Return cursor to last position on stop

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
keys

02 May 2017

absolutely crucial for overdubbing and editing.

Olivier

02 May 2017

keys wrote:absolutely crucial for overdubbing and editing.
Allready available ;)

Press stop a second time after you stopped recording/playback and it will go back to the position you started your previous recording/playback from.
example.gif
example.gif (55.74 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
You cannot see the second click here, but the order of buttons pressed is: record (recording starts), record(recording stops, playhead still going), stop(playhead stops), stop(playhead moves to position of last time it started to move).

So basically, double tapping Shift-Return or 0 (on your numerical keyboard) does what you want.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

keys

02 May 2017

Olivier wrote:
Allready available ;)

Press stop a second time after you stopped recording/playback and it will go back to the position you started your previous recording/playback from.

example.gif

You cannot see the second click here, but the order of buttons pressed is: record (recording starts), record(recording stops, playhead still going), stop(playhead stops), stop(playhead moves to position of last time it started to move).

So basically, double tapping Shift-Return or 0 (on your numerical keyboard) does what you want.
Thank you Olivier for your reply, hitting rec and 0 twice does return cursor to last position. The problem is that I hit 0 more than once often. :)

Olivier

02 May 2017

keys wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Allready available ;)

example.gif

Thank you Olivier for your reply, hitting rec and 0 twice does return cursor to last position. The problem is that I hit 0 more than once often. :)
That can happen. What you can do in such a case is that you select the part you just created and press "p". Reason will then set the locators around what you just selected and start loop playing. Then you can easily do another take on that region. Not sure if that fits your workflow, but you can try :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

keys

02 May 2017

Olivier wrote:
keys wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Allready available ;)

example.gif

That can happen. What you can do in such a case is that you select the part you just created and press "p". Reason will then set the locators around what you just selected and start loop playing. Then you can easily do another take on that region. Not sure if that fits your workflow, but you can try :)
Thanks for the extra tip, I'll give it a try.

• Information