Reason 12.2.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Pepin

22 Dec 2021

Majestik Monkey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
EnochLight wrote:
22 Dec 2021

Curious - can you check and see if Reason 12.2.3 is using your GPU?
Hi EnochLight ' Sorry i am late to the question , Thanks for asking Bud , i do know that on this machine ' i am using the onboard Graffix card !
The machine is a
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz 16 gig Ram ' isn't the GPU the Graffix card anyway ? How do i check if Reason is using the GPU ' Thank's :)
I think you can check the "GPU" column for the Reason process in Task Manager.
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/ ... k-manager/

Might not work for older graphics cards.

jam-s

22 Dec 2021

Majestik Monkey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
EnochLight wrote:
22 Dec 2021

Curious - can you check and see if Reason 12.2.3 is using your GPU?
Hi EnochLight ' Sorry i am late to the question , Thanks for asking Bud , i do know that on this machine ' i am using the onboard Graffix card !
The machine is a
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz 16 gig Ram ' isn't the GPU the Graffix card anyway ?
And that might be the problem:

While your system meets the minimum requirements your CPU is barely making the recomended minimum of 4000 CPU Benchmark points.
In addition to this the onboard GPU is most likely not powerful enough (or only supports too old shader versions, or Reason is not optimised for it) and thus the UI is a slugfest (even more so when additional stress from screen recording hits).

EnochLight

23 Dec 2021

jam-s wrote:
22 Dec 2021
While your system meets the minimum requirements your CPU is barely making the recommended minimum of 4000 CPU Benchmark points
Where are you seeing a recommended minimum of 4000 CPU Benchmark points? That link you posted just said "Intel or AMD multi-core processor"...

But I'll admit his CPU is crazy old/slow, even worse than my 3770k (which scores 6436 versus his 4079). His CPU will be almost 12 years old in a minute:

oooooooooooooold_boy.GIF
oooooooooooooold_boy.GIF (192.8 KiB) Viewed 6796 times
Majestik Monkey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
but the indexing starts again until i reboot again
Yeah, sounds like you're caught in the infinite indexing loop bug that I'm suffering from as well. My SSD is maxed out to 100% disk use, even if I let Reason just sit idle for a few hours. Sucks.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

bigguy1

23 Dec 2021

You could get a hint if you are really in an infinity loop when you have a look at the index file. When the file size is growing, I would not expect an infinity loop. Btw. my samples folder is something over 1TB and it took several ours to build the index.

plasticfractal

23 Dec 2021

I don't know if this is due to the update, but ever since I updated I can no longer see any of my Waves plugins. Is anyone else having this problem? I checked and I still have the waves folder included in the search directories, they just don't appear for me anymore.

Arrant
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2021

plasticfractal wrote:
23 Dec 2021
I don't know if this is due to the update, but ever since I updated I can no longer see any of my Waves plugins. Is anyone else having this problem? I checked and I still have the waves folder included in the search directories, they just don't appear for me anymore.
Waves plugins work here with the latest R12. However their GUI handling is very bad, much slower than in R11 and I can hardly control them.

plasticfractal

23 Dec 2021

Arrant wrote:
23 Dec 2021
plasticfractal wrote:
23 Dec 2021
Waves plugins work here with the latest R12. However their GUI handling is very bad, much slower than in R11 and I can hardly control them.
They were working for me in R12 as well, but after this latest update, they just don't appear any more at all in my browser for some reason.

plasticfractal

23 Dec 2021

One very minor bug that seems to have appear in 12.2.3, when exporting audio it doesn't remember the format you used last time. It just defaults to aif for me now even though I always use wav. NOt a big deal, but I keep accidentally exportingf aif files because I'm not used to having to manually select wav every time.

Neo

23 Dec 2021

The good:
-Indexing/search.
-Waves UI working better. /Can we get side-chain working*?
user dancing fool shared this reply from waves in 2018: "Please note that this is not a bug since sidechaining is supported on the following hosts: Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, Audition, Ableton Live, FL Studio 12, REAPER, and Studio One, as stated in our Supported Hosts page."
The Annoying:
-Collapsible folders.. can we get a fix please? My Fave lists are out of control.

Look forward to future updates.. Cheers ladies and gents.
🎄🎅 och God Jul - Buon Natale - Merry Xmas to all.. even the CEO! :D
Santa LP.jpg
Santa LP.jpg (78.96 KiB) Viewed 6615 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

jam-s

23 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
23 Dec 2021
jam-s wrote:
22 Dec 2021
While your system meets the minimum requirements your CPU is barely making the recommended minimum of 4000 CPU Benchmark points
Where are you seeing a recommended minimum of 4000 CPU Benchmark points? That link you posted just said "Intel or AMD multi-core processor"...
Let me quote that for you:

"If you’re about to get a new computer for music production with Reason, a great resource for comparing CPU power is cpubenchmark, which provides performance test results for most CPUs on the market. Aim for the highest possible CPU Benchmark points for your budget. In any situation, aim for a minimum of 4000 CPU Benchmark points."
-- https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... Reason-12-

altron

24 Dec 2021

Am I missing something or is this a new bug? ...

After I save a new patch and go into the browser later to load the patch the browser does not refresh to show the newly added files.
Have to restart Reason to recognize the new files.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Pepin

24 Dec 2021

altron wrote:
24 Dec 2021

After I save a new patch and go into the browser later to load the patch the browser does not refresh to show the newly added files.
I'm seeing the same thing. I guess it doesn't update the index when a patch is saved.
It's such an obvious issue that I doubt it was an oversight. I would guess it was a compromise to improve performance in the short term.

Hopefully it will be fixed.
Personally, I wish we had an option to update the index only when manually requested. I'm finding it often updates for no reason, while also failing to update when necessary.

earwig83

25 Dec 2021

jam-s wrote:
21 Dec 2021
earwig83 wrote:
21 Dec 2021
they replaced perpetual license paradigm with perpetual beta testing. The software is garbage now. I'll just have to live with the let down.
I see it more as an open beta. So Just relax and watch the show. R13 might be stable and bug-free enough to actually consider upgrading again.
open beta philosophy is garbage and should be abandoned by all companies. It is ruining everything and the evidence is clear across all industries.

arqui

25 Dec 2021

It is very rare that the minimum requirements do not mention anything about the graphic card, it would be convenient to indicate it since it is one of the many factors of graphic problems that are found ...
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

typicals

25 Dec 2021

But it does it work fine now with macOS Monterey?
If not, it's a bit slow on the draw from Reason Studios side, considering all the M1 computers coming preinstalled with Monterey...

QVprod

25 Dec 2021

typicals wrote:
25 Dec 2021
But it does it work fine now with macOS Monterey?
If not, it's a bit slow on the draw from Reason Studios side, considering all the M1 computers coming preinstalled with Monterey...
May work fine with Monterey but it always takes time for compatibility with a new OS.

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... Windows-11

jam-s

25 Dec 2021

arqui wrote:
25 Dec 2021
It is very rare that the minimum requirements do not mention anything about the graphic card, it would be convenient to indicate it since it is one of the many factors of graphic problems that are found ...
I also wondered about this. My take on it is: They still don't know it and thus enabled mandatory telemetry in R12 to collect data on this.

plaamook

25 Dec 2021

altron wrote:
24 Dec 2021

I've got the same with bounced audio.

I'll go file a (nother) report I guess...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

jam-s

25 Dec 2021

Looks like someone forgot to invalidate the cache for the corresponding folders on any of those save events. If they did not royally screw up their design fixing this should take a few minutes to add the cache invalidation call to the appropriate places during any save a new file operation.

Re8et
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2021

EnochLight wrote:
23 Dec 2021
jam-s wrote:
22 Dec 2021

But I'll admit his CPU is crazy old/slow, even worse than my 3770k (which scores 6436 versus his 4079). His CPU will be almost 12 years old in a minute:

oooooooooooooold_boy.GIF

Majestik Monkey wrote:
22 Dec 2021
but the indexing starts again until i reboot again
Yeah, sounds like you're caught in the infinite indexing loop bug that I'm suffering from as well. My SSD is maxed out to 100% disk use, even if I let Reason just sit idle for a few hours. Sucks.
My Lappy Cpu is around that score, is it bad??? Intel Core i3-3220 CPU MARK 4398 (5%)

plaamook

26 Dec 2021

plaamook wrote:
25 Dec 2021
altron wrote:
24 Dec 2021

I've got the same with bounced audio.

I'll go file a (nother) report I guess...
Well, I’ve reported it for audio and patches.
So maybe they’ll stick it on the next update.

While they’re at it it would be nice if they fixed the broader functioning of saving and folder alterations.
It’s always been the case that if you manually drag a new file in or alter existing files in an open browser folder you need to get out of the folder and back in for Reason to recognise the change.

Also I’ll add that when saving files the most recent locations option never contains the finder window you just dragged audio from. It doesn’t recognise the initial life location as other apps do. Which is why I tend to bounce edits to desktop first.

Anyway...

Or here.

jaeproduced

26 Dec 2021

Updated and now Drag & Freeze must be a new feature because every time I drag a device or preset in the rack it freezes and I have to force quit. So annoying....

MBP 2012 Mid
Mojave 10.14.6
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
16Gb ram

Arrant
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2021

Dragging new devices into the rack is indeed very risky. If you're patient and haven't saved for a while you can sometimes wait it out though.

plaamook

26 Dec 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
26 Dec 2021
Updated and now Drag & Freeze must be a new feature because every time I drag a device or preset in the rack it freezes and I have to force quit. So annoying....

MBP 2012 Mid
Mojave 10.14.6
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
16Gb ram
Update to Catalina. Mojave has all sorts of probs they can't deal with. That was what they recommended and it sorted out a few issues and I'm on a similar set up to you. Pain in the ass but that's the score.
The other is make sure you switch your display colour to sRGB. Clears up some lag in rack scrolling and few other Grfx related issues.

Or here.

jaeproduced

26 Dec 2021

plaamook wrote:
26 Dec 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
26 Dec 2021

MBP 2012 Mid
Mojave 10.14.6
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
16Gb ram
Update to Catalina. Mojave has all sorts of probs they can't deal with. That was what they recommended and it sorted out a few issues and I'm on a similar set up to you. Pain in the ass but that's the score.
The other is make sure you switch your display colour to sRGB. Clears up some lag in rack scrolling and few other Grfx related issues.
Ok, I updated from high sierra to Mojave because all the problems Reason 11was having now here we go again...So annoying

• Information