when distorted. Would've been nice to have distortion on the unit but it's nothing to chuck an effect in the chain. Very, very cool. And warm! Wait; that's a weird sentence.
Gob-smackingly good emulation...ABL2 was decent but this is another level quality wise!

tiker01

12 May 2015

eauhm wrote:Shop Link : https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -bassline/

I sure hope they will make more of the controls remotable though. I would've loved to be able to map the sequencer and the available knobs to my launchpad. Also.. as this is Reason and the thing includes a sequencer, why no Gate and CV out ?
It does have Gate and CV out. Check the features youtube video on the shop page!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

chimp_spanner

12 May 2015

So it does! I wonder how long the introductory offer will last? So many bills incoming.

pjeudy

12 May 2015

Features
  • Extremely authentic 303 emulation using our ABL3 engine
  • Ultra natural knob response, scaled to match the original 303 precisely
  • Built-in 303/Rebirth style step sequencer with 64 steps
  • Hard sync to the host's transport
  • Supports 4 patterns of 16 steps, 2 patterns of 32 steps or 1 pattern of 64 steps
  • CV/Gate input to control the sound engine externally
  • CV/Gate output to control other Reason devices from the step sequencer
  • CV Modulation inputs for Tuning, Cut Off, Resonance, Envelope Modulation, Decay and Accent
  • Resonance and Gate Time trimmers that allow tweaking the emulation
  • Three different VCO Models
  • Noise settings for VCA Clicks and VCA Noise
  • Pattern modifiers with Random, Alter, Copy and Paste functions
  • Unique vibrato which is activated by setting UP+DOWN on steps. This effect is one of the few extensions to the 303 that we are launching ABL3 with.
  • Full 48 and 96kHz support, which means the engine uses the full bandwidth of the project setting
  • Step Record mode which allows recording patterns via MIDI or the On-Screen Piano Keys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFj-Koyjz1k
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Olivier

12 May 2015

eauhm wrote:Shop Link : https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -bassline/

I sure hope they will make more of the controls remotable though. I would've loved to be able to map the sequencer and the available knobs to my launchpad. Also.. as this is Reason and the thing includes a sequencer, why no Gate and CV out ?
tiker01 wrote: It does have Gate and CV out. Check the features youtube video on the shop page!
So it does. I'm blind.. i stand corrected. post edited!

Lets just say the awesome of this unit blinded my vision for a moment... (but not long enough so i couldn't find the "buy" button :P )

Emian

12 May 2015

the "corrossive" logo on the back is brilliant :)

can't wait to play with it tonight, but this'll likely be an instabuy !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Digitus

12 May 2015

Wow... I really expected an upgrade option here. I already have ABL2 and if I buy ABL3, I know I'll never use ABL2 again. I feel kind of funny about paying that much for another 303 clone made by the same developer when I know the first version will end up sitting there unused. I mean even the developer has removed ABL2 from the shop. I already paid $40.00 for ABL2 and now I'm supposed to pay $70.00 for ABL3?

I don't like making issues out of thin air so if there's something I'm not seeing, I'm open to other perspectives... ;)

EnochLight

12 May 2015

Digitus wrote:Wow... I really expected an upgrade option here. I already have ABL2 and if I buy ABL3, I know I'll never use ABL2 again. I feel kind of funny about paying that much for another 303 clone made by the same developer when I know the first version will end up sitting there unused. I mean even the developer has removed ABL2 from the shop. I already paid $40.00 for ABL2 and now I'm supposed to pay $70.00 for ABL3? 

I don't like making issues out of thin air so if there's something I'm not seeing, I'm open to other perspectives... ;)

Try running the CV out from ABL2 to ABL3; it's awesome. If he had upgraded the product, this couldn't be done.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tiker01

12 May 2015

Digitus wrote:Wow... I really expected an upgrade option here. I already have ABL2 and if I buy ABL3, I know I'll never use ABL2 again. I feel kind of funny about paying that much for another 303 clone made by the same developer when I know the first version will end up sitting there unused. I mean even the developer has removed ABL2 from the shop. I already paid $40.00 for ABL2 and now I'm supposed to pay $70.00 for ABL3? 

I imagine it is due to how the PH shop works. You would loose your ABL2 if it was a direct update. However, if it is a different product here is no easy way to offer a discount to all ABL2 owners.

I thought/hoped they will bundle the two together and give ABL2 away for free to address compatibility issues while they remove it from the shop as a separate product.

Based on AudioRealism`s FB page they will attempt to keep the intro price for the extent of the trial period at least, counting from today. Which would at least be until the end of this month.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

Buddaka

12 May 2015

I'll just stick with ABL2. The sound is the same, no point wasting money on this gadget imo.
If i hook it up to a matrix, i can get pretty much the same results.

chimp_spanner

12 May 2015

Okay genuine question now (and I have looked this time!). Shuffle...where's it at? I think this'd be a bit of a dealbreaker for me. I love shuffle. A little too much, some might say ;)

ncurry

12 May 2015

tiker01 wrote:They just said on Facebook they have some plans with the sticker. Probably it is a placeholder for a knob. Who knows.
Maybe there will be a version for $10 more without the sticker?  :P

mike^audiorealism
RE Developer

12 May 2015

Hi, Mike from AudioRealism here..!  Yes we are charging for this update but there has gone a lot of engineering (trust me, I'm an engineer!) and work into this version, we spent more time on this than any product to date.. And we're hoping that that work shines thru in the quality of the emulation, but it's up to the user to decide. ABL2 cuts it as a 303 emulation in many cases, ABL3 is more about fine detail in the way the knobs respond and the extra emulation tweaking features. Also we could not offer a direct upgrade price to previous ABL2 RE users so we're running an introductory price for a while so that previous users can try the new version and if they decide to upgrade they can do so to a discounted price..!

mike^audiorealism
RE Developer

12 May 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Okay genuine question now (and I have looked this time!). Shuffle...where's it at? I think this'd be a bit of a dealbreaker for me. I love shuffle. A little too much, some might say ;)
Unfortunately no shuffle in the internal sequencer. But don't forget there's a note mode so you can play it as a regular Reason device and use the master shuffle on the note lane..

Biolumin3sc3nt

12 May 2015

After playing with this for roughly 30 minutes so far, I can say this blows ABL2 out of the water. As I expected! But yeah, a global shuffle button like the matrix has would be even cooler. Is that even possible with the SDK right now?

A special price for owners of ABL2 would have been nice, but oh well! I'll still end up getting this.

Fantastic emulation to say the least - I'm very impressed! Tweak on Sista's and Brutha's

Majestik Monkey

12 May 2015

Sound's very nice ... :s0221:

Would love to see "Right click" Pattern to Midi Track . . .
& a Filthy Distortion/Saturator ' Let that Top_End BLEED ....... :s0230:

Never the less, as it is' a wonderful addition to ya rack ....

After thought ! . . . . . . . . .  I wanna hear it say " YA YA " from its own ENGINE ! :crazy:

Olivier

12 May 2015

@mike^audiorealism : Any chance you would make more of the sequencer controls remotable ? (just remotable, not automatable)

electrofux

12 May 2015

eauhm wrote:@mike^audiorealism : Any chance you would make more of the sequencer controls remotable ? (just remotable, not automatable)
Yes please, though you said me in advance that this might not be possible.

Olivier

12 May 2015

eauhm wrote:@mike^audiorealism : Any chance you would make more of the sequencer controls remotable ? (just remotable, not automatable)
electrofux wrote:
Yes please, though you said me in advance that this might not be possible.
When i look at what STEP manages to do (remotable wise with what i'm wildly guessing is a custom display like in abl3... yes, many assumptions here), i get the impression a lot is possible.

MirEko

12 May 2015

Sounds fantastic, I love that it has the step sequencer.
I have always adored the sound of the 303, everybody needs one ;)
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

12 May 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Okay genuine question now (and I have looked this time!). Shuffle...where's it at? I think this'd be a bit of a dealbreaker for me. I love shuffle. A little too much, some might say ;)
mike^audiorealism wrote:
Unfortunately no shuffle in the internal sequencer. But don't forget there's a note mode so you can play it as a regular Reason device and use the master shuffle on the note lane..
No problem - thanks for replying. One final question; for how long will the introductory price last? I'm fairly sure I do want this but life is busy being expensive right now :)

• Information