Mixer sections visible in the rack view (on demand)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
mrj1nx

26 May 2015

I would like to use the mixer features more than I do, like the EQ for example. But I have to go to another screen to tweak it (since I spend 99% of my time tweaking in the rack view since most of the knobs are there.) What if I could bring up the EQ knobs from the mix channel in the rack view (could be a foldout section on the mix channel unit in the rack), so I can use that instead of adding a RE or MClass EQ. (I know I can use the spectrum view from the rack view, still don't think that's so easy to use, the controls are too unclear)

This could also be done with the send effects and compressor etc...

tiker01

26 May 2015

Not a bad idea at all.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 May 2015

Have you considered splitting you EQ this way?

1. EQ at the Instrument in the Rack during the composing stage
2. EQ using the Spectrum view or the whole SSL (F5) view when Mixing

This way you get to to work in the Rack when you want and the use the SSL for when it is most relevant.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

selig
RE Developer

26 May 2015

mrj1nx wrote:I would like to use the mixer features more than I do, like the EQ for example. But I have to go to another screen to tweak it (since I spend 99% of my time tweaking in the rack view since most of the knobs are there.) What if I could bring up the EQ knobs from the mix channel in the rack view (could be a foldout section on the mix channel unit in the rack), so I can use that instead of adding a RE or MClass EQ. (I know I can use the spectrum view from the rack view, still don't think that's so easy to use, the controls are too unclear)

This could also be done with the send effects and compressor etc...
Interesting you see the spectrum view as being MORE unclear…I see your point 100% but most others would disagree!   ;)

It would also be handy to have the sends in the Rack view by the same logic, and the compression/expansion as well, and eventually the entire mixer I would guess (and the sequencer as well, since you are in the Rack view 99% of the time). ;)

But at the end of the day, you need some sort of separation between mixer (and sequencer) and rack view or there's absolutely no need for the mixer view at all. 

I would suggest that the Spectrum EQ button in the Rack is how the Props have chosen to address this issue for now, and that it's probably not going to change any time soon because of that.
Selig Audio, LLC

jam-s

26 May 2015

I agree with Selig, but one thing I constantly wonder about is this:

Why did they put the channel fader on the mix channel rack device instead of the gain knob?

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 May 2015

jam-s wrote:I agree with Selig, but one thing I constantly wonder about is this: Why did they put the channel fader on the mix channel rack device instead of the gain knob?
Now that I would like

except it would likely be more clutter (and damage market for Selig's Gain RE)

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information