RE Edit | Release

This forum is for developers of Rack Extensions to discuss the RE SDK, share code, and offer tips to other developers.
pongasoft
RE Developer

20 Aug 2023

Minor update RE Edit 1.6.1

Release notes:

- Use a button (rather than a menu) for resizing the panel
- Added "Show Performance" menu entry to always show (resp. hide) the performance
- Added new icons, especially for widget visibility to make it clear that the user has manually changed it
- Fixed "Escape key" closes the application

Added video demonstrating how to apply effects to multiple widgets:

pongasoft
RE Developer

29 Aug 2023

Just released 1.6.2

Release notes:

- Added "Commit All Effects", at the widget level as well as at the global level, to be able to remove all `re_edit_*` entries from `device_2D.lua` once the effects are applied (permanent/no more undo)
- Added concept of notifications to inform the user of important messages
- Fixed instances where RE Edit would generate duplicate names
- Some performance improvements (textures are removed from the GPU when deleted)

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 05.45.34.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 05.45.34.png (14.73 KiB) Viewed 3768 times

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2023

Brilliant tool.

One small issue I'm having is that for some reason, Re Edit does not like my use of math.pow() . So I have to add a few lines with a phony math object to be able to open my info.lua file (then comment it out/delete afterwards).

pongasoft
RE Developer

27 Sep 2023

avasopht wrote:
27 Sep 2023
Brilliant tool.

One small issue I'm having is that for some reason, Re Edit does not like my use of math.pow() . So I have to add a few lines with a phony math object to be able to open my info.lua file (then comment it out/delete afterwards).
math.pow has been removed from lua (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/531 ... a#53184232). Simply replace with ^ and it will just work (math.pow(x,y) => x^ y)

Yan

avasopht
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2023

pongasoft wrote:
27 Sep 2023
avasopht wrote:
27 Sep 2023
Brilliant tool.

math.pow has been removed from lua (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/531 ... a#53184232). Simply replace with ^ and it will just work (math.pow(x,y) => x^ y)

Yan
Oh right, thanks :thumbs_up:

pongasoft
RE Developer

12 Feb 2024

Just released a new RE Edit version 1.6.3:

* Fixed issue with contrast not being saved

• Information