Noxious synthesizer - Try again!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
zvork

13 Feb 2015

For those of you who would like to re-try our Noxious synthesizer for the Rack Extension platform, we have good news. If you have tried an old version prior to version 1.5, the trial period has been reset meaning... you can try it again for a 30 day period.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/noxious/

mcatalao
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2015

Hi,

Your site has a price of 59 € and in the Propellerhead site, it's 69 eur! Can you confirm?

Cheers,
MC

zvork

13 Feb 2015

Yes sorry that was a mistake on our website. Fixed.
On a general rule, the real price is the one shown on the Propellerhead Shop.

motuscott

13 Feb 2015

Wait! Is this the tip of the much requested RE trial reset iceberg?
Mind = blown
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

tibah

13 Feb 2015

Good news indeed, being able to retrial REs! :)

East Island

13 Feb 2015

That's good news, retrial for REs  :s0221:

A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

electrochoc (PRX-A)

13 Feb 2015

This is fantastic! Noxious was one of the REs that deserved the most for its trials to be resetted! And I'm not saying that as someone who wanted to retry Noxious, but as someone who owns Noxious since its first version! Many features that were added through the different updates are now the ones I use the most when I use Noxious. And its DSP load has been widely improved at some point: it's no longer the concern it was with the first version!

Great news indeed! :D
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Heater

13 Feb 2015

Has hell frozen over.  Retrying RE's.  Wow.

eusti

13 Feb 2015

Great news! But I seem to recall that this is now the second time that the trial period has been reset for an RE...
The first time was some kind of CV thingie I think...

D.

Edit: And it seems Air Raid Audio's devices had a reset as well.

Arrant
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2015

AirRaid had the first retry I'm aware of.

Good news this about Noxious, will retry at some point.

frog974new

13 Feb 2015

nice gesture and good news .
after my review http://dart-frog-music.tumblr.com/post/ ... -du-charme
i'll take time to make some free patch

EnochLight

13 Feb 2015

zvork wrote: For those of you who would like to re-try our Noxious synthesizer for the Rack Extension platform, we have good news. If you have tried an old version prior to version 1.5, the trial period has been reset meaning... you can try it again for a 30 day period.
Any chance you would consider redoing the particle display as an interactive custom display widget, as well as making the mod envelope into a interactive custom display that can be dragged/controlled?   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

zvork

13 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Any chance you would consider redoing the particle display as an interactive custom display widget, as well as making the mod envelope into a interactive custom display that can be dragged/controlled?   ;)
Well... it certainly is possible but at the moment, no, we're not considering it.

EnochLight

13 Feb 2015

zvork wrote:Well... it certainly is possible but at the moment, no, we're not considering it.
OK, thanks for responding!

*sad panda

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Majestik Monkey

13 Feb 2015

• "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of NOXIOUS is like administering medicine to the dead."  ENOUCHBRITE  :s0221:  . . . PS ITS A BRILLIANT SYNTH FOR THE BIG TWIST SYNTHESIS FACTOR . . . . .

X1Lo

13 Feb 2015

Thanks!  I've been wanting to give Noxious another shot for quite some time :)

Edit:  I just realized I must of trialed the 1.5 version because the product page still says Tried.  Even though this retrial doesn't apply to me I do think it is an awesome thing for you to do for the people who tried it in the past.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

pjeudy

13 Feb 2015

Big smile on my face right now !! I remember when hardcore PUF users always said if 30 days is good enough for them, it should be enough for us :-)

Zvork I will definitely give this another spin, now that I have a slightly better understanding of what to expect from additive synthesis!
YES Retries make $ens !!

Also every single Rack Extension should be able to be retried after 365-366 days!!! Why not after that long?!?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eXode

13 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote: For those of you who would like to re-try our Noxious synthesizer for the Rack Extension platform, we have good news. If you have tried an old version prior to version 1.5, the trial period has been reset meaning... you can try it again for a 30 day period.
zvork wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Well... it certainly is possible but at the moment, no, we're not considering it.
zvork wrote:
OK, thanks for responding!

*sad panda
In all fairness, Olivier/Zvork has already released several awesome FREE updates to Noxious.

I'm guessing that there's more work/money involved than just "slapping on an interactive display widget". Maybe in a paid 2.0 update in an undetermined future? :)

EnochLight

13 Feb 2015

eXode wrote:In all fairness, Olivier/Zvork has already released several awesome FREE updates to Noxious.

I'm guessing that there's more work/money involved than just "slapping on an interactive display widget". Maybe in a paid 2.0 update in an undetermined future? :)
Oh no doubt.  I would certainly pay for that!
Majestik Monkey wrote:ENOUCHBRITE  :s0221:  . . . 

Rice

13 Feb 2015

This is GREAT, re-downloading as we speak :D

zeebot

13 Feb 2015

That is great news! Had fun using it for the Noxious Song Challenge but really didn't get on with the synth.
There have been a lot of improvements to it since then so another trial is useful.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Lizard

14 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Any chance you would consider redoing the particle display as an interactive custom display widget, as well as making the mod envelope into a interactive custom display that can be dragged/controlled?   ;)
Would be cool.  But I'm thinking adding that kind of capability may make this device an SDK 2 device making all those who purchased it and running 6.5 really really really sad pandas.

selig
RE Developer

14 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Any chance you would consider redoing the particle display as an interactive custom display widget, as well as making the mod envelope into a interactive custom display that can be dragged/controlled?   ;)
Lizard wrote:
Would be cool.  But I'm thinking adding that kind of capability may make this device an SDK 2 device making all those who purchased it and running 6.5 really really really sad pandas.
They would only be sad that they didn't have access to the new displays, but otherwise nothing else would change, right? It's not like SDK1 REs stop working when SDK2 versions are released.

Having fun with the ReTrial, and I can honestly say it will likely lead to a sale - which is exactly why folks on both sides (users and developers) have been asking for this functionality for years!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

14 Feb 2015

Lizard wrote:Would be cool.  But I'm thinking adding that kind of capability may make this device an SDK 2 device making all those who purchased it and running 6.5 really really really sad pandas.
There's people still on 6.5?!   :P :crazy: :rofl:

Lizard

14 Feb 2015

selig wrote: They would only be sad that they didn't have access to the new displays, but otherwise nothing else would change, right? It's not like SDK1 REs stop working when SDK2 versions are released.

:)
I stand corrected.  Yes.  All should work.... except the custom displays.  Still sad pandas.  Kind of like having a Sony Playstation like all your friends but only having an old tube television to play it on. 

• Information