Move tracks with blocks from one reason project to another

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
robussc

15 Apr 2024

Note: I'm sure this has been asked before so I'm sorry for the likely duplicate!

This weekend I went back to an old project that I really like but never finished and moved it over to my new template in order to get it better organized so that I can work on completing it. I managed it, but I won't say it was easy though I think it would have been much easier if I'd not used blocks?

So my question is, assuming I want to do this again(!), is there a "right" way to transfer tracks between projects with blocks?

(Probably an added problem is that the block ordering on the source project was different from the target project! Perhaps making sure those lined up would have helped?)
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

pushedbutton

15 Apr 2024

You have the option to right click on a block/multiple blocks and select 'Convert Block Clips to Song Clips' which put all the data back in the standard sequencer or you can copy the blocks from one track to another without too much fuss. As far as the best way to approach it, that's up to you.
You might also find it useful to know that you can offset the start point of a block, but that's a little off topic.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

robussc

15 Apr 2024

pushedbutton wrote:
15 Apr 2024
You have the option to right click on a block/multiple blocks and select 'Convert Block Clips to Song Clips' which put all the data back in the standard sequencer or you can copy the blocks from one track to another without too much fuss. As far as the best way to approach it, that's up to you.
You might also find it useful to know that you can offset the start point of a block, but that's a little off topic.
I see. That would make changes to the original project, but I could easily duplicate it before doing that. Then do as you say and copy the resulting tracks (then reblock-ify if needed).

Thanks!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

• Information