Drum Sequencer is a couple of tracks short of useful

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
PhillipOrdonez

25 Jun 2023

RandomNoise wrote:
25 Jun 2023
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jun 2023

If you go to the right side where the 100% will play thingy is, and slide it all the way down past 0% you are presented with a few x:x conditions.
Not related to this thread, but I just listened to your Objekt submission in the signature, really cool track! very groovy :thumbup:
Thanks, Random Noise 😊

selig
RE Developer

25 Jun 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jun 2023
selig wrote:
24 Jun 2023

I have PolyStep, and just checked the manual and can’t find anything on “conditions” - is the feature you’re talking about called conditions or something else?
I DID find a command to duplicate the current pattern into all four variations, so that helps speed up the process of using Variations for longer sequences.
If you go to the right side where the 100% will play thingy is, and slide it all the way down past 0% you are presented with a few x:x conditions.
Well would you look at that? Never knew it was there, skiimmed the manual and found nothing - thanks for the heads up!
Now if they would just do the same for Drum Sequencer where it’s REALLY needed that would be nice…
Selig Audio, LLC

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jun 2023

selig wrote:
25 Jun 2023
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jun 2023

Well would you look at that? Never knew it was there, skiimmed the manual and found nothing - thanks for the heads up!
Now if they would just do the same for Drum Sequencer where it’s REALLY needed that would be nice…
Yes! And hopefully done right, with at least every combination til 4:4, though ideally every combination til 8:8.

selig
RE Developer

25 Jun 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jun 2023
selig wrote:
25 Jun 2023

Yes! And hopefully done right, with at least every combination til 4:4, though ideally every combination til 8:8.
Ultimately would the best system be one where you enter the two numbers separately, which would allow more combinations and shorter lists? For the full 8:8 you would have a list of 64 options, but if each were separate you’d just have to lists of 8. Which means 16:16 or even 32:32 would not be out of the question with the ‘2 digit’ option but with one long list you’d have 256 or 1024 options to scroll through! (Hopefully my math is correct…)
Selig Audio, LLC

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jun 2023

selig wrote:
25 Jun 2023
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
25 Jun 2023

Ultimately would the best system be one where you enter the two numbers separately, which would allow more combinations and shorter lists? For the full 8:8 you would have a list of 64 options, but if each were separate you’d just have to lists of 8. Which means 16:16 or even 32:32 would not be out of the question with the ‘2 digit’ option but with one long list you’d have 256 or 1024 options to scroll through! (Hopefully my math is correct…)
Fyi, I just counted 35 options for an 8:8 from my elektron sequencer.

• Information