Hi any idea reason has global bypass

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Gulale

11 May 2023

I was creating a mixing session tutorial video using Reason and I couldn't find a way to globally bypass for before and after. Any idea? much appreciated. No big deal if there is not, I will just import the whole session and edit it in Davinci but if you have a solution to that I will appreciate it.
Gulale aka Bereket

selig
RE Developer

11 May 2023

I’m assuming you need to bypass multiple mixer channel’s inserts, possibly including the master insert? A bit cumbersome, but for a tutorial you can ‘fake’ it by automating all the channel inserts to bypass together. You should be able to copy/paste to speed things up. It won’t be a real time bypass, but for a tutorial it shouldn’t matter.
Your idea of just editing it in DiVinci isn’t totally crazy either, fwiw. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

crimsonwarlock

12 May 2023

If you just want to compare to the starting point of your mix, just export the song at that point and load it into a separate track. If you mute that track, you can switch between the original mix track and your current mix state with the solo button on that track.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information