Recreate sp404 mkii resample functionality in reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GRIFTY

17 Oct 2021

Hey fellas, I'm getting kinda hyped up on the sp404 mk2 coming out soon.

It has a feature where it automatically records the last, i think 25 seconds of audio for you to immediately resample.

I'm wondering if such a configuration might be possible in reason?

I'm thinking of maybe using a ridiculously long delay on a muted channel, allowing me to go back & listen to the "instant replay" if any creative magic is made on the fly. Problem with this approach is you have to catch it on the delay. It doesn't save into a buffer like the sp.

So then I start thinking of maybe using a beat chop or something similar in my side channel, but i dunno if i can really recreate it that well with this approach tbh

Anyone have any better ideas?

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2021

GRIFTY wrote:
17 Oct 2021
I'm wondering if such a configuration might be possible in reason?

Anyone have any better ideas?
I posted this just last night, following listening to the 'skipback' functionality viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7525272

You can of course make the delay much longer, in the above instance I just went for 6 seconds - but I can always add more.

EDIT: It doesn't really 'store' the audio, rather its just a delay.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Jackjackdaw

17 Oct 2021

Two things I wish Reason had: automatic alt lanes and retrospective midi record.

I’ve wanted an SP404 for ages. This MK2 is going to tip me over. It looks fantastic!

Jackjackdaw

17 Oct 2021

You can use Enso looper by Audio Damage as a massive audio buffer. Bit expensive but nice plug-in.

miscend

17 Oct 2021

You can put a VST with sampling capability on the master output. But other than that, if you want a hardware workflow get hardware there is no substitute for getting away from a computer and the working with the real thing.

GRIFTY

17 Oct 2021

Is there anything that automatically records audio, but is gated, so it won't just keep on recording silence?

GRIFTY

20 Oct 2021

Anyone have any vst suggestions that would do something like this? Hate to bump my own thread but Google is failing me hard tbh.

Looking for a gated sample & hold audio buffer that will record when audio is live, but will not record silence. Also perhaps some audio time limit to prevent my system from devouring its memory

Jackjackdaw

20 Oct 2021

Don’t know of a vst that does all of this but you could put a looper such as Enso in a modular environment and patch something up. You could probably do it with Reason devices but personally I would try in Volatge Modular. It has a simple to use VST host module. Maybe an envelope follower and some kind of logic module that triggers the recorder when audio comes in and triggers it off when it’s quiet.

• Information