Reason Cables video is really good

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Popey
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021
Popey wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021

:shock: cool, scrolling while holding a cv jack really was a pain. One day I should really start reading manuals 🀣
I try to everything tidy and stuff shouldn't be too far if everything else is minimised, you know? Myself, I seldom use the right click menu πŸ˜‚
I am an untidy bugger when creating and don't minimise any rack extensions🀣. Using groups in live is about the only thing I use to keep everything on one screen.

Billy+

16 Nov 2021

Mistro17 wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021
Billy+ wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021

The cool thing about using kong to control redrum via gate cv is you can label the kong pads, then when programming the midi you get actually labels rather than the keyboard roll....
This rabbit hole just gets better huh? :thumbup: Thanks
You can also trigger Rex slots the same way as well as nn(xt & 19) which in turn gives better access to automation or cv based modulation ;)

Billy+

16 Nov 2021

I actually prefer Ammo100 for my modulation source it has more control and a larger selection of oscillators compared to pulsar.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... scillator/

Billy+

16 Nov 2021

You can also have a lot of fun with cv suite https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/browse/?q=Cv+suite

PhillipOrdonez

16 Nov 2021

16 Nov 2021
16 Nov 2021

I try to everything tidy and stuff shouldn't be too far if everything else is minimised, you know? Myself, I seldom use the right click menu πŸ˜‚
I am an untidy bugger when creating and don't minimise any rack extensions🀣. Using groups in live is about the only thing I use to keep everything on one screen.
A tidy session is a quick session. I'm very tidy when creating. You should try it!

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2021

16 Nov 2021
16 Nov 2021

A tidy session is a quick session. I'm very tidy when creating. You should try it!
Yeah probably should when doing things in the rack as that is where it gets messy. Live is fine as everything is at bottom of screen and I can group and hide things, who knows why I don't do the same in rrp.

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2021

5K Viewers, top notch!
If only I could organize cables post- song making :clap: :thumbup: :?
That moment when you open a song file and you don't have the slightest idea what
is operating what :lol: :lol:
CABLESHORT.JPG
CABLESHORT.JPG (726.98 KiB) Viewed 840 times

kitekrazy

16 Nov 2021

challism wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2021
Hoboys wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2021
I'm not too sure if this should belong to General or Tutorials, because I don't want to discuss the contents of the video per se, but how good it is and how Reason have finally made an actual educational video.

Just had to give it a Like. More of THIS, please.
I think some Reason praise is refreshing to see right now. Let's just leave this positive post here in the General Reason forum, where you put it. :)

And I agree, it was a good video. I would like to see them do more videos in this direction, like they used to do.
Same here. I don't see the 3rd party tutorials giving any attention other than Reason's instruments.

Faastwalker

17 Nov 2021

Hoboys wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2021
I'm not too sure if this should belong to General or Tutorials, because I don't want to discuss the contents of the video per se, but how good it is and how Reason have finally made an actual educational video.

Just had to give it a Like. More of THIS, please.
Excellent video. More of this, please :thumbup:

challism

17 Nov 2021

Re8et wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021
5K Viewers, top notch!
If only I could organize cables post- song making :clap: :thumbup: :?
That moment when you open a song file and you don't have the slightest idea what
is operating what :lol: :lol:

CABLESHORT.JPG
Use Jiggery Pokery TMA and write yourself some reminder notes inside the song. That way you can more easily remember what is controlling what.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

deigm

18 Nov 2021

Great video. A more in-depth CV video next time please! :clap:
Djstarski wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021
Great video as always . I must be the only one that cringes seeing Ableton or any other music software in a Reason Studios video .
It's just marketing. They want any ableton users that happen upon this video to see that they can jump on reason without abandoning their current DAW and re-learning a whole new one. That's more potential sales which can only be good news for us reason users.

Djstarski

19 Nov 2021

deigm wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2021
Great video. A more in-depth CV video next time please! :clap:
Djstarski wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2021
Great video as always . I must be the only one that cringes seeing Ableton or any other music software in a Reason Studios video .
It's just marketing. They want any ableton users that happen upon this video to see that they can jump on reason without abandoning their current DAW and re-learning a whole new one. That's more potential sales which can only be good news for us reason users.
Ok , I hope it all goes according to plan . I only use Reason as my DAW .

• Information