Reason 12 Suite?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DMGuy

27 Aug 2021

Hey guys. I was wondering if they are going to release a suite this time around. I can’t find any info about it. I don’t want to have to subscribe to Reason + for Pattern Mutator, Algorithm, Mimic, etc. I just got Reason 11 Suite last fall. Thanks.
MacBook Pro (i7 16 GB RAM), Reason Suite 11, Logic Pro 10.6, Ableton Live

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Aug 2021

Reason Suite has unfortunately been discontinued (along with Reason Intro): https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... scontinued

It was too good of a deal to last!

joeyluck

27 Aug 2021

They've said that there won't be a R12 Suite. The options are Reason+ subscription to always be up to date and have all the REs they release, or R12 standard perpetual license.

Billy+

27 Aug 2021

DMGuy wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Hey guys. I was wondering if they are going to release a suite this time around. I can’t find any info about it. I don’t want to have to subscribe to Reason + for Pattern Mutator, Algorithm, Mimic, etc. I just got Reason 11 Suite last fall. Thanks.
Reason + is what suite gave you with the added sound pack content provided via companion and any future devices created by Reason Studios, you get access to it all for a monthly/yearly subscription fee.

The difference is that you own nothing so cancelling your subscription removes access to the daw and rack extensions, alternatively you can buy a perpetual license but you will also have to pay for the rack extensions (rent to own | subscription) options are available for Reason Studios devices along with a few other developers or you can purchase as normal.

Mimic is included in the V12 upgrade along with CMBv2
Algorithm will no doubt be on sale at some point

Heigen5

27 Aug 2021

What do people think: How much should the yearly annual be? At least it should be less than a monthly fee, right?

nickb523
RE Developer

27 Aug 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
What do people think: How much should the yearly annual be? At least it should be less than a monthly fee, right?
Isn't it like £199 for the year vs £239 if you pay monthly?

DaveyG

27 Aug 2021

I found it strange that Suite was a one off. It's fairly normal for companies to have three tiers of product - cheap entry level, normal level and all-singing all-dancing pro/suite level with loads of extra plugins and content. I guess you could view R+ as the latter but they should offer a perpetual licence version of it too. They could charge crazy money for it and it would still sell. Plenty of people want an "everything" package.

Heigen5

27 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Isn't it like £199 for the year vs £239 if you pay monthly?
Is it? Well yeah I went with the 99€ deal back then, but the next fee will maybe be 199€ then. Gotta start putting money aside for the next yearly annual. :twisted:

DMGuy

27 Aug 2021

As a Reason 11 Suite owner I don’t think the $20 per month is worth it. It’s $240 per year and we used to pay that for Suite, and we owned it! I hope the lost revenue from people like me makes them go back to the old model.
MacBook Pro (i7 16 GB RAM), Reason Suite 11, Logic Pro 10.6, Ableton Live

nickb523
RE Developer

27 Aug 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Is it? Well yeah I went with the 99€ deal back then, but the next fee will maybe be 199€ then. Gotta start putting money aside for the next yearly annual. :twisted:
It wouldn't surprise me if they did renewal deals around the time your sub is due to expire. They will want to keep hold of yearly subscribers the most so I'd bet you'll get a discount offer near renewal date. Pure speculation but seems plausible.

tc13

27 Aug 2021

From all the information there was when suite was released, there never was any promises that it would be repeated again for the next version of Reason.

You got an hell of a deal with a lot of instruments and effects that not are going anywhere and you own them.

Heigen5

27 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2021

It wouldn't surprise me if they did renewal deals around the time your sub is due to expire. They will want to keep hold of yearly subscribers the most so I'd bet you'll get a discount offer near renewal date. Pure speculation but seems plausible.
Well, if it would cost around 149€-169€ - It'd be pretty 'right' amount to pay IMO.

joeyluck

27 Aug 2021

If you consider the cost of Reason and all of the REs released per year, then Reason+ saves you money per year. If you consider that you don't want to upgrade every version or that you don't want every RE that RS releases, then it makes sense to buy the perpetual license and just the REs you want.

While it would be great to have vouchers at the end of each year like Kilohearts or some sort of fallback plan when your subscription expires... Having the subscription expire and renewing it when you need it isn't so bad. It's not like it deletes all of your projects when it expires. Or if you decide to upgrade the perpetual license later after giving Reason+ a spin for a while, Reason has one of the best deals as you can upgrade for the same price from any previous version. So you don't fall off the upgrade boat and miss a window to stay within a lower-priced upgrade tier.

Billy+

27 Aug 2021

DMGuy wrote:
27 Aug 2021
As a Reason 11 Suite owner I don’t think the $20 per month is worth it. It’s $240 per year and we used to pay that for Suite, and we owned it! I hope the lost revenue from people like me makes them go back to the old model.
What old model?

Perpetual licensing is still available! I can't see them removing it especially given the amount of current customers who have very clearly said subscription isn't an option.

I guess they could start to price us out but even that doesn't seem viable in reality.

Billy+

27 Aug 2021

tc13 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
From all the information there was when suite was released, there never was any promises that it would be repeated again for the next version of Reason.

You got an hell of a deal with a lot of instruments and effects that not are going anywhere and you own them.
I really wished that I brought the boxed version instead of direct download.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Aug 2021
tc13 wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Why?? Stickers??
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

27 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Why?? Stickers??

Billy+

27 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Billy+ wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Why?? Stickers??
Just because I've got a good collection of Reason boxes from over the years.

With stickers and extra content that got included, I'm not sure if anything extra was included in suite box though.
Does anyone know?

Billy+

27 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2021
MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2021

Why?? Stickers??
No way man, my V1 box is in perfect condition along with the sticker and cd's ;) some of them have still got plastic wrap on them, I just cut the bottom off so I could slide out my serial number ;)

gullum

27 Aug 2021

DMGuy wrote:
27 Aug 2021
you should also bear in mind if you go for subscription and later on decide to chancel it going back to using Reason 11 (Suite) no of the songs you made while on R12+ can be opened in Reason 11

GRIFTY

28 Aug 2021

If i buy a 11 suite upgrade floating around eBay or something, will that let me get all the suite stuff PLUS upgrade to 12?

Tiny Montgomery

28 Aug 2021

nickb523 wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
27 Aug 2021

I'm hoping they'll do this as I only subbed due to the 99 offer too, I'm glad I picked up suite when I came back to reason. Definitely want to retain Friktion, Algoritm and Pattern Mutator now I've used them, hoping one of them ships with R12 (unlikely I'm guessing).

jam-s

28 Aug 2021

GRIFTY wrote:
28 Aug 2021
If i buy a 11 suite upgrade floating around eBay or something, will that let me get all the suite stuff PLUS upgrade to 12?
If it is a not yet registered upgrade serial number it should give you all of this, yes.

Mistro17

28 Aug 2021

And to think I was really hesitant to upgrade to Reason 11. I got Reason 11 suite on sale during lockdown for a great price. Feel like i dodged a bullet. It's one of those times when GAS pays off.

theknocker

05 Feb 2022

joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2021
Or if you decide to upgrade the perpetual license later after giving Reason+ a spin for a while, Reason has one of the best deals as you can upgrade for the same price from any previous version. So you don't fall off the upgrade boat and miss a window to stay within a lower-priced upgrade tier.
So is it possible to upgrade my monthly Reason plus software to Reason 12 (currently Reason 11)?

I thought the website said Reason plus comes with the most current version of Reason, but I can't seem to find where or how to upgrade my software from v11 to v12 without buying a whole Reason 12 download or upgrade...

• Information