Nostromo Synth is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

10 Oct 2016

martynx wrote:
Skullture wrote:And the Panda Power Bundle seems to have disappeared from the shop too.

geronimo

23 Oct 2016

Ouf ! Not so easy to learn at first but with the examples of the manual, it's work fine and interesting . :puf_smile:

moofi

10 Jun 2022

Just trialing Nostromo. Only experimented with Rostnomo before. Was already very impressed by then, now being able to customise the results of the randomise feature along all that functionality makes it an amazingly experimental synth besides programming it from scratch. Randomise makes it very quick and easy to generate/modify sounds. It´s like a musical wonderbox.

Saying, this morning before going to bed I saved around 25 patches and because I was telling a friend about me playing with Nostromo at that time I went for creating a demo piece for him with 18 of those patches (the rest didn´t really fit).

It consists of three subsequencial parts that naturally flew into each other while adding futher patches to the track. The sounds are bascially the way they came. Sometimes a little bit of tweaking yet not much. The effects are Nostromo´s onboard ones adjusted to fit in the mix. Except for leveling and lowpass filtering one sound with Forgotten Clank´s Omega Trimmer, no further editing. Could use some EQing + possibly a little compression along overall editing, yet for a demo/testdrive I wanted to keep it mostly the way it came.

https://hearthis.at/moofi/nostromonous/

SebAudio

11 Jun 2022

Benedict wrote:
07 Jun 2016
selig wrote:
+1 to all this, especially the "cramped" comment. It looks like an exercise in "how small can we make it". Compare it to Parsec, for example. Parsec COULD have been made the same size, but instead it has an open relaxed feel IMO. Even the Mod Matrix in Nostrum is shrunk down to the smallest possible size, vertically speaking. The icons at the right of each oscillator are impossible to discern to me (and the lack of tool tips doesn't help!), and the wave text (on the far right side) is also painfully small. If there were some advantage for it to be this cramped, I'd understand (is there something I'm overlooking?), but it just doesn't make sense IMO. It just feels like every square centimeter has been filled, with little exception - but that's not anything that's going to stop me from making a purchase, and I do like the pads for sure (sound is king!). The UI "feeling" is something that may mean I spend less time programming it if I don't get drawn in to it. :)
+1 first impression is cramped rather than flowing. I prefer to feel flowing as I dive for sounds. Cramped makes me stressed.

That said the sound engine seems really great. VST quality even ;) LOL

:)
Sorry to bump the UI subject, but this synth’s sound is so great and the price so friendly :clap: I can’t help myself wishing for an « airy » UI as said above (and a revised color scheme)

Loque

11 Jun 2022

No problem with the UI here, i like it. Strangley i like it compared to the Rob Papen synths. The only points why i do not use it that much is the points i mentioned quite a few times:
* Table modulation clicks when goes beyond the outer slots, because there is NO fading
* No copy&paste between oscillator
Reason12, Win10

moofi

11 Jun 2022

If I remember correctly that´s what the 9th slot is for, so you could double the first in there hence the borders do not matter anymore?
Loque wrote:
11 Jun 2022
[...]
* Table modulation clicks when goes beyond the outer slots, because there is NO fading
[...]

Loque

11 Jun 2022

moofi wrote:
11 Jun 2022
If I remember correctly that´s what the 9th slot is for, so you could double the first in there hence the borders do not matter anymore?
Loque wrote:
11 Jun 2022
[...]
[...]
Hum...yea, doubling the wave could be a solution, but mehhh...why?
Reason12, Win10

moofi

11 Jun 2022

Think it was some technical reason, hence the 9th slot.
Loque wrote:
11 Jun 2022
moofi wrote:
11 Jun 2022

Hum...yea, doubling the wave could be a solution, but mehhh...why?

• Information