Possible New RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Spryx

17 Apr 2015

The page is up:
http://www.robpapen.com/vecto-re.html

Wonder what it is... possibly a new synth!

Attachments
ss.png
ss.png (279.67 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
latest:

MDTerps2015

17 Apr 2015

According to his page it is an upcoming rack extension. It gives you no information but its under the rack extension tab. Good job. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

CR68

18 Apr 2015

is it possible that this will be a "part" from the blue2 synth?

look at this video at 7:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqTKKKZOc-I

cheers

Jagwah

18 Apr 2015

I'm guessing a slimmed down for RE version of Blue 2.

riemac

19 Apr 2015

I think a part of Blue II is a good guess.

Look at this blue II Video at this Video at around 5:20

In Blue II it's called Vector Synth and the Name of the new RE is "Vecto-RE".
I don't think this is a coincidence. I hope we will get al the wavetables of Blue II.

Hydrosonic

19 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:I'm guessing a slimmed down for RE version of Blue 2.
As per usual with most REs, cut down poor version of the VST counterpart sadly. And its not exactly just for streamline purposes, its mostly due to RE SDK limitations and GUI limitations.

axis2000

19 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:I'm guessing a slimmed down for RE version of Blue 2.
Hydrosonic wrote:
As per usual with most REs, cut down poor version of the VST counterpart sadly. And its not exactly just for streamline purposes, its mostly due to RE SDK limitations and GUI limitations.
So you wouldn't want a new type of Synth or fx in Reason that hasn't been done before then?

Exowildebeest

19 Apr 2015

Hydrosonic wrote:
Yawn. Aren't we over that by now?

VST has limitations too. I haven't seen the Predator VST version get updated with CV outs recently. It's a matter of perspective.

I'd be very happy to see something new from Rob Papen again. And I'm amazed at their high pace of development and response to feedback. :t2018:

RFX

19 Apr 2015

Exowildebeest wrote: Yawn. Aren't we over that by now?
I agree. People need to stop complaining about Reason and Rack Extensions. Rack Extensions are way more stable than VST, at least that's my personal experience.

@OP, how do you even find pages like that?

electrochoc (PRX-A)

19 Apr 2015

RFX wrote:@OP, how do you even find pages like that?
I don't know how the OP found the page in the first place, but the Vecto-RE page is now simply accessible via the RE menu of the main Rop Papen webpage (maybe you just added it there?).
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Spryx

20 Apr 2015

@RFX

It was a fluke really.. I just bought a Virus TI2 Polar...and I was looking up some RP patches. I am an avid rack extension collector...so anything new from RP excites me. I saw Vecto-RE and went nuts!.

@Hydrosonic

and without giving too much away....the SDK is not the problem anymore really. Yes there are a couple limitations..but very very few left from SDK 1. You do have a point on the GUI stuff, but most developers can work around it if they are willing to put in the work. I think the real hindrance to development is the cut P-Heads take and the market size. Most large developers can not justify the development time vs payoff.

I'm sure whatever it is will be great. I have all but one of the RP rack extensions and they sound good.

latest:

eXode

20 Apr 2015

Spryx wrote:and without giving too much away....the SDK is not the problem anymore really. Yes there are a couple limitations..but very very few left from SDK 1. You do have a point on the GUI stuff, but most developers can work around it if they are willing to put in the work. I think the real hindrance to development is the cut P-Heads take and the market size. Most large developers can not justify the development time vs payoff.
From a GUI/feature perspective it seems that RE's still can't do or feature everything the stock Reason devices can. KONG is a good example of this. But hopefully we'll get there sooner rather than later. :)

Image Image

Spryx

20 Apr 2015

@Exode

The multi panel thing is an issue too. But, I agree PH has responded to developers requests. I love the Rack Extensions written from the ground up specifically for Reason. Reason has a lot of strengths in its own context. I wish a greater number of large developers could see this.
latest:

eXode

20 Apr 2015

Spryx wrote:@Exode

The multi panel thing is an issue too. But, I agree PH has responded to developers requests. I love the Rack Extensions written from the ground up specifically for Reason. Reason has a lot of strengths in its own context. I wish a greater number of large developers could see this.
Yes, and I personally prefer it when developers make devices that fit within Reason and the Rack paradigm over some "forced" port of an existing VST plugin.

I understand that users want Synth X or Effect Y in Reason, I want them too, but I think it's better for the format in the long run to mainly develop instruments and effects that are unique to Reason. :)

MirEko

20 Apr 2015

Once props add sample loading to RE it will be awesome..
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

tiker01

20 Apr 2015

Has anybody reached out to Rob or RCPX to ask them what this Re will do and when?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

SebAudio

20 Apr 2015

eXode wrote:From a GUI/feature perspective it seems that RE's still can't do or feature everything the stock Reason devices can. KONG is a good example of this. But hopefully we'll get there sooner rather than later.
"miniRE" like the modules in Kong ?! That would be great !!

Reasonistas
RE Developer

20 Apr 2015

tiker01 wrote:Has anybody reached out to Rob or RCPX to ask them what this Re will do and when?
Yes, I sent Rob and Jon and email today asking these questions.  I will let you know if they respond and allow info to be shared.
ImageImage

raymondh

20 Apr 2015

I really like that Rob and Jon are embracing the Reason platform.

Predator is great and recently got better, QUAD is a great synth with a lot of sonic variety, and now there's something else in the wind??!! :)

riemac

21 Apr 2015

I have Asket, but the Rob papen Support won't comment at the moment.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2015

Hydrosonic wrote:
You don't even know the fricking synth, how can you talk about limitations... 

ahs

21 Apr 2015

no vector-re !? on the homepage

Ashpool

23 Apr 2015

Yes, seems like the Vecto-RE has been removed again... :?

RPSupport

16 May 2015

Ashpool wrote:Yes, seems like the Vecto-RE has been removed again... :?
More will be revealed nearer the time.
Keep an eye on Rob's Facebook he may post something on there at some point ;)

WhiteShark

16 May 2015

As taken from a message on Rob's FB page - very interesting!!

"Any information on what is Vectro and when it might be released?"

1Like · Comment

• Information