Akai MPK mini mk3 vs Arturia Minilab 3

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
spacepluk

16 Apr 2024

I'm looking for a small controller for traveling and to have on the desk, and these two look like good options for Reason. The Akai comes with 6months of Reason+ which is very interesting but it looks like the integration on the Arturia is a lot better. Anybody has the Akai and can comment on the integration? Does the lcd screen show the parameter/patch names and stuff like that?

Thanks!

Theo.M

17 Apr 2024

I know the Reason 6 months is tempting but the Arturia literally has a Reason preset script to work with it. That's my pick for Reason cause of that, and the Arpeggiator/chord mode on the Arturia looks more advanced IMO.

spacepluk

18 Apr 2024

Thanks Theo, I ended up going with the Akai because it's smaller and I figured that the 6months of Reason+ pretty turn it into a free keyboard for me :mrgreen:

I'll report back about how bad the integration is hehe

spacepluk

24 Apr 2024

So the integration in the Akai is a lot better than I expected! Sure it doesn’t have feedback on the lcd… but I really like that you can jump to different parameter groups with the pads and it has completely changed my perception of reason’s remote system.

• Information