Slice Edit every quarter note?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Bytebait

04 May 2024

I would like to record a range of notes played from my outboard modular setup then Slice Edit every quarter note to bounce them into NN-XT.

Is there a way to auto Slice at a specified Quantized amount without having to manually make the cut ?

jam-s

04 May 2024

I have not tried it, but using the razor tool with the right snap setting could work when dragging it along the clip.

rorystorm

04 May 2024

it's a little fiddly but afaik this is the best method.

import the audio
open it in slice edit
select all the slices (control A)
and delete.

set the snap to 1/4 (or whatever other quantization you need)
and here's the tedious part. you'll have to go through and manually draw the individual slices markers in on each 1/4 note. if there's a faster way of doing this bit I'd really like to know.

right click the clip while it's still open in slice edit and in the Bounce sub menu, click Bounce clip to REX loop. it'll save a REX version of your loop with the slices you've drawn in place in the All Self-contained Samples folder for the song.

Open NNXT. drag your rex loop over to NNXT from the self contained samples folder and it will load all the slices as individual samples, mapped across the keyboard.

and boom. you're done.

Bytebait

04 May 2024

Ha, the manual slices was the part I was hoping to automate. Alright, thanks guys. Worth the effort to ask.

rorystorm

05 May 2024

yeah nah, I did a bit of a rtfm and as far as I can see there's no way of doing that.
who knows what the future holds tho....

• Information