Kilohearts Toolbox in da house

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marco Raaphorst

28 Oct 2016

Chorus can do some nice Vibrato. Pulsy Sweep.

ljekio

28 Oct 2016

Anders_kiloHearts wrote: Recommend using RPG-8 for turning midi into usable CV (but in the long run we'd like to add midi support directly to the devices where applicable).
Hello, Anders
Thanks for nice RE's, I have small question.
Combinator's programmer have option "receive notes" and stock fx devices like filter ECF-42 can receive midi notes from Combinator directly.
Can RE FX do it?
It might be very useful for filters and for resonator with ring modulator.
Last edited by ljekio on 28 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Bonkhead

28 Oct 2016

Anders_kiloHearts wrote:You rang?

November 2nd ;)
Oh boy ... there goes my monies :redface:
thanks for all the tools, best Re deal ever :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

28 Oct 2016

ljekio wrote:
Anders_kiloHearts wrote: Recommend using RPG-8 for turning midi into usable CV (but in the long run we'd like to add midi support directly to the devices where applicable).
Hello, Anders
Thanks for nice RE's, I have small question.
Combinator's programmer have option "receive notes" and stock fx devices like filter ECF-42 can receive midi notes from Combinator directly.
Can RE FX do it?
It might be very useful for filters and for resonator with ring modulator.
The FX can have midi tracks of their own and receive midi directly, so it shouldn't be a problem technically. We just need to sort out some design/functionality choices.

joeyluck

28 Oct 2016

Logismos wrote:
joeyluck wrote:I'm not too familiar with Thor and it's programming...
:oops: Long time reason user? since v.1is it?? and still not familiar how to use thor? :oops:

:thumbs_up: for extra tools.
Haha yup! And I very rarely use Thor.

dvdrtldg

28 Oct 2016

Can someone tell me if Tape Stop is a huge improvement on the tape stop/start function in Sononics GSX? I can't trial it at the moment because the Props shop page is having a bad hair day. But if all it does is adjustable stop/start then I'll stick with GSX

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:Can someone tell me if Tape Stop is a huge improvement on the tape stop/start function in Sononics GSX? I can't trial it at the moment because the Props shop page is having a bad hair day. But if all it does is adjustable stop/start then I'll stick with GSX
Here's a video quickly showing it. The tape stop part starts at 5:52.

TheGuyNotNamedBob

29 Oct 2016

Is the ReFill supposed to be only for the full toolbox? Because the shop won't let me purchase it, and the talk here made it sound like it should work without everything.

Thanks!

joeyluck

29 Oct 2016

dvdrtldg wrote:Can someone tell me if Tape Stop is a huge improvement on the tape stop/start function in Sononics GSX? I can't trial it at the moment because the Props shop page is having a bad hair day. But if all it does is adjustable stop/start then I'll stick with GSX
kHs Tape Stop can have a stop/start time of 0ms (GSX I believe is 20ms).
Unlike GSX, kHs Tape Stop also has an adjustable curve and CV inputs for play, stop time, start time, and curve. And... THE GRAPHICS! :D
It also sounds better to my ears.

Creativemind

29 Oct 2016

If you buy either the vst or the Re, if you e-mail them you can get the other (I think), oh actually reading it again, it's just a deal and students get 30% off. Happy Days :-)
Attachments
Khs Discount.JPG
Khs Discount.JPG (54.93 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

ljekio

30 Oct 2016

Good example for other vendors who have same vst and re versions :)

geronimo

30 Oct 2016

Synapse has the same cross policy .

gak

05 Nov 2016

Always interested in filters. I'll demo soon.

But, the stereo thingy is the most interesting because to my memory, reason is lacking here.

Still, the "demos" that I've heard are too basic. Even though the price is right, there should be demos of each of these.

ohmygoff

05 Nov 2016

Wow. Intro price doesn't last even as long as the trial period. kHearts lost a customer for the bundle a minute ago...

Edit: @Props - please make info on duration of 'intro pricing' mandatory.

tobypearce

06 Nov 2016

Hi,

This is a great bundle. To be honest with this, and some of the new synths like Expanse and the Legend, Reason is feeling a very mature and natural environment to work in now. Thanks!

I have a question about the delay. Is ping pong working? I can't seem to get a stereo effect other than by using pan. (I'm using a stereo input source.)
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Bonkhead

06 Nov 2016

ohmygoff wrote:Edit: @Props - please make info on duration of 'intro pricing' mandatory.
I agree, but it was mentioned in this very tread (nov 2nd) and on props facebook too.
Still, i was asking because it wasn't on the propshop.

dioxide

06 Nov 2016

Count me in with the people who missed the intro offer. Maybe Black Friday then?

ohmygoff

06 Nov 2016

Bonkhead wrote:I agree, but it was mentioned in this very tread (nov 2nd) and on props facebook too.
Still, i was asking because it wasn't on the propshop.
If I may say so - I don't give a funk about Props' facebook site, as i don't regard it as an "official" company site as long as it's hosted by a third party. The same goes for threads on this forum, as users may or may not read them, depending on how often they come here etc.

At the moment, the only "official" Props' outlet is their shop page, and this is where I'd like to read about intro pricings etc.

tobypearce

07 Nov 2016

Congratulations on the compressor. All the plugins have a similar gui, and that means there's no space for a nice-looking analogue meter like in the RE2A. But that hasn't stopped you making a meter that is incredibly responsive and useful. It's especially easy to visualise what changing the release time does to the sound. It's very helpful - thank-you.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Djstarski

07 Nov 2016

tobypearce wrote:Hi,

I have a question about the delay. Is ping pong working? I can't seem to get a stereo effect other than by using pan. (I'm using a stereo input source.)
To get the ping pong effect turn the pan knob left or right then turn on ping pong . Your letting the delay know where to start first either left or right .

hope that helps

nikolafeve

08 Nov 2016

Hello Anders, here's some suggestions:

Stereo: a marker on the gui to see the center
Filter and lader filter : X/Y display to move simultaneously cutoff and resonance, please!!!
Reverb: predelay
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

TheGodOfRainbows

13 Nov 2016

Thank you for the fRee Res!!!! I LOVE the gui design. So minimal and easy on my eyeballs. Very nice stuff. :thumbs_up: :D

Voyager

13 Dec 2016

Anders_kiloHearts wrote:The Stereo device does not add any stereo content (except panning) to a mono signal, it only enhances or reduces the stereo content that is already there.
So it's working as a mid/side ?

Loque

13 Dec 2016

Voyager wrote:
Anders_kiloHearts wrote:The Stereo device does not add any stereo content (except panning) to a mono signal, it only enhances or reduces the stereo content that is already there.
So it's working as a mid/side ?
Not as a splitter, only increase/decrease side volume or reduce the stereo field. But a split on the back would be a nice addition.
Reason12, Win10

• Information