Predator not loading

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deepndark

07 Apr 2017

I wanted to open songs with Reason 8.3 - that have Predator in it, but I can't. (Anymore).
I own it and have the latest version installed. Now I have "missing device" in the rack.
WTF??

Olivier

07 Apr 2017

Reload your RE licenses from your account, if that doesn't help delete Predator through the authorizer and reinstall it.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

deepndark

07 Apr 2017

Olivier wrote:Reload your RE licenses from your account, if that doesn't help delete Predator through the authorizer and reinstall it.
I already did it, I deleted it from authorizer and reinstalled, no luck.
I just tested and it works for Reason 9.2.

rcbuse
RE Developer

07 Apr 2017

The newest version of predatorRE was built with the new SDK, so its only going to work in 9.2

deepndark

07 Apr 2017

rcbuse wrote:The newest version of predatorRE was built with the new SDK, so its only going to work in 9.2
But I have Line6 amps in these songs and can't.

deepndark

07 Apr 2017

One solution could be that the new version of Predator would be a sparate install as propably the Props won't bring the Line 6 back.

Loque

07 Apr 2017

deepndark wrote:
rcbuse wrote:The newest version of predatorRE was built with the new SDK, so its only going to work in 9.2
Wow...bad case. That sucks.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

07 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:
deepndark wrote:
Wow...bad case. That sucks.
Yup, a bad case and should be solved as I'm sure lots of the people have the same situation. Half of my songs that I care about have this situation.

evolve187

07 Apr 2017

You could bounce to audio the stuff using line 6 amps then import that audio into a version using 9.2.

unless you are using the line 6 on predator in 8.3...then you're hooped.
Last edited by evolve187 on 07 Apr 2017, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

deepndark

07 Apr 2017

evolve187 wrote:You could bounce to audio the stuff using line 6 amps then import that audio into a version using 9.2.

unless you are using the line 6 on predator in 8.3...then you're hooped.
I've been aware that I can bounce them to audio, and that's what I'm doing now. Usually there's only one Line 6 per project so it's gonna be easy, cheers! :thumbs_up: :cool:

househoppin09

07 Apr 2017

Time for me to do my broken record thing again: this is not an acceptable situation, and it will keep getting exponentially worse over the coming months and years. The Props simply must come up with some kind of compromise or resolution for this. Simple solution: each installed version of Reason gets its own separate Rack Extension folder, so that different RE versions can be used with each installed version of Reason. Something like that is going to have to happen, period. I spent hundreds of dollars on POD Farm Platinum, it works beautifully for my purposes, and I have no intentions of ever abandoning it. Honestly, I may just never upgrade Reason again if this isn't addressed somehow.

• Information